E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > How to: QUADS for the n52. Pics.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #45
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,678
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
So is the E46 M3 rice? There is absolutely no need for a quad setup on that car. There is no need for a dual setup on a 335. There is no need for a quad setup on the e92 M3 or any M5 for that matter. BMW went out of thier way to make them have quad exhausts at the expense of weight and performance. And like I said above Dinan puts fake tips on thier exhausts because they don't want to loose the look.
Well, it isn't a question of "need" - you're absolutely right that the 335 doesn't need it - somehow the 135 and the older 535 survive just fine. But the issue isn't so much "need" as it is "want". Quad exhausts are aspirational because we think it makes the car look stupidly powerful. So the M3 has it despite having little need for it. So we go out and 3M-tape a pair of pipes onto a N52 to match that?...

Not sure if you've seen middle Eastern cars where people will simultaneously put Mercedes AND BMW logos on, say, a Lada reminds me of this. (or the famous BMW Audi R8 lol). My opinion is the OP's car is a good looking car that just had a huge hand-written Rolex sign taped onto it.
__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #46
tororosso1
Private First Class
 
Drives: e90 Pre-LCI prem+sport 6mt
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
So is the E46 M3 rice? There is absolutely no need for a quad setup on that car. There is no need for a dual setup on a 335. There is no need for a quad setup on the e92 M3 or any M5 for that matter. BMW went out of thier way to make them have quad exhausts at the expense of weight and performance. And like I said above Dinan puts fake tips on thier exhausts because they don't want to loose the look.
u make more sense. enjoy reading your contributions in e90 community.
tororosso1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #47
N0OS3
Colonel
 
N0OS3's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oak Harbor, WA

Posts: 2,218
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirez330i View Post
I think I will go this route actually...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...source=message
not really sure where you're going with this... ? this thread is one of my "newbie" threads from february 2011... you're not proving a point... unless you're ACTUALLY talking about retrofitting 335i turbos onto your N52...

-1

There's a difference between hating (dislike because i can't afford it or create it myself) vs criticizing (i think it's dumb). Either way, it's my opinion and you can either take it for what it's worth (zero) or cry about it.
__________________
WTB: 3 Stage Intake Manifold and components - PM me your asking price.
N0OS3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #48
Gjm127
Lieutenant
 
Gjm127's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW E92
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montreal, QC

Posts: 475
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW E92  [4.83]
I think it looks great. Our cars can't give us the performance we'd like but if making it look sportier makes him happy, then why not?
It sure made me happy to get my BMWPE converted into duals.. I'm happy I didn't get all the heat for that since mine was done by extending a pipe through to the passengers side.

Why didn't I get bullseyed as much as he is now?
We're both aiming for the same thing... LOOKS! Who cares if it's fake!
Good job OP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos916 View Post
Its not imposible to do quad or a dual set up with all that stuff back there .. Shoot this member did dual with a BMWPE!!!
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=674077&page=3

Just ad two more tips and u git quad
Hey that's me!! I did this because I live in cold weather and getting fake tips would make it look real bad when in low temperatures.
Also, I wanted the air to come out evenly...
Gjm127 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #49
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,678
iTrader: (9)

Gjm, you didn't get bullseyed because at least you made the effort to plumb the second pipe. You gained no performance, but at least made the effort to make it look decent, so it's now in the realm of taste - whether one likes the look or not. The OP in this thread just 3M taped a set of unplumbed pipes on the right side. It's borderline shameful.
__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #50
ramirez330i
MATTE
 
ramirez330i's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 VW Golf R
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 515
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Gjm, you didn't get bullseyed because at least you made the effort to plumb the second pipe. You gained no performance, but at least made the effort to make it look decent, so it's now in the realm of taste - whether one likes the look or not. The OP in this thread just 3M taped a set of unplumbed pipes on the right side. It's borderline shameful.
So you think that I should have run a pipe to the right side to make them "look" more like "real" fake quads. And in the process risk losing performance, exhaust tone, having to modify the cars underbody components, and spending a lot more money to achieve the exact same thing. Quads that literally do nothing except provide symmetry to the rear of the car in a purely cosmetic way.
__________________
ramirez330i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #51
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,678
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirez330i View Post
So you think that I should have run a pipe to the right side to make them "look" more like "real" fake quads. And in the process risk losing performance, exhaust tone, having to modify the cars underbody components, and spending a lot more money to achieve the exact same thing. Quads that literally do nothing except provide symmetry to the rear of the car in a purely cosmetic way.
Actually, that's a bit of a straw man argument. Nowhere did I condone quads from my viewpoint, I just rail more on fake quads than plumbed ones.

Honestly, I think you should've done nothing and left your car as it was. The reason being that, as I wrote upthread, I really like the way you modded the car otherwise (the matte grey looks sharp) and (if asked to) I would have trouble criticising it from any angle. What does it matter if it didn't have quads, real or fake? There have been plenty of beautiful cars which are "asymmetric" in their exhaust placement, and others which were symmetric but fugly.

It comes down to someone looking at the car going "nice exhaust" - and you have a choice of saying "nah it's fake, just looks" (bam, instant points down) or dodge the question. Why bother?
__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #52
ramirez330i
MATTE
 
ramirez330i's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 VW Golf R
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 515
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Actually, that's a bit of a straw man argument. Nowhere did I condone quads from my viewpoint, I just rail more on fake quads than plumbed ones.

Honestly, I think you should've done nothing and left your car as it was. The reason being that, as I wrote upthread, I really like the way you modded the car otherwise (the matte grey looks sharp) and (if asked to) I would have trouble criticising it from any angle. What does it matter if it didn't have quads, real or fake? There have been plenty of beautiful cars which are "asymmetric" in their exhaust placement, and others which were symmetric but fugly.

It comes down to someone looking at the car going "nice exhaust" - and you have a choice of saying "nah it's fake, just looks" (bam, instant points down) or dodge the question. Why bother?
I see where you are coming from completely. The thing is, first of all, I could care less what other people think about my car. It is my car so I do what I want to it. Im not posing with badges or anything like that. Also, the fact that I did spend a good deal of money upgrading to an aftermarket exhaust system, the Magnaflow #16539 catback, and did not want to modify it for fear of the stories of losing low end torque and resale value, makes it more justifiable in my mind.
__________________
ramirez330i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #53
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,678
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirez330i View Post
I see where you are coming from completely. The thing is, first of all, I could care less what other people think about my car. It is my car so I do what I want to it. Im not posing with badges or anything like that. Also, the fact that I did spend a good deal of money upgrading to an aftermarket exhaust system, the Magnaflow #16539 catback, and did not want to modify it for fear of the stories of losing low end torque and resale value, makes it more justifiable in my mind.
Yeah, I suppose (and thanks for taking the criticism civilly). I agree that at least you made the effort to upgrade the exhaust - and had you piped it, some other smartass would come out railing on you for just lengthening the pipes and adding no function - there is no win there, whichever way you play it.

Ah well. Like I said, besides that, car looks good
__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #54
phozenstone
Brigadier General
 
phozenstone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 Montego Blue
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 4,794
iTrader: (70)

I did something similar (not with quads) but I've also routed the piping to the passenger side since itd look rather weird in the winter when exhaust fumes are only coming out of one side. Not a bad job tho...looks good from the rear

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557918
__________________
E92 Xdrive / Montego Blue / M3 Black Novillo Leather / OEM 351M 19" Wheels / Mtech Rear w/ IS Diffuser / Aero Lip / LCI Tailights / M3 Steering Wheel w/Paddles / 40% Huper Optik / Lux V3 / 4300K HID Fogs / Dynavin D99 / 3 Stage Intake Manifold / Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Conversion 4" Tips / K&N Filter w/ charcoal delete / Active Autowerke Stage 2 Tune / KW V1 Coilovers / BMW Performance Strut Bar
phozenstone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #55
tororosso1
Private First Class
 
Drives: e90 Pre-LCI prem+sport 6mt
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

For more newcomers: n52 quad conversion resource visit

For more newcomers: n52 quad conversion resource visit

[\How to: QUADS for n52. Part 2.] ]http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711034


Dual-exhaust conversion on PE
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674077

extra

Secondary cat delete??????
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711999







Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirez330i View Post
I see where you are coming from completely. The thing is, first of all, I could care less what other people think about my car. It is my car so I do what I want to it. Im not posing with badges or anything like that. Also, the fact that I did spend a good deal of money upgrading to an aftermarket exhaust system, the Magnaflow #16539 catback, and did not want to modify it for fear of the stories of losing low end torque and resale value, makes it more justifiable in my mind.
this is why i love this thread. 1. OP's contributions to n52 community ex:with this thread improving exhaust w/o lost of power. 2 gained more respect from me in evidence by his spot on responses to haters.

no homo but man i love this guy. LOL

Last edited by tororosso1; 06-30-2012 at 02:28 PM.
tororosso1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #56
E90ROXS
Second Lieutenant
 
E90ROXS's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SJ

Posts: 243
iTrader: (1)

Here is the true quad conversion. LTBMW installed a 335 Vanguard exhaust on a E92 328i. I'm thinking of doing this. By the way who the hell need that stupid emergency box? Might as well get rid of it.

http://ltbmw.com/category/installs/
E90ROXS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #57
Omar335i
El Capitan
 
Omar335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 Black Sapphire
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sunrise, FL

Posts: 288
iTrader: (5)

I think you pulled it off. Had me fooled lol
Omar335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #58
e90mbition
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E46, E90
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

all you ppl bitching about OP, his car is nicely put together and all the mods flow together with his csl trunk and diffusor, the ones who bitch u guys probably just have those cheap tape on mods like m3 lip spoiler or matte black grills.

to OP: u done a great job and your car looks great, screw the haters
e90mbition is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2012, 02:22 AM   #59
flinchy
Colonel
 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

Posts: 2,702
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tororosso1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirez330i View Post
Hate all you want. Just trying to help out the n52 community.
imo its a good setup.
for the looks of it
And its a good balance between performance vrs looks
plus, OP managed come up with a solution of not losing much low end torque performance...
to me spliting n52 to quads is even more of a fail due to not having torque at all LOL i mean minivan will probably keep up with it on exit power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kybmw View Post
looks good but anything fake, you're going to get bitch slap on this fourm
i disagree. i think for the most part e90 has supportive members but there are for sure a good number of members in e90 commuinty who's maturity level that are
unfortunately they're also annoying loud group of kids.

5-6 series community has much less noise.
No torque? 316nm is plenty! Mine pulls fine!
flinchy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2012, 02:31 AM   #60
Amini77
Brigadier General
 
Amini77's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

Posts: 4,464
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Doesn't Remus make quads for us n52 guys so it won't interfere with the metal box?
Amini77 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2013, 03:03 AM   #61
saife90
New Member
 
saife90's Avatar
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: utah

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

haters always gonna hate great job dude!!!
saife90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #62
shamu2789
Private First Class
 
shamu2789's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 '07
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston/Portland, ME

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

I think it looks damn sexy if nothing else! Nice work bro
__________________
Afe Stage 2 Magnum Intake - Custom SS Exhaust - AG M359 Staggered - CF spoiler
shamu2789 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #63
cuiter23
Major
 
cuiter23's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i ZSP
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 1,021
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirez330i View Post
Hate all you want. Just trying to help out the n52 community.
Your quads look sick! clean configuration and forget the haters bro
__________________
2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
cuiter23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #64
thefull9yards
Private
 
thefull9yards's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Sparkling Graphite 328i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

... fake quads? I know this has already been said plenty of times by others, but, really? Either take the time to do it right or find something else to mod. No need to make it look rice.
thefull9yards is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #65
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
 
Dylanize's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' E92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Queen City, NC

Posts: 1,499
iTrader: (2)

At The End Of The Day... Your 335 Dual Exhaust Is "just For Looks"...
Merely Dual To Distinguish Between Models. My Friends Accord Has A Dual Exhaust, Know Why? Because It Says "sport" On The Back.
__________________

| Platinum Bronze Metallic | AA | VMR | CSL | PIAA | ACS | DJApex Eurobox |
Dylanize is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #66
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,678
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanize View Post
At The End Of The Day... Your 335 Dual Exhaust Is "just For Looks"...
Merely Dual To Distinguish Between Models. My Friends Accord Has A Dual Exhaust, Know Why? Because It Says "sport" On The Back.
Uhh... what? Have you actually seen a 335 exhaust? The Accord exhaust splits at the rear axle, while the 335i exhaust actually has two channels straight to each turbo, all the way from the downpipes to the exhaust tips. Google Images is your friend, friend.
__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST