E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > E9X Road Trip Thread :)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
notan///m
definitely two turbos.
 
notan///m's Avatar
 
Drives: almost an ///M
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,854
iTrader: (4)

E9X Road Trip Thread :)

Title says it all... share your memorable road trip experiences with us. Don't forget the pics, and the funnier the better!!

Here are a few of mine.

The photo below was taken in a friend's 320i when I visited Trinidad last year. This is in the mountainous part of the North Coast loop... the roads are barely wider than the car, and there are many switchbacks, and steep ascents/descents. Not to mention the scenery and wildlife that accompanies the drive



Here's another taken in a tunnel in a 320d, driving north along Lake Como toward Stelvio Pass. One of my fav. Euro road trips to date!



...and then Stelvio (southern section of the pass).

__________________
CCA Member

Last edited by notan///m; 07-31-2012 at 11:47 AM.
notan///m is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,145
iTrader: (2)

That third pic is awesome. Unfortunately we can't really have scenic road-trips down here in FL
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
notan///m
definitely two turbos.
 
notan///m's Avatar
 
Drives: almost an ///M
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,854
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
That third pic is awesome. Unfortunately we can't really have scenic road-trips down here in FL
Thanks sir!
Doesn't matter the stretch of road... the story can make the pics too
__________________
CCA Member
notan///m is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

Posts: 11,038
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
nice pictures
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
just4kickz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
apc3libras
Lieutenant Colonel
 
apc3libras's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UTAH

Posts: 1,688
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [2.00]
On the way back home from Las Vegas a couple weeks ago we drove through Zions National Park. Great roads, beautiful scenery and perfect weather. We've driven through before but it was a lot more fun in the Bimmer this time. Pics are from iPhone, and I'm no photographer. I also took some video but need to get a GoPro with a good mount for better quality.
Attached Images
     
__________________
2007 BMW 328I Monaco Blue /// 1999 BMW M3 Titanium Silver /// 2007 BMW 328I Sparkling Graphite (sold)

Last edited by apc3libras; 07-30-2012 at 03:18 PM.
apc3libras is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
RicheyBMW
Lieutenant
 
RicheyBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 328i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philly

Posts: 523
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [4.17]
Nice scenery. Would be nice to see your cars in the picture though.
RicheyBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #7
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

Ive only done one road trip but it was quite the trip.

Bought my car in Los Angeles.. drove to home to New Orleans in less than 48 hours all by myself..

Los Angeles to San Antonio 22.5 hrs straight driving. Slept 4 hrs ..San Antonio- New Orleans 8 hrs.
Attached Images
     
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
notan///m
definitely two turbos.
 
notan///m's Avatar
 
Drives: almost an ///M
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,854
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicheyBMW View Post
Nice scenery. Would be nice to see your cars in the picture though.
haha, true dat. He got the shark fin in one of them though, so it's legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusiast View Post
On the way back home from Las Vegas a couple weeks ago we drove through Zions National Park. Great roads, beautiful scenery and perfect weather. We've driven through before but it was a lot more fun in the Bimmer this time. Pics are from iPhone, and I'm no photographer. I also took some video but need to get a GoPro with a good mount for better quality.
sweet pics!! Always loved those red rock formations (I'm also a geologist by profession, so go figure ). My one and only drive among them was for a Phoenix - Grand Canyon drive through Sedona. Everything about it was stunning! Never came up to Utah though (one day).
__________________
CCA Member

Last edited by notan///m; 07-30-2012 at 04:28 PM.
notan///m is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
notan///m
definitely two turbos.
 
notan///m's Avatar
 
Drives: almost an ///M
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,854
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Ive only done one road trip but it was quite the trip.

Bought my car in Los Angeles.. drove to home to New Orleans in less than 48 hours all by myself..

Los Angeles to San Antonio 22.5 hrs straight driving. Slept 4 hrs ..San Antonio- New Orleans 8 hrs.
WOW... that's quite the trek!! and great scenery too!! How'd you manage to pull all those hours solo? I guess a brand new car can do that to ya!

My longest solo drive was from Durango to Austin last Fall, but I was given strict instructions to overnight in El Paso There was relatively little to see on the road once I hit Albuquerque... not to mention all of west TX. At least you can (legally) do 85 mph on I-10
__________________
CCA Member
notan///m is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #10
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3RI35 View Post
WOW... that's quite the trek!! and great scenery too!! How'd you manage to pull all those hours solo? I guess a brand new car can do that to ya!

My longest solo drive was from Durango to Austin last Fall, but I was given strict instructions to overnight in El Paso There was absolutely nothing to see on the road once I hit Albuquerque... not to mention all of west TX. At least you can (legally) do 85 mph on I-10
My buddy Yodaime was supposed to be my co pilot but mister 144mph in a 70 had traffic court the day I flew out and I had to go solo. It was the most awful experience once I hit Texas. I woke up early and left L.A. at 6am (still in my pj shorts and a tank top) It was an amazing fun drive until I hit border patrol just beyond El Paso. Keep in mind I had bleach blonde hair, a hot pink Victorias Secret tank top in a 1 day old BMW and they were questioning if I was an American. That took forever. By then it was night fall and I was just starting to enter the Texas desert after 17 hours of driving and still had about 6 more hours to go. I was beyond tired. NO LIGHTS on the roads and DEER everywhere. I had to slow from 85mph to about 30-40mph because these stupid deer were just in the roads everywhere. If I hit one I could easily total my car where no one would find me or kill myself. My client advisor kept calling me every few hours to make sure I was awake and alive. I nearly fell asleep at the wheel twice. I had as much redbull in my system in one night than one person does probably in a month. I cried twice out of frustration and exhaustion. I hit a racoon. lol..it was not fun in that desert whatsoever. When I finally pulled into my driveway in Louisiana.... I felt like I just won the olympics. I dont know anyone personally that can say they drove for that long straight with no co pilot. So it made me feel amazing that I did it.
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #11
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
 
sammy_0559's Avatar
 
Drives: e93 2008 Montego Metallic 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FortWorth, Texas

Posts: 1,944
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [1.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
My buddy Yodaime was supposed to be my co pilot but mister 144mph in a 70 had traffic court the day I flew out and I had to go solo. It was the most awful experience once I hit Texas. I woke up early and left L.A. at 6am (still in my pj shorts and a tank top) It was an amazing fun drive until I hit border patrol just beyond El Paso. Keep in mind I had bleach blonde hair, a hot pink Victorias Secret tank top in a 1 day old BMW and they were questioning if I was an American. That took forever. By then it was night fall and I was just starting to enter the Texas desert after 17 hours of driving and still had about 6 more hours to go. I was beyond tired. NO LIGHTS on the roads and DEER everywhere. I had to slow from 85mph to about 30-40mph because these stupid deer were just in the roads everywhere. If I hit one I could easily total my car where no one would find me or kill myself. My client advisor kept calling me every few hours to make sure I was awake and alive. I nearly fell asleep at the wheel twice. I had as much redbull in my system in one night than one person does probably in a month. I cried twice out of frustration and exhaustion. I hit a racoon. lol..it was not fun in that desert whatsoever. When I finally pulled into my driveway in Louisiana.... I felt like I just won the olympics. I dont know anyone personally that can say they drove for that long straight with no co pilot. So it made me feel amazing that I did it.
Good job Yodaime look at what you've done^ LOL

yay for killing a raccoon in texas!
sammy_0559 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #12
apc3libras
Lieutenant Colonel
 
apc3libras's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UTAH

Posts: 1,688
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [2.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
My buddy Yodaime was supposed to be my co pilot but mister 144mph in a 70 had traffic court the day I flew out and I had to go solo. It was the most awful experience once I hit Texas. I woke up early and left L.A. at 6am (still in my pj shorts and a tank top) It was an amazing fun drive until I hit border patrol just beyond El Paso. Keep in mind I had bleach blonde hair, a hot pink Victorias Secret tank top in a 1 day old BMW and they were questioning if I was an American. That took forever. By then it was night fall and I was just starting to enter the Texas desert after 17 hours of driving and still had about 6 more hours to go. I was beyond tired. NO LIGHTS on the roads and DEER everywhere. I had to slow from 85mph to about 30-40mph because these stupid deer were just in the roads everywhere. If I hit one I could easily total my car where no one would find me or kill myself. My client advisor kept calling me every few hours to make sure I was awake and alive. I nearly fell asleep at the wheel twice. I had as much redbull in my system in one night than one person does probably in a month. I cried twice out of frustration and exhaustion. I hit a racoon. lol..it was not fun in that desert whatsoever. When I finally pulled into my driveway in Louisiana.... I felt like I just won the olympics. I dont know anyone personally that can say they drove for that long straight with no co pilot. So it made me feel amazing that I did it.
That's quite the story.
__________________
2007 BMW 328I Monaco Blue /// 1999 BMW M3 Titanium Silver /// 2007 BMW 328I Sparkling Graphite (sold)
apc3libras is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #13
notan///m
definitely two turbos.
 
notan///m's Avatar
 
Drives: almost an ///M
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,854
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
Good job Yodaime look at what you've done^ LOL

yay for killing a raccoon in texas!

haha, right?! Not cool Yodaime... not cool at all.

I'd believe it just for the length of the post... olympic medals all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
It was an amazing fun drive until I hit border patrol just beyond El Paso. Keep in mind I had bleach blonde hair, a hot pink Victorias Secret tank top in a 1 day old BMW and they were questioning if I was an American. That took forever..


...and +1 abt those border patrol stations, although I've never had a problem every time I passed through. Maybe they were just doing what lonely guys in check stations in the middle of the desert do... which I wouldn't find hard to believe!
__________________
CCA Member
notan///m is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #14
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
Good job Yodaime look at what you've done^ LOL

yay for killing a raccoon in texas!
I made him wash my car as soon as I got home. He was waiting for me lol.
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #15
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
 
sammy_0559's Avatar
 
Drives: e93 2008 Montego Metallic 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FortWorth, Texas

Posts: 1,944
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [1.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I made him wash my car as soon as I got home. He was waiting for me lol.
Awh poor guy!
sammy_0559 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #16
bucket328
Lieutenant
 
bucket328's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 328i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burlington CAN

Posts: 493
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Here's a few pics from last year when me and my friends made a pit stop at tail of the dragon.

One night while a little drunk I thought it would be a good idea to decorate my car.....
Attached Images
  
__________________
07 328i
bucket328 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #17
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
 
kdbryce's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Albany, NY

Posts: 4,143
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucket328 View Post
Here's a few pics from last year when me and my friends made a pit stop at tail of the dragon.

One night while a little drunk I thought it would be a good idea to decorate my car.....
hahahahhahahah



this is going to be the best thread
__________________
13 Black Sapphire e92 335i - 10 Le Mans Blue e92 335i - 09 Monaco Blue e92 328i xdrive - 07 Sparkling Graphite e92 328xi
kdbryce is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #18
RicheyBMW
Lieutenant
 
RicheyBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 328i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philly

Posts: 523
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [4.17]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucket328 View Post
Here's a few pics from last year when me and my friends made a pit stop at tail of the dragon.

One night while a little drunk I thought it would be a good idea to decorate my car.....
Did you get any flashes? lol.
RicheyBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #19
notan///m
definitely two turbos.
 
notan///m's Avatar
 
Drives: almost an ///M
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,854
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucket328 View Post
Here's a few pics from last year when me and my friends made a pit stop at tail of the dragon.

One night while a little drunk I thought it would be a good idea to decorate my car.....
this is hilarious!! Good thing the rozzers weren't out that day! ...or were they?
__________________
CCA Member
notan///m is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #20
bucket328
Lieutenant
 
bucket328's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 328i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burlington CAN

Posts: 493
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3RI35 View Post
this is hilarious!! Good thing the rozzers weren't out that day! ...or were they?
They where :P but on those roads we managed to dog em.
__________________
07 328i
bucket328 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #21
turugara
Major
 
turugara's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,302
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Might not have driven an E9x but it was an amazing road trip nevertheless. Soon to be had again IN my e92.

Car:


Road: Pacific Coast Highway





turugara is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #22
AtlasDoc
Private First Class
 
Drives: '07 Monaco Blue 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Acworth, GA.

Posts: 119
iTrader: (1)

NOt Really A road Trip...

This isn't really a road trip, but it's a video of my first attempt at a mountain run on Wolf Den Gap in the north Georgia mountains. Don't flame me for not tearing into this road remember, this was my 1st run in my 335i after only having it for 1 month. I've since improved on speed an handling after becoming more familiar with the road and taking my car to Atlanta Motorsports Park.

AtlasDoc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST