E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Key Fob won't lock in slot, Key Error light Code



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
alexortiz20
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 328I
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Watertown, NY

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Key Fob won't lock in slot, Key Error light Code

Hey guys I recently Bought a 08 328I and i have a problem The Fob wont stayed locked in the ignition I can insert it and push on it and start the car but it will bring up an error code and a slashed key light. So I've searched and found some stuff but not similar to my case And I don't have an Owners manual. It might be something simple but figured you guys could help!
alexortiz20 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
triger716
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '09 335i E90
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United States

Posts: 295
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexortiz20 View Post
Hey guys I recently Bought a 08 328I and i have a problem The Fob wont stayed locked in the ignition I can insert it and push on it and start the car but it will bring up an error code and a slashed key light. So I've searched and found some stuff but not similar to my case And I don't have an Owners manual. It might be something simple but figured you guys could help!
Do you have comfort access? (If you're not sure does your front door handles have a spot on top with ridges on them?)
triger716 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
dontburndapig
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 E90 335i Sp/Pr/Ppk
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Hey Alex, go to www.bmwusa.com and create an account using your VIN. Upon sign in, you can download a free copy of your User Manual.

However, this will not solve your key fob problem...but at least you will have your manual in .pdf...
dontburndapig is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 04:45 AM   #4
alexortiz20
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 328I
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Watertown, NY

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triger716 View Post
Do you have comfort access? (If you're not sure does your front door handles have a spot on top with ridges on them?)
They do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontburndapig View Post
Hey Alex, go to www.bmwusa.com and create an account using your VIN. Upon sign in, you can download a free copy of your User Manual.

However, this will not solve your key fob problem...but at least you will have your manual in .pdf...
Thanks downloaded everything
alexortiz20 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
Will@P
Lieutenant
 
Drives: M5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sanford, FL.

Posts: 456
iTrader: (0)

Sounds like you need a new key holder if the key won't lock in.
Will@P is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
alexortiz20
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 328I
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Watertown, NY

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will@PRS View Post
Sounds like you need a new key holder if the key won't lock in.
Don't think so the locks are out and wont go in...
alexortiz20 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #7
bmw325i
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States

Posts: 4,059
iTrader: (5)

Mine has been doing this too lately but it doesn't happen all the time
bmw325i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
Florida Boy
Captain
 
Drives: TiAg 325i, oem 359m
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orlando

Posts: 632
iTrader: (7)

My 2006 had this happen the other day. There was a plastic little "door" that was pushed down incorrectly. So i could start the car and key could fall out and still drive. With same warning code. I took tiny pliers pulled the messed up door out and it locks in fine now. Good luck.
Florida Boy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
alexortiz20
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 328I
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Watertown, NY

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Boy View Post
My 2006 had this happen the other day. There was a plastic little "door" that was pushed down incorrectly. So i could start the car and key could fall out and still drive. With same warning code. I took tiny pliers pulled the messed up door out and it locks in fine now. Good luck.
hahaha Yeah just did that too and came here to put my results, thanks tho guys!
alexortiz20 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #10
Bimmerlover76
Captain
 
Bimmerlover76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Posts: 599
iTrader: (0)

It won't stay in? Maybe it needs some porn.
Bimmerlover76 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
kaypops
New Member
 
kaypops's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 328i 2009 E90
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

I have a BMW E90 and my gf force out the keys damaging the key slot. What is the part number for the key slot. The car runs well, the only problem is the key slot (holder) keeps coming off when I push and remove the key from the slot. ...
kaypops is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
fob, key, key error

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST