E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > *Official* Active Autowerke Flash Thread

07-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #991
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 2014 435I M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by critterracing View Post
2 questions please

I have an 09 328xi automatic. Motor has a slight ping at moderate throttle openings. If I'm just driving around really not to bad. It's when I a little past half throttle say it'll ping for a second or 2 and go away.

Tried all the gas stations here in north jersey and it all the same.

Last week I brought it into the dealer car has 25 k miles, told them the issue, got into my loaner and left. Next day sa tells me they replaced vanos and all exhaust lifter .

In my paper work it states custom complains of tapping noise at start up. Not at all what I told them. This is why I'd rather not take it to dealership. I know its stupid but I kinda feel violated that they opened my engine for no good reason.

Second questions is there a dealer of yours in jersey to do my tune?

Thanks
Aldo
No dealers in jersey at the moment, you can send us your ecu or purchase a simon.
      07-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #992
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielh1018 View Post
Andrew, will a gearbox EGS reprograming replace your ECU tuning ?

If at the dealer it most likely will be erased.
      07-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #993
Route 16
I got lei'd

Drives: '07 E90 328i

Andrew this morning was the first time I drove my friend's stock '07 E90 335i, the throttle response is non-comparable to my '07 E90 328i, can I get the same or better throttle response than the 335i with the stage 2 tune? HP doesn't matter just that foot pedal, thanks.
Route 16 is offline   Philippines
      07-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #994
tttaw

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

I have AA tune for 2 months and I have just upgraded my 325i Auto with 3 stage intake manifold. I feel hiccup when accelerating at around 3500 - 4200 RPM. Feels like the car hesitance for 3 hiccups before accelerating strongly again. Any one experience this issue?
      07-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #995
MaximusJ
Colonel

Drives: 325i 2006

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tttaw View Post
I have AA tune for 2 months and I have just upgraded my 325i Auto with 3 stage intake manifold. I feel hiccup when accelerating at around 3500 - 4200 RPM. Feels like the car hesitance for 3 hiccups before accelerating strongly again. Any one experience this issue?
Is your AA software the one for the 3 stage manifold?
MaximusJ is offline   Canada
      07-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #996
lsupwns
Private

Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

I actually do have a few questions. I have an automatic 2008 328xi and would like a good tuning job. I saw that you have Stage 2 tuning, how much would that be if I brought it in to a local shop? Also, is that just a 1-2 hour job or would I need to drop the car off? I'm new to modding the performance on my vehicle so if you would like to explain what tuning truly does, that would also be helpful. Thanks so much.
      07-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #997
Rotary Rocket
Private

Drives: 99 M3 USTCC

Andrew,

Have you done this tune for a race car? I might have to call you to discuss further.
      07-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #998
ska///235i
***** noob

Drives: M235i

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
Andrew said 325 already have all the maps and it's all the same tune...thats what he told me
ska///235i is offline   United_States
      07-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #999
woodpecka
Captain

Drives: E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi
Quote:
Andrew said 325 already have all the maps and it's all the same tune...thats what he told me
I have been told the opposite, you have to specify if you want the version with the 3 stages.
woodpecka is offline   Canada
      07-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #1000
ska///235i
***** noob

Drives: M235i

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Andrew...can you elaborate?
ska///235i is offline   United_States
      07-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #1001
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Andrew this morning was the first time I drove my friend's stock '07 E90 335i, the throttle response is non-comparable to my '07 E90 328i, can I get the same or better throttle response than the 335i with the stage 2 tune? HP doesn't matter just that foot pedal, thanks.
Yes we can adjust it to what ever you like but our default setting seems to be just perfect.
      07-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #1002
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke

All of our tunes include 3 stage intake manifold software. No need to retune
      07-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #1003
Route 16
I got lei'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Yes we can adjust it to what ever you like but our default setting seems to be just perfect.
Better throttle response then the 335? I like that.
      07-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #1004
tttaw

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Yes it is. The car feels wonderful and infact I like this version of the tune alot. The hesitation at gear 4 at around 4000 is there but it is very mild and only when on D/DS. On M mode, I can overcome that by downshifting to gear 3 and then accelerate.

The hesitation/hiccup only when did a medium (half way) or hard (floor) acceleration while the car run at around 40miles/h. It did not happened when I accelerate steadily.
      07-20-2012, 03:13 AM   #1005
Route 16
I got lei'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttaw View Post
Yes it is. The car feels wonderful and infact I like this version of the tune alot. The hesitation at gear 4 at around 4000 is there but it is very mild and only when on D/DS. On M mode, I can overcome that by downshifting to gear 3 and then accelerate.

The hesitation/hiccup only when did a medium (half way) or hard (floor) acceleration while the car run at around 40miles/h. It did not happened when I accelerate steadily.
Post a video of that hesitation. And anyone else too.
      07-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #1006
drumsnspace

Drives: '09 TiAg 328i Sedan

i just would like to give my praise to the folks at AA for providing the E9x community with an absolutely KILLER mod. first few miles were admittedly pretty disappointing, throttle response felt WORSE in fact. felt like stepping in mashed potatoes with an equal amount of response. i told myself i'd give the car some time to adjust before calling the shop and demanding a refund and all the sudden it just got soooo good! i was shocked at the difference in made. DS mode pulls so hard now! its rekindled my love for driving and i'm dying to get out to some lesser traveled backroads to test the newly pushed limits of my 328i! a few questions/ concerns i have:

1) Would an ECU update/ reflash from the dealership come up in a maintenance report of the visit? how would we know for sure if it was flashed otherwise? don't wanna lose this tune and pay for it again!

2) Is it possible to request them not to update the ECU if its not entirely necessary? Will they become suspicious of tuning modifications if I begin to request such a thing or inquire about ECU updates?

3) So from my understanding the AA tune is able to accommodate minor post-tune upgrades like the PE and PI?

again, just wanna give a bit of applause to AA for this marvelous product and i'd say its 5 bills well spent!
      07-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #1007
Route 16
I got lei'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumsnspace View Post
i just would like to give my praise to the folks at AA for providing the E9x community with an absolutely KILLER mod. first few miles were admittedly pretty disappointing, throttle response felt WORSE in fact. felt like stepping in mashed potatoes with an equal amount of response. i told myself i'd give the car some time to adjust before calling the shop and demanding a refund and all the sudden it just got soooo good! i was shocked at the difference in made. DS mode pulls so hard now! its rekindled my love for driving and i'm dying to get out to some lesser traveled backroads to test the newly pushed limits of my 328i! a few questions/ concerns i have:

1) Would an ECU update/ reflash from the dealership come up in a maintenance report of the visit? how would we know for sure if it was flashed otherwise? don't wanna lose this tune and pay for it again!

2) Is it possible to request them not to update the ECU if its not entirely necessary? Will they become suspicious of tuning modifications if I begin to request such a thing or inquire about ECU updates?

3) So from my understanding the AA tune is able to accommodate minor post-tune upgrades like the PE and PI?

again, just wanna give a bit of applause to AA for this marvelous product and i'd say its 5 bills well spent!
If you go in for maintenance you're ok.
If they update your ECU, it'll be reflashed.
Buy the Simon Tool before you go dealership just in case so you can flash your back up again or you can flash back to stock at home, then AA flash when you're done.
Better to get PE and PI before flash but you should be ok if you didn't do it in that order.
Do some video pulls!
      07-22-2012, 04:33 AM   #1008
drumsnspace

Quote:
If you go in for maintenance you're ok.
If they update your ECU, it'll be reflashed.
Buy the Simon Tool before you go dealership just in case so you can flash your back up again or you can flash back to stock at home, then AA flash when you're done.
Better to get PE and PI before flash but you should be ok if you didn't do it in that order.
Do some video pulls!
yeah, what my concern is, how will i know if they update the ECU? i would buy the Simon but i just can't afford it right now, considering the fact the tune itself was a fairly large investment for me and i have other expenses (also a photographer) i'm also unsure if i can buy the tool just by itself and still be able to reload my current tune on it. i would've gotten the PE and PI first but i heard how this is the best bang for the buck and it was my first mod so now i've got the modding bug. plus from what i hear the exhaust doesn't add much, i'm really looking for a better sound honestly. i'd do videos but they don't show much, its mostly in the butt dyno and charts!
      07-22-2012, 05:12 AM   #1009
Route 16
I got lei'd

Quote:
yeah, what my concern is, how will i know if they update the ECU? i would buy the Simon but i just can't afford it right now, considering the fact the tune itself was a fairly large investment for me and i have other expenses (also a photographer) i'm also unsure if i can buy the tool just by itself and still be able to reload my current tune on it. i would've gotten the PE and PI first but i heard how this is the best bang for the buck and it was my first mod so now i've got the modding bug. plus from what i hear the exhaust doesn't add much, i'm really looking for a better sound honestly. i'd do videos but they don't show much, its mostly in the butt dyno and charts!
Just ask them if theyll be updating the ECU, if you don't want an update tell them. IMO straight pipe exhaust, delete the 2nd cats, resonator, muffler, don't worry about the intake. Simon saves your tune.
      07-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #1010
drumsnspace

Quote:
Just ask them if theyll be updating the ECU, if you don't want an update tell them. IMO straight pipe exhaust, delete the 2nd cats, resonator, muffler, don't worry about the intake. Simon saves your tune.
how much would an exhaust like that be going for compared to the PE (which i love the sound of)? also i live in CA where the emissions testing is pretty strict. would i run into issues with all that, i see you're in the bay area... and thanks for the help!
      07-23-2012, 12:13 AM   #1011
Route 16
I got lei'd

Quote:
how much would an exhaust like that be going for compared to the PE (which i love the sound of)? also i live in CA where the emissions testing is pretty strict. would i run into issues with all that, i see you're in the bay area... and thanks for the help!
Just tell the local muffler shop to chop those off and replace with same size piping, maybe cost $150 for the cuts and welds. This is what it could sound like maybe.
www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694465
www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661826
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608932
      07-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #1012
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke

Quote:

1. They will not find it unless they specifically are looking for it. (only a couple techs have access to these type of tools.)

2.I usually tell customers to tell the SA that you love the way the car drives and you would like them to note not to flash the car without telling you first.

3. The Ecu will handle all small changes it is very fast and very advanced.