E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Who is Mitt Romney???

07-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #45
cssnms
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
By the same logic you are using, one could assume also that the current deficit issue is due to the REPLUBICAN CONTROLLED House?
No you can't! The Republicans in the House can't do anything without getting through the Senate, which last I looked is controlled by the Democrats, and vice versa--- that's why we have a stalemate and no budget!

Last edited by cssnms; 07-12-2012 at 09:07 AM.
cssnms is offline   United_States
      07-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #46
cssnms
Brigadier General

I keep waiting for one of these left-wing trolls to say; "The debt is high under Obama because the top earners are getting tax cuts."

Come on 128, this one has you written all over it!
      07-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #47
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
You never cease to amaze!

You can slice and dice it anyway you want you mathmatically challenged twit. Let me say this again because it is clear and that you and your dunderhead uneducated left wing buddies are to stupid to comprehend it.

Under the Bush presidency the debt rose by $4.8 trillion -- IN 2 terms (that's 8 yrs for those of you don't know what that means) OBAMA spent $4.9 trillion in just 3.5 yrs!

Again here is how stupid you are... You continue to throw your own peeps under the bus each time you open your mouth. TARP could not be signed by the president unless the Democrats in congress approved it.

Speaking of debt and who is responsible for running it up see if you can wrap your pee brain around these figures...

2003 - 2007 Republicans controlled congress for 48 months and the debt at the start was $6,382,650,489,675 and at the end of the term was $8,677,214,255,313 Debt increased by $2,294,563,765,638 at an avg daily accumulation $47,803,411,784

2007 - 2009 Democrat controlled for 24 months and the debt at the start was $8,677,214,255,313 and at the end of their run the debt increased to $10,627,961,295,931 Debt increased by $1,950,747,040,618 at an average daily accumulation $81,281,126,692

2009 - 2011 Democrat's controlled congress for 24 and the debt at the start of their term was $10,627,961,295,931 and at the end of their term it increased to $14,014,049,043,294 the debt increased by $3,386,087,747,363 at and avg daily accumulation $141,086,989,473.

Now see if you can muster the brain power to add up how much the debt increased during the months the DEMOCRATS CONTROLLED congress.
OK, I don't know (or care) what life event occurred which caused you to come back to this sub-forum after several months' absence, and go on this wild, abusive rant, wherein you keep starting new threads each day, and get more and more inappropriate with each post, but you need to stop. This is a public forum, there are rules. Also, one assumes that, as a BMW owner, you may have an ounce of self-awareness bouncing around somewhere, telling you that perhaps you shouldn't address anonymous people on a car forum in the same way you'd threaten your ex-wife right before you kill her.

What's more, you don't know me, but I can guarantee you that my education, professional status, and intellect are in the higher percentiles, perhaps better than you, perhaps not; but considering that you have difficulty putting together grammatically correct sentences and comprehending my posts, I'd guess it's the former.

Now, back to the topic. You continue to make the same errors in analysis. During Reagan's presidency, the debt nearly tripled, from $1T to almost $3T, yet it was "only" an increase of $2T. You need to look at percentages.

Of course Bush had 2 terms and Obama's not yet completed 1; we all know that, just as we know that it gets dark when the sun goes away. You don't need to yell obvious things to people. But here's where you fall down. Bush took office from a guy who left a budget surplus and a good economy. Now I'm not crediting Clinton with that, let's just say these things are wordwide and cyclical.

During Bush's 1st term, we were sliding down from that good economy, but we didn't hit recession until later in his 2nd term. So any measure of the rate of debt increase during that period would reflect that. Now on top of that, we have your problem, which is your failure to put things in proper perspective by using percentages. Today, I might see a weekly change in gasoline prices of 10 cents per gallon, no big deal, right? But back in the '60s, that would be earth-shattering.

Spending increases under the Obama administration are at the lowest rate in decades, look it up. You have your facts all convoluted. Yes, democrats also voted for TARP, but so did repubs, so just accept it and move on. Bush/Cheney lied to congress and the American people about the wars. Cheney said it'll be "6 days, 6 weeks, certainly not 6 months", and Bush outright lied about WMDs. But the real problem was that, as president, Bush would not ever end the wars, and congress was faced several times with the option of defunding it, but they could not allow the troops to suffer, nor face the political backlash.

Bush twice sent all Americans a piddly refund check, "vote for me, and I'll give you a hundred dollars". Well just like the wars, there was no funding for that in the budget. Bush also created the dept of Homeland security, a huge waste of money that should've helped protect the US, but isn't.

Regardless of whether Obama or McCain got elected, the pres was walking into a snowballing great recession, one that, among other things, would cause a revenue shortfall for the gov't. Add to that the 2 ongoing wars and a deficiency in tax rates, and you have the debt.

Obama ended the war in Iraq (admittedly following a planned timetable), and Afghanistan is drawing down. Both the US and world economy still have problems, but we've had years of positive GDP growth, the stock market is strong, jobs have been slowly but steadily recovering from the 10% unemployment peak, some of the biggest employers in the US are showing record profits, and the real estate market is starting to come back.

I credit Obama with a bit of this, but I believe much of it is cyclical, and in general I think that people politicize way too much. The fact that China is a major world producer is no suprise, it's a trend that started with the decline of the British empire.

In conclusion, mellow the f-k out man.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      07-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #48
cssnms
Brigadier General

Sniff, sniff,,, there's that smell again.
      07-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #49
cssnms
Brigadier General

Oh the hypocricy... Hey since we are highlighting quotes here's a few...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
What part of "he sucked as my Massachusetts governor" don't you understand? You may be acting like he's some new guy on the scene (which in itself is asinine, as he's been running for president since 2006), but I've known all about him for a long time. Try paying attention.

And is your head so far up your ass that you can't see the hypocrisy in your comments? "seems like a nice guy", "a life of much service to others", and "good looking family" is how many Americans describe Obama, yet I can produce, oh, let's say hundreds of posts, from you and others like you, who couldn't have been more venomous and frankly inhuman to the guy.

And how much crap has Obama gotten over his education, which is superlative by any measure? How 'bout his Christianity, or his family background? True, he's not the descendant of America-fleeing polygamists, but we can't all be perfect.

I can't imagine how much ignorance it takes for someone to shit on our guy for a half-dozen years, and then turn around and say "oh, you had better be nice to our guy, he's got good hair and a strong chin, and he comes from wealth". F- that.
Quote:
Well according to the real poll (Rasmussen), there's hardly been a time since the beginning of June when Obama's been ahead, so the only crap is your statement above.http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll
Quote:
Maybe lay-off the emoticons and look at what you're typing. And you don't seem to be getting the point; nobody gives two shits about your deluded take on personal experiences - let it go.

Obama's been president for 3.5 years, and he has a fairly consistent political stand, whereas Romney's a walking contradiction. Obviously, conservatives don't like Obama's political stand, which is their right. So why can't you just say you're voting for the other guy because you're a conservative, and leave it at that?
Quote:
Gee, you quoted his book from several years ago, where he was speaking about his childhood. Wow, this is breaking news! Get a life. You guys elected George W cokehead TWICE, who also created the debt we're in. Is there an IQ test to get a BMW?
Quote:
So does this count as one of hundreds of personal attacks against the guy, or do you have some miraculous qualifier for your depraved posts?

This may clarify why I'm asked to write proposals for government contractors as if I'm explaining things to a 7 year old.
Quote:
Do you understand percentages? It doubled under Bush, It's up less than 50% under Obama, Einstein. But the main point is the cause of the debt - 2 wars and 2 unfunded tax cuts, all Bush. And TARP, which was Bush. And the shortfall caused by the massive recession we just went through. Obama's stimulus constitutes a fraction of the debt, and most of It's been paid back. You need to find stupider people to debate with.
      07-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #50
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
This may clarify why I'm asked to write proposals for government contractors as if I'm explaining things to a 7 year old.
This is a truly curious statement, perhaps intended as an insult but since it doesn't make any sense, just curious.

Proposals normally go from the contractor to the government--in that case I understand - the government does indeed require simple documents tailored to the lowest common denominator in the government contracts office and on the source selection committee.

If you are saying you are writing proposal TO government contractors I would posit that you don't understand the process at a fundamental level.

Just sayin'...
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      07-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #51
rohms3
Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Both the US and world economy still have problems, but we've had years of positive GDP growth...
How about our debt-to-GDP ratio?

OH BUT WE HAVE POSITIVE GDP GROWTH! (aka inflation)
rohms3 is offline   United_States
      07-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #52
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Sniff, sniff,,, there's that smell again.
I'll go ahead and assume these non-responses are a tacit concession to my points.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      07-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #53
cssnms
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by smohr33 View Post
How about our debt-to-GDP ratio?

OH BUT WE HAVE POSITIVE GDP GROWTH! (aka inflation)
Those are just some silly charts, they mean nothing to the left wingers, not much unlike how much they spend. Do not expect a response with any sort of meaningful substance, just more deflection and someone's hairbrain excuses.
      07-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #54
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

Quote:
What's more, you don't know me, but I can guarantee you that my education, professional status, and intellect are in the higher percentiles, perhaps better than you, perhaps not; but considering that you have difficulty putting together grammatically correct sentences and comprehending my post, I'd guess it's the former.

Oh brother what an EGOTISTS
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)

Last edited by mspeasl; 07-13-2012 at 07:19 PM.
mspeasl is offline   United_States
      07-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #55
128vertinnoho
Private First Class

Drives: 2012 128iC

Quote:
I'll go ahead and assume these non-responses are a tacit concession to my points.
Yep.
128vertinnoho is offline   United_States
      07-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #56
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
^ Slurp it all up!