E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > What is the best dealership for servicing around LA area?

06-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
jyeah
Private First Class

Drives: 2010 BMW 335i

What is the best dealership for servicing around LA area?

Hi All,

All the reviews I have found for dealerships around the Santa Monica area have been very mixed on the forums (other than SMBMW, which I know for a fact is probably is the worst dealership/service center I have ever known in my life, I went there out of convenience only to be inconvenienced; the cashiers there are the only people that don't give you an attitude). Please don't take your car to SMBMW, even if it's for routine maintenance, because you're just asking for problems (problems that did not previously exist on your car until you brought your car there!).

I'm looking for another good dealership to bring my car in for routine maintenance that's covered by the BMW maintenance program.

I was wondering what's the best dealership/service center around Santa Monica area?

I've heard mixed reviews about South Bay BMW and Beverly Hills BMW. Anyone have any thoughts?

If you're looking for non-warrantied service work, BimmerPhD in Pasadena is one of the best shops to bring your car (no BS), too (plus a great price).

Thanks,
John
      06-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
beskone
Captain

Drives: LeMans BLue e92 335i LCI

Garage List
2012 e92 335i LCI  [0.00]
2009 e92 328i  [5.00]
Beverly Hills is the closest dealer to me and I've had great success there, never bothered me about mods, and always really nice.

That said, my friend takes her car there and she gets grief EVERY SINGLE TIME she takes her car in about her mods.

I've heard good and bad things about South Bay, so not really sure.

Whatever you do don't go to Santa Monica BMW, they SUCK.

e92 LCI LeMans Blue Saddle Brown Bamboo Anthracite Performance Grilles CF Performance Spoiler CF Performance Diffuser ACS Style Roof Spoiler LED Interior Lighting BMS Clutch Stop BMS Intake BMS CDV BMW Performance Exhaust ST V1 Coilovers Miro 111 Staggered More to come!
beskone is offline   United_States
      06-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
dbrody55

Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

my car gets serviced at Beverly Hills BMW. They are by far the best. I live in Arcadia so the closest one to me is Monrovia but they are horrible.
dbrody55 is offline   United_States
      06-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
Snow King
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 E93 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by beskone View Post
Beverly Hills is the closest dealer to me and I've had great success there, never bothered me about mods, and always really nice.

That said, my friend takes her car there and she gets grief EVERY SINGLE TIME she takes her car in about her mods.

I've heard good and bad things about South Bay, so not really sure.

Whatever you do don't go to Santa Monica BMW, they SUCK.
+1 about Santa Monica BMW, don't bother. Have had great experience with South Bay, would highly recommend. Also they will give you loaners no matter where you bought your car!
      06-12-2012, 12:36 AM   #5
daveishi
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 335is

Garage List
it's a bit of a trek for you but Center BMW in Sherman Oaks is an awesome dealership to deal with, just my .02
      06-12-2012, 12:54 AM   #6
aandrew325
Lieutenant

Drives: e92 335i

+1 on center bmw.
      06-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
jeongsikkim
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 M3 E92

I had horrible experiences at Santa monica. I regularly go to Southbay and sometimes to beverly hills. Both are great.
      06-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #8
jyeah
Private First Class

Drives: 2010 BMW 335i

Took my car to South Bay BMW yesterday and service was a lot better than Santa Monica. Only gripe is when I was trying to return the loaner, I got to the place at 6:36 PM due to heavy LA traffic and the valet guy outside was giving me a hard time and told me I had to come back tomorrow (because I was 6 minutes past their cashier's operating hours). Good thing my SA, Kevin Smuckler, was still there and resolved the issue promptly.