E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Hey, Liberals: Obama said small business owners didn't build their own businesses!

07-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #45
txz4
Major

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
I'm trying to incite him.

As far as Obama's speech, it's really as simple as I explained. His point is that all of us, including business owners, use and benefit from the gov't services that our taxes pay for. He is NOT saying that others are responsible for your success, or that you're not smart or hard working.
"they know they didn't ah ah. Look, if you've been successful, you didn't, you didn't get there on your own."- President Obama.

President Obama disagrees with your evaluation of his speech.

If you have been successful you NECESSARILY did not get there on your own. Someone else is responsible at least in part.-translated version. So yes, he is exactly saying someone else is responsible for my success.
      07-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #46
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
Comrade Scotch
OK, knock off this shit and grow-up. I've contributed more to all of your freedom than most of you have.

Quote:
outsouring is a legitimate concern for many of us who dont have jobs working on systems for F16's, thus making it almost impossible to transfer overseas for a variety of security reasons, regardless of cost effective it might be to do so.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more it explains a lot of things... if everyone was suckling at Uncle Sams teat (albeit indirectly at a Military contractor), then everyone might probably be a big fan of Obama's Gov before Business approach too, especially if their work would be almost impossible to ship outside the country.

The wealthy folks who own your engineering firm probably CANT ship your job elsewhere no matter how badly Obama taxes them. They'll just raise prices, and since the main market for F-16's is not subject to the same normal market conditions as most goods, they dont have to compete against cheaper, Chinese-made F-16's from Walmart down the road. Isolation from the very harsh realities of an open global marketplace can certainly impair one's ability to see the real danger of making an environment not business-friendly.
Again with the F-16's! We're talking about Obama saying that gov't uses our taxes to provide roads, that's it. Save your outsourcing diatribe for one of the other 50 threads.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      07-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #47
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
"they know they didn't ah ah. Look, if you've been successful, you didn't, you didn't get there on your own."- President Obama.

President Obama disagrees with your evaluation of his speech.

If you have been successful you NECESSARILY did not get there on your own. Someone else is responsible at least in part.-translated version. So yes, he is exactly saying someone else is responsible for my success.
- You are not responsible for your success.
-You are not solely responsible for your success.

Can you tell the difference between these two sentences? My god, this is preschool level stuff.

Oh, and I'd knockoff the mocking of Obama's diction, seeing as you can't make one grammatically correct post.
      07-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #48
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:

Can you tell the difference between these two sentences? My god, this is preschool level stuff.

Oh, and I'd knockoff the mocking of Obama's diction, seeing as you can't make one grammatically correct post.
Ah crap, you edited your spelling of 'grammatically' right before I could go for the gold.
      07-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #49
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
Ah crap, you edited your spelling of 'grammatically' right before I could go for the gold.
Sorry to piss on your shrub.
      07-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #50
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Sorry to piss on your shrub.
That's alright, there's always the trickle-down effect
      07-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #51
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:

Shouldn't it be "knock off"?

Just being helpful, this spelling/grammar/syntax checking thing looks like fun!
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      07-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #52
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
I'm not sure why you're making the comparison, but you're comparing cssnms's non-response to my posts, with my sarcastic "yes, I know that gov't spending comes from our taxes".
No real reason, just caught me in a mood I guess...

To me, sarcasm is a non-response as well, but no matter.

I don't really care either way, I just think you're falling into the trap of being trolled by these guys again.
      07-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #53
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

Drives: M3

Quote:
OK, knock off this shit and grow-up. I've contributed more to all of your freedom than most of you have.

Again with the F-16's! We're talking about Obama saying that gov't uses our taxes to provide roads, that's it. Save your outsourcing diatribe for one of the other 50 threads.
Grow up? Considering the number of juvenile names that you have called people on these boards over and over again, you are hardly coming from any superior ground to admonish others. If you want to dish it out, you really have to be able to take it, and anyone who has read these threads knows, you've certainly been dishing it out. People who flat out admit that their posts are intended to incite others, as you did earlier today, really have no position to dictate what constitues decorum.

Once again, not actually addressing or refuting the point I have made. Deflect, misdirect, distract, but dont address. The whole danger of outsourcing is as germane to this discussion as anything else I've read.
If you have a point that suggests the risks of outsourcing are not real, or that they do not increase when you increase fiscal hurdles to those who provide jobs, I'm happy to hear it, even if it comes laced with the usual degree of name-calling. If you are right, wouldnt it be easy to tear me a new one with irrefutable logic? You seem like the kind of person who would enjoy that. Telling me to take my points elsewhere can't be nearly as satisfying.

I guess I hit close to home there. I kinda figured as much when you mentioned that your firm was actually hiring people during the worst of this huge economic downturn. You are aware that other have suffered, but since your firm has been spared, you really can't appreciate the gravity of the situation.
      07-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #54
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post

I don't really care either way, I just think you're falling into the trap of being trolled by these guys again.
So you've noticed that too, huh?

When he earlier threatened to leave and stop posting here, I knew it was an empty promise...

Defending Obama has become almost a pavlovian response, anyone rings a bell, and he can't help but start salivating, no matter how hard he tries not to.
      07-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #55
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
So you've noticed that too, huh?

When he earlier threatened to leave and stop posting here, I knew it was an empty promise...

Defending Obama has become almost a pavlovian response, anyone rings a bell, and he can't help but start salivating, no matter how hard he tries not to.
Some people here are capable of a civilized debate, but not very many. That's why I don't even bother. It's not worth getting frustrated over, and I have other, much more important things to do with my time.
      07-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #56
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Some people here are capable of a civilized debate, but not very many. That's why I don't even bother. It's not worth getting frustrated over, and I have other, much more important things to do with my time.
I know, you are right. It is sad though. I came here hoping to learn something new, perhaps evolve and refine my position on things. If folks agree, fine, but that's not why I post, I'm not that emotionally needy that the affirmation of random anonymous strangers is something I covet. If you disagree with me in a civilized manner, that even better than agreeing! I'm happy to be proven wrong, if you have facts. That means I've learned something.

When juvenile name-calling and misdirection becomes the default substitute for a proper rebuttal, it's all really quite disappointing. Hardly advances the discussion; hell, if I wanted that, I could go talk to the 14 year old kid next door. I naively assumed that being on a BMW forum might increase my chance of interacting with folks with above average education, income and intelligence, given how expensive the cars are. *sigh* perhaps my expectations were simply too high.
      07-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #57
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
I guess I hit close to home there. I kinda figured as much when you mentioned that your firm was actually hiring people during the worst of this huge economic downturn. You are aware that other have suffered, but since your firm has been spared, you really can't appreciate the gravity of the situation.
You couldn't be more clueless. In 30 years with my "firm", I've been through every situation possible. What a patronizing fool.

Last edited by ScotchAndCigar; 07-19-2012 at 05:19 PM.
      07-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #58
cssnms
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
What's "debat"?

Look, if you'd rather call me names and make implied farting sounds instead of actually addressing my posts, go ahead, loser. But you're not fooling anyone by running away from me and just starting more threads, you scared little neocon.
Oh look who crawled out from under a log to nit-pick spelling... I missed the "e" okay you got me! I was trying to type on my black berry while sitting in traffic you mindless lemming. If that is some kind of effort to show your intelligence you've missed the mark; you undermine your efforts with every post.

Life is good, you should get one!
cssnms is offline   United_States
      07-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #59
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
I know, you are right. It is sad though. I came here hoping to learn something new, perhaps evolve and refine my position on things. If folks agree, fine, but that's not why I post, I'm not that emotionally needy that the affirmation of random anonymous strangers is something I covet. If you disagree with me in a civilized manner, that even better than agreeing! I'm happy to be proven wrong, if you have facts. That means I've learned something.

When juvenile name-calling and misdirection becomes the default substitute for a proper rebuttal, it's all really quite disappointing. Hardly advances the discussion; hell, if I wanted that, I could go talk to the 14 year old kid next door. I naively assumed that being on a BMW forum might increase my chance of interacting with folks with above average education, income and intelligence, given how expensive the cars are. *sigh* perhaps my expectations were simply too high.
What a phoney you are. The only time you bother posting here is when your guys are getting beaten up, and you get in the middle of someone else's discussion.

And talk about Pavlovian, count how many threads I've started. Zero. And 95% of the threads are Obama bashing. Try sticking to the topic, and leaving your observations to yourself
      07-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #60
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Life is good, you should get one!
Start another thread, fool.
      07-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #61
txz4
Major

Quote:

And in a surprise twist comrade scotch, joining the one, and coming to the rescue to refute his own post

"He is NOT saying that others are responsible for your success" -scotch

I specifically said someone else is responsible at least in part according to Obama. Perhaps if you spent more time comprehending and less time nit picking spelling and grammar on a forum you would come up with some sort of argument worth the space. Furthermore something that you know, is based on what i said.

I wasn't insulting Obama's grammar. Whenever Obama stutters its almost always something that he doesn't want to say or something he knows he shouldn't say.
      07-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #62
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
So yes, he is exactly saying someone else is responsible for my success.
Can you see the difference?
      07-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #63
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Whenever Obama stutters its almost always something that he doesn't want to say or something he knows he shouldn't say.
And you know this for a fact because.........
Or, could this be yet another one of your bullshit "conclusions"?
      07-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #64
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Someone else is responsible at least in part.-translated version. So yes, he is exactly saying someone else is responsible for my success.
Actually, he never uses the word "responsible", never says "someone else is responsible..." or "you're not responsible". What he said was, "somewhere along the line, you had help". Yeah, that's real controversial. Ooooohhh, look out!
      07-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #65
txz4
Major

Quote:
Actually, he never uses the word "responsible", never says "someone else is responsible..." or "you're not responsible". What he said was, "somewhere along the line, you had help". Yeah, that's real controversial. Ooooohhh, look out!
....Lets spell it out for you. If you have been successful you MUST have had help at some point according to Obama. therefore, you cannot be successful without help. Thus you having help is the reason you are successful, all things being equal. I never said he used the word responsible, i said "-translated version."

You're grasping at straws in all of this thread. Give up already please. Its hard to watch you fail over and over.
      07-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #66
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

Quote:
Talk about Pavlovian, count how many threads I've started. Zero. And 95% of the threads are Obama bashing.
Then why don't you start a positive thread about Mr O and break that cycle of none contribitution. Or is there nothing positive..?
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
mspeasl is offline   United_States