E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Upcoming NorthEast track events



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #111
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
TSM330i's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
3,134
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester Springs, PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM1 View Post
Signed up for Limerock on 7/31. This is a 1pm-6pm solo event
Fantastic! Lime Rock is a great track. I did a one day event in April with CCA. By the end of the day, I ended up running a 1:07 and wasn't lifting at all for the last turn.
Yes, at this point I need more HP!!! About 280hp just isn't doing it anymore.
__________________
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #112
turugara
Major
turugara's Avatar
21
Rep
1,307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
Yes, at this point I need more HP!!! About 280hp just isn't doing it anymore.
Easy. Just swap.

Found it for you too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-NOS-GM-...#ht_500wt_1378
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #113
mid-corner fun
Major
United_States
15
Rep
1,418
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NE

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
Fantastic! Lime Rock is a great track. I did a one day event in April with CCA. By the end of the day, I ended up running a 1:07 and wasn't lifting at all for the last turn.
Yes, at this point I need more HP!!! About 280hp just isn't doing it anymore.
If I don't lift at the last turn I'll end up 20 feet past the fence...you definitely need more power :-) My goal at that track is to increase my air time at the uphill, which apparently is detrimental to lap times...
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #114
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
TSM330i's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
3,134
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester Springs, PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM1 View Post
If I don't lift at the last turn I'll end up 20 feet past the fence...you definitely need more power :-) My goal at that track is to increase my air time at the uphill, which apparently is detrimental to lap times...
Them Duke Boys would be proud!
__________________
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #115
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
TSM330i's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
3,134
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester Springs, PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turugara View Post
Easy. Just swap.

Found it for you too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-NOS-GM-...#ht_500wt_1378
Enjoy!
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...play.php?f=208
__________________
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #116
turugara
Major
turugara's Avatar
21
Rep
1,307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
There goes my next five hours of productivity....
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #117
E90 87ss
Lieutenant
E90 87ss's Avatar
6
Rep
554
Posts

 
Drives: 325i, W212 AMG
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ/Philly

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turugara View Post
Easy. Just swap.

Found it for you too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-NOS-GM-...#ht_500wt_1378
Stepping back in time!!!

-----------------------------------------------

Anyways... I was too lazy to snap more pictures... sorry Steve.

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #118
CJ421
Brigadier General
CJ421's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,263
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Great pic Justin!

Dubbedown I'll see you next weekend, looks like we're the only two. I'm heading down Friday afternoon/evening. I just got my car inspected at VAC and had an intercooler and Michelin PSS installed. I'm excited.
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #119
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,617
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
Great pic Justin!

Dubbedown I'll see you next weekend, looks like we're the only two. I'm heading down Friday afternoon/evening. I just got my car inspected at VAC and had an intercooler and Michelin PSS installed. I'm excited.
Sounds good... I'm going to be following the weather each day, and decide whether or not take off the RS3's and throw on the Star Specs. Last I checked, T-storms all week but sunny/dry for the weekend.

I wonder how the HPDE groups will be organized...

3 groups: beg/interm/adv
2 groups: beg + interm 1 / interm 2 + adv
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #120
turugara
Major
turugara's Avatar
21
Rep
1,307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Awesome pic justin! It's aight. I got some good vid.

@Dubbedown: How are you liking the RS3's? What are you running for pressures cold/hot? I've been going 28 cold and 38 hot. I feel like the car feels very well balanced until ~10 mins in and then all sorts of shenanigans happen when the tires get too hot with understeer and oversteer happening randomly.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #121
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,617
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by turugara View Post
Awesome pic justin! It's aight. I got some good vid.

@Dubbedown: How are you liking the RS3's? What are you running for pressures cold/hot? I've been going 28 cold and 38 hot. I feel like the car feels very well balanced until ~10 mins in and then all sorts of shenanigans happen when the tires get too hot with understeer and oversteer happening randomly.
I've only used them for 2 days, both at Lightning and started at 30 cold and got to 40 hot, car felt great. Sessions were decently long, about 30mins each but tires never got greasy. But given the difference in weight of our cars, I'd imagine what's optimal for me may not necessarily be the case for you.
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #122
mid-corner fun
Major
United_States
15
Rep
1,418
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NE

iTrader: (4)

Can't comment on the RS3s but I've been running both the NT01s and StarSpecs at 36 hot and they seem to like that, I can usually do 15mins easy before the tires get greasy. Beyond that it's ice skating time. I start with lower cold temps on the left side assuming a mostly right-turns track.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #123
Splinterz88
First Lieutenant
Splinterz88's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
382
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [4.31]
Rtr Sp 8/16 & 8/17

Last edited by Splinterz88; 07-24-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #124
CJ421
Brigadier General
CJ421's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,263
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
Sounds good... I'm going to be following the weather each day, and decide whether or not take off the RS3's and throw on the Star Specs. Last I checked, T-storms all week but sunny/dry for the weekend.

I wonder how the HPDE groups will be organized...

3 groups: beg/interm/adv
2 groups: beg + interm 1 / interm 2 + adv
I just checked and it looks like 90*F on Saturday and humid; 40% chance of precip. Sunday looks better, 81*F, still humid, but 20% chance of precip.

I think I'm going to head out around 2-3 pm tomorrow. If you want to meet up for dinner or something, that'd be cool.

Edit: I just realized you changed your forum name ... I was like who did I just quote!?
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #125
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,617
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
I just checked and it looks like 90*F on Saturday and humid; 40% chance of precip. Sunday looks better, 81*F, still humid, but 20% chance of precip.

I think I'm going to head out around 2-3 pm tomorrow. If you want to meet up for dinner or something, that'd be cool.

Edit: I just realized you changed your forum name ... I was like who did I just quote!?
Ha yea figured I'd change things up!

Unfortunately I'll be getting down there really late, probably leaving northern Jersey around 7pm :T

Hmm, 40%.... to switch or not to switch tires...
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #126
CJ421
Brigadier General
CJ421's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,263
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
I just made it down here and it was a nice drive indeed - no traffic and quite relaxing with the scenery! I started to break in my Pilot Super Sports ... sort of. I have 180 miles on them now.

Tomorrows forecast, 86*F, 40% chance of precip, insane 83% humidity ...

Cya @ tech.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
Ha yea figured I'd change things up!

Unfortunately I'll be getting down there really late, probably leaving northern Jersey around 7pm :T

Hmm, 40%.... to switch or not to switch tires...
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #127
turugara
Major
turugara's Avatar
21
Rep
1,307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Have fun guys! Be safe.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #128
CJ421
Brigadier General
CJ421's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,263
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
I really had a blast. Summit Point is an awesome track.

Next up, Aug 24-26 @ Lightning w/ Del Val CCA. There were 12 spots left this morning so if you're going to sign up, do it ASAP.
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #129
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,617
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
I really had a blast. Summit Point is an awesome track.

Next up, Aug 24-26 @ Lightning w/ Del Val CCA. There were 12 spots left this morning so if you're going to sign up, do it ASAP.
I'll see you there as well. Recorded four sessions and didn't see you once!

F430 Scud honors the CCA, needless to say CJ and I had our targets set on her, ha!


last session, e36 nearly loses back end in turn 5, e46 understeers heading into turn 1
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #130
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
TSM330i's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
3,134
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester Springs, PA

iTrader: (2)

DSC: Great vids!
It's funny, when you take a left hand turn, your key chain swings out and just hangs there
__________________
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #131
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,617
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
DSC: Great vids!
It's funny, when you take a left hand turn, your key chain swings out and just hangs there
Thanks, the one thing I need to work on is stop being lazy and shift directly from 5th to 3rd when coming off the straight. I'll work on that next time.

Just checked the main page and see a bunch of you guys signed up for 8/24-26 at NJMP, should be fun!
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #132
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
TSM330i's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
3,134
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester Springs, PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
Thanks, the one thing I need to work on is stop being lazy and shift directly from 5th to 3rd when coming off the straight. I'll work on that next time.

Just checked the main page and see a bunch of you guys signed up for 8/24-26 at NJMP, should be fun!
Cool! Yes, we're going to have quite a few of us at the NJMP event in August, possibly more.
__________________
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST