E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Any exhaust group buys?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #45
theriz
Colonel
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ventura County, CA

Posts: 2,866
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 335i M-Sport  [2.00]
2009 X5  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to theriz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego@Lutzperformance View Post
I will start a thread on the FS section as soon as im able to do so, mostlikely by tomorrow it should be up. I will post a link on here.

In the mean time any questions please post them here or PM me.


We've installed this exhaust in several N54's and drone is very minimal, but we have notices that on some AT 335's the drone is a bit bigger.

Thank You Guys!
is it louder than stock? i dont wanna spend the money if its just a tad louder than stock...

i know ae is really quiet
theriz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #46
Diego@Lutzperformance
 
Diego@Lutzperformance's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa/Lutz

Posts: 1,036
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Diego@Lutzperformance
Quote:
Originally Posted by theriz View Post
is it louder than stock? i dont wanna spend the money if its just a tad louder than stock...

i know ae is really quiet
Its definitely louder than stock!....I was talking about drone.
Diego@Lutzperformance is offline   Chile
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #47
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Best videos I can find on the spot

N54


N55


AA won't have that ricey, coffee can exhaust.
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #48
bigdnno98
Major
 
bigdnno98's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e92 335i MT
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Clarksville, TN

Posts: 1,143
iTrader: (7)

VRSF is prob more around the $$$ I'm looking to spend than AA
__________________
New Project....... 2.4L Long Rod motor for my EVO
03 Evo 8 HTA3582r Blown Motor
09 e92 335i MT Sold 440hp/480tq
bigdnno98 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #49
CaliforniaBred
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i AW Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California/Kentucky

Posts: 254
iTrader: (3)

Yeah I need to see whatsup with this VSRF Exhaust, DP's, and FMIC. I'll buy it all up. It just needs to be good to go in two weeks or bust.
CaliforniaBred is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #50
ConceptE92
Private
 
Drives: 2008 Entwicklung 92 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Miami

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

I am interested in the AA as well, however could someone get a recap as to how many people we have and what the final price would be with shipping?

Thanks in advance,
ConceptE92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #51
Tiago@VRSF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Tiago@VRSF's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i, F30 328i, F82 M4
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hudson, MA

Posts: 5,999
iTrader: (91)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
AA & AE offer a great product and can definitely provide the guys looking for immediate satisfaction with a more than satisfactory product.

For those interested in our exhaust, it will feature a 3.5" fully stainless steel design which weighs about half as much as the stock system and incorporates a v-band clamp design. More importantly it will also cost a bit more than half as much as most of the current competitors.

For those looking for more information regarding our exhaust design/sound, we use a 3.5" design which takes a less common approach. Rather than sticking with the dual exhaust system, we combine the two exhaust paths into one 3.5" pipe and split off into two 3" tips after the muffler. We're utilizing an adjustable rear tip which will allow both single & dual tips and will allow for customization of both tip orientation and adjustability for Sedan vs Coupe fitment.

As for sound, the exhaust setup utilizes a specifically designed muffler to keep the overall tone similar to stock in idle/cruise conditions. When you open it up, you get to experience the full effect of the 3.5" catless exhaust with a deep, aggressive tone.. In wide open throttle conditions, the exhaust does a great job of accentuating the high compression exhaust note without the excessive drone/harmonic imbalance found in most systems. This sound is loud enough to differentiate from stock but more refined in comparison to the louder race/non-daily driver exhausts. If you're looking for something loud enough to wake the neighbors, this exhaust isn't for you (or at least this variant

I can definitely offer a group buy price for the initial batch of exhausts but I just wouldn't feel comfortable taking anyone's money until I had a concrete ETA of when our current production batch will be readily available. I should have more information regarding the availability of the production units in about 2-3 days. As soon as that info becomes available, I'll gladly update anyone interested in purchasing

Last edited by Tiago@VRSF; 06-11-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Tiago@VRSF is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #52
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinautowerke View Post
I am interested in the AA as well, however could someone get a recap as to how many people we have and what the final price would be with shipping?

Thanks in advance,
SO I think we've reached the point that it's going to be between the AA and VRSF catbacks. As of right now, these are the people who have voiced an interest in participating in an exhaust GB:
  1. benzy89
  2. 335xi_zer0
  3. spoiledxjoker
  4. bigdnno98
  5. theriz
  6. ATP
  7. 335(EX)(EYE)
  8. Deadwrong
  9. CaliforniaBred
  10. Twinautowerke

Diego@Lutzperformance mentioned that he could do a GB if we have a minimum of 3 people, but like any other GB the price will drop as more people commit (addressing people's concern of the AA system price). Tiago also mentioned he would run a GB for the initial batch, but I would like to hear some sound clips to make sure it's the exhaust sound I'm looking for.

Both the AA + VRSF exhausts will be N54 and N55 compatible, so if someone could take the reins and post a thread in the N55 section connecting to this thread, I'd really appreciate and I'm sure we'll be able pick up a few more people (which will only continue to drive the price down).

Tiago -- We'll look forward to your update later this week.
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #53
-StanceCity-
Major
 
-StanceCity-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008/E92/335i/N54
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Stance City

Posts: 1,228
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
AA & AE offer a great product and can definitely provide the guys looking for immediate satisfaction with a more than satisfactory product.

For those interested in our exhaust, it will feature a 3.5" fully stainless steel design which weighs about half as much as the stock system and incorporates a v-band clamp design. More importantly it will also cost a bit more than half as much as most of the current competitors.

For those looking for more information regarding our exhaust design/sound, we use a 3.5" design which takes a less common approach. Rather than sticking with the dual exhaust system, we combine the two exhaust paths into one 3.5" pipe and split off into two 3" tips after the muffler. We're utilizing an adjustable rear tip which will allow both single & dual tips and will allow for customization of both tip orientation and adjustability for Sedan vs Coupe fitment.

As for sound, the exhaust setup utilizes a specifically designed muffler to keep the overall tone similar to stock in idle/cruise conditions. When you open it up, you get to experience the full effect of the 3.5" catless exhaust with a deep, aggressive tone.. In wide open throttle conditions, the exhaust does a great job of accentuating the high compression exhaust note without the excessive drone/harmonic imbalance found in most systems. This sound is loud enough to differentiate from stock but more refined in comparison to the louder race/non-daily driver exhausts. If you're looking for something loud enough to wake the neighbors, this exhaust isn't for you (or at least this variant

I can definitely offer a group buy price for the initial batch of exhausts but I just wouldn't feel comfortable taking anyone's money until I had a concrete ETA of when our current production batch will be readily available. I should have more information regarding the availability of the production units in about 2-3 days. As soon as that info becomes available, I'll gladly update anyone interested in purchasing
Looks like HPF stright pipe exhaust? If so...I'm in...hahah
-StanceCity- is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #54
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
I CANNOT stand the HPF Exhaust. IMO, the car sounds like a Honda Civic & after a week you'll be bleeding from the ears from all the drone -- Fast forward to 8:48 to see what I'm talking about


Other problems w/ the HPF:
  • It's not for sale until next month
  • It's not compatible for the N55, Convertible or Xi Models

**Edit -- 91Octane nailed it on the head... HPF & VRSF designs mirror each other. A single 3.5" exhaust pipe that separates for the dual exhaust tips.

Last edited by benzy89; 06-11-2012 at 11:09 PM.
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #55
Diego@Lutzperformance
 
Diego@Lutzperformance's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa/Lutz

Posts: 1,036
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Diego@Lutzperformance
Ok, so this is whats going on with the exhaust systems.
I just got off the phone with AA they have only 4 exhaust systems available right now.
Only issue with them is that the hardware is missing from them and new hardware is due to arrive on or around 6/22 giving us an approx shipping date of 6/29 for those 4 exhaust systems.

Here is the link to the Special!
AA 335 GEN II Exhaust Sale

Last edited by Diego@Lutzperformance; 06-12-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Diego@Lutzperformance is offline   Chile
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #56
CaliforniaBred
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i AW Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California/Kentucky

Posts: 254
iTrader: (3)

Hey Tiago, any chance you received the PM I sent you a couple of days ago?
CaliforniaBred is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #57
CaliforniaBred
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i AW Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California/Kentucky

Posts: 254
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdnno98 View Post
VRSF is prob more around the $$$ I'm looking to spend than AA
Thought you already had an exhaust? Maybe I misheard at the meet. Bleh
CaliforniaBred is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #58
Tiago@VRSF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Tiago@VRSF's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i, F30 328i, F82 M4
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hudson, MA

Posts: 5,999
iTrader: (91)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
I CANNOT stand the HPF Exhaust. IMO, the car sounds like a Honda Civic & after a week you'll be bleeding from the ears from all the drone -- Fast forward to 8:48 to see what I'm talking about

Other problems w/ the HPF:
  • It's not for sale until next month
  • It's not compatible for the N55, Convertible or Xi Models

**Edit -- 91Octane nailed it on the head... HPF & VRSF designs mirror each other. A single 3.5" exhaust pipe that separates for the dual exhaust tips.
Ours doesn't sound like the HPF nor does it look like the HPF. We utilize a muffler rather than a straight pipe and our exhaust has about the same or a little less drone than the AE at low RPM. I've never personally tested the AA so I can't comment on the drone against that. Just because we chose the 3.5" single pipe route, doesn't mean it's a HPF exhaust. I believe AMS also went with the 3" single rather than 2 2.5" pipes which everyone seems to be doing.

The general area of 2 2.5" vs a 3.5" pipe is almost the same but you have the benefit of a huge weight reduction which will absolutely benefit the car all around (handling, acceleration).
Tiago@VRSF is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #59
bigdnno98
Major
 
bigdnno98's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e92 335i MT
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Clarksville, TN

Posts: 1,143
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaBred
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdnno98 View Post
VRSF is prob more around the $$$ I'm looking to spend than AA
Thought you already had an exhaust? Maybe I misheard at the meet. Bleh
Nope. Matt schnell DP but stock exhaust.
__________________
New Project....... 2.4L Long Rod motor for my EVO
03 Evo 8 HTA3582r Blown Motor
09 e92 335i MT Sold 440hp/480tq
bigdnno98 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #60
messi
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i MSport Coupe 6AT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Trinidad

Posts: 370
iTrader: (1)

Subscribed for pricing on the vrsf. Pls keep me in the loop.
messi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #61
335xi_zer0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Monaco Blue 2007 335xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 256
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Ours doesn't sound like the HPF nor does it look like the HPF. We utilize a muffler rather than a straight pipe and our exhaust has about the same or a little less drone than the AE at low RPM. I've never personally tested the AA so I can't comment on the drone against that. Just because we chose the 3.5" single pipe route, doesn't mean it's a HPF exhaust. I believe AMS also went with the 3" single rather than 2 2.5" pipes which everyone seems to be doing.

The general area of 2 2.5" vs a 3.5" pipe is almost the same but you have the benefit of a huge weight reduction which will absolutely benefit the car all around (handling, acceleration).
Awesome info. Any word on XI fitment?
__________________
2007 E90 335xi - "Sera"
Installed: aFe Stage 2 DCI | AE Performance Exhaust | COBB AP | cyba Black Air Scoops | HPB Interior LED Kit | M6 Wheels | ER Charge Pipe | HPB LED Angel Eyes | Helix Intercooler
To Be: AR Design Catless Downpipes
335xi_zer0 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #62
jordan0806
2 cars, 3 turbos
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

I would like to see a pic or description of the VRSF exhaust
jordan0806 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #63
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0806 View Post
I would like to see a pic or description of the VRSF exhaust
Ask and you shall receive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
AA & AE offer a great product and can definitely provide the guys looking for immediate satisfaction with a more than satisfactory product.

For those interested in our exhaust, it will feature a 3.5" fully stainless steel design which weighs about half as much as the stock system and incorporates a v-band clamp design. More importantly it will also cost a bit more than half as much as most of the current competitors.

For those looking for more information regarding our exhaust design/sound, we use a 3.5" design which takes a less common approach. Rather than sticking with the dual exhaust system, we combine the two exhaust paths into one 3.5" pipe and split off into two 3" tips after the muffler. We're utilizing an adjustable rear tip which will allow both single & dual tips and will allow for customization of both tip orientation and adjustability for Sedan vs Coupe fitment.

As for sound, the exhaust setup utilizes a specifically designed muffler to keep the overall tone similar to stock in idle/cruise conditions. When you open it up, you get to experience the full effect of the 3.5" catless exhaust with a deep, aggressive tone.. In wide open throttle conditions, the exhaust does a great job of accentuating the high compression exhaust note without the excessive drone/harmonic imbalance found in most systems. This sound is loud enough to differentiate from stock but more refined in comparison to the louder race/non-daily driver exhausts. If you're looking for something loud enough to wake the neighbors, this exhaust isn't for you (or at least this variant

I can definitely offer a group buy price for the initial batch of exhausts but I just wouldn't feel comfortable taking anyone's money until I had a concrete ETA of when our current production batch will be readily available. I should have more information regarding the availability of the production units in about 2-3 days. As soon as that info becomes available, I'll gladly update anyone interested in purchasing
No pics/video yet
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #64
Tiago@VRSF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Tiago@VRSF's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i, F30 328i, F82 M4
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hudson, MA

Posts: 5,999
iTrader: (91)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbradpage View Post
Heres a little preview of whats coming from VRSF. Just got to install test set on my car, the sound is incredible, fitment and quality is perfect. def wait for these to come out.
took me a couple trys to get these to work
Pics on the first page
Tiago@VRSF is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #65
ATP
Banned
 
Drives: SRT, 335
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CT

Posts: 163
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbradpage View Post
I'll post a few pics later today of the front mount
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Pics on the first page
The real question is, what happened to the pics of the FMIC?

Also, Tiago, any results from Dynos on either unit? AIT control on the FMIC?
ATP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #66
iBoost
Brigadier General
 
iBoost's Avatar
 
Drives: into the unknown.
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 3,032
iTrader: (12)

where's the vid for the VRSF exhaust!? add me to the list!
iBoost is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
aa exhaust, active autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST