E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > How to remove oem footrest?

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
How to remove oem footrest?
Published by firenza
10-26-2010
How to remove oem footrest?

Just bought the OEM aluminum sport pedal together with the M-Power FootRest. Need instruction of removing the original footrest, because it was so tight in place that I am having difficulty of removing it...!!
Tutorial Tools
Attached Images

By akack79 on 10-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
Average 20%
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=dead+pedal

Step 1 : make sure you eat your Wheaties
Step 2: Pull really hard
By pue174 on 03-30-2012, 04:34 PM
I just did this install and the new M pedal doesnt snap into anything, it just sits there. The post went into the holes but there wasn't any snapping.
Any help would help
By München on 06-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
60%60%60%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
Average 33%
I just replace my foot rest from Venetian Beige to Black...it a PITA!!

Their are 5 pins or guide sleeves and are retained by lock fasteners. ( the ones with teeth / barbed ) and is located behind the carpet / foam.

I pulled the dead pedal off and broke all 5 tabs. :-( had to disassemble the knee bolster the left kick panel and the left inner door trim sill. pushed the 5 plastic tabs with a pocket screw driver and fish them out.

Took the washers off the remaining sleeves of the old dead pedal, they are one way (meaning the go on in 1 direction only) so pay attention when installing them, I used a 1/4 10mm deep socket with an extension and had to secure them back. I would start with the top one 1st then work your way down.

I did the opposite and the carpet with the pedal on is hard to manipulate for 1 being it contoured and will hit / interfere with the clutch pedal when you pull the carpet towards you to get clearance that you will need for the tool.

I used scotch tape to hold the washer in place in order for it not to fall and then find / feel the 5 different holes they go onto....hope this helps
Last edited by München; 06-18-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Comment