E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Eror code 9CBB

12-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
Nr!qUe
Captain

Drives: 2009 E90 LCI 328i 6MT

Send a message via MSN to Nr!qUe Send a message via Skype™ to Nr!qUe
Eror code 9CBB

I have this error code on my FRM2 can someone please tell me how to fix the error?

I had a short in my HID angel eye kit and as a result, the FRM stopped supplying power to the angel eye socket so i cant get a signal to power on the kit.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this error?
2009 BMW E90 328i | Xenons | MT | Space Gray | Beige-ette | CF Fabric Trim | iPod/USB | 20% Tints | Euro-Plate | Rear Fog Switch Lego Mod | Painted Reflectors | Performance Short-shift Kit | Style 197 Wheels | OEM Sport Suspension | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Pioneer AVH4400BH -DVD
Nr!qUe is offline   United_States
      08-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Dark335Xi
Enlisted Member

Drives: BMW 335XI SEDAN

i have the same problem

any help??
      08-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
Nr!qUe
Captain

I was able to fix this. I had to use tool32

I dont remember exact details. let me find my post from a while back
2009 BMW E90 328i | Xenons | MT | Space Gray | Beige-ette | CF Fabric Trim | iPod/USB | 20% Tints | Euro-Plate | Rear Fog Switch Lego Mod | Painted Reflectors | Performance Short-shift Kit | Style 197 Wheels | OEM Sport Suspension | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Pioneer AVH4400BH -DVD
      08-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
Nr!qUe
Captain

READ EVERYTHING BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark335Xi View Post
i have the same problem

any help??
read this thread

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495535

you need to have daten V41 files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nr!que from another thread.
If you still haven't gotten the issue fixed maybe this can help.

you need an ODB cable and Laptop and use toolset.exe

Found in this forum
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1611769&page=2

I have yet to try this since my car is in the shop..

I will try this and get back here so other people can find out easily

aaand the name of the value on toolset.exe is called steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung
This is what helped me from bmw coding and i was able to fix it.

Quote:
Try this,the complete text is from an coder in another forum (copy paste)

Connect cable to your car, launch Toolset32 and load FRM70.prg (for FRM2).
- In the window called Select job: FRM_70, select the job status_lampen_kurzschluss_counter. In the list Results select job_status and the lamp output which is shut off due to short circuit protection.
- Send the job to the car using the F5 key. You should get an answer in the Results window and the COUNTER value should be > 0. If COUNTER is = 0 then you didn't select the right lamp output. Try finding the one(s) which have COUNTER > 0. You will look at this value later to see if the short circuit reset-job actually worked.
- Now, switch job to steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung. Notice that this job requires one (1) argument: lamp_nr. Lamp_nr is a number 0-255. Enter the lamp_nr to clear in the Arguments list and select job_status under Results.
- Send the job using F5. Make sure you get an answer OKAY in the Results window.

Note: I don't know the mapping between each lamp and lamp_nr, so I simply sent the command 64 times for all lamp_nr from 0 to 63. Try this - I guess it can't do any harm. Since lamp_nr is supposed to be an integer, I guess possible values for lamp_nr are 0-255.

When you have sent kurzschlussabschaltung-commands for all lamp_nr, do the first job again (check COUNTER). If everything is good, the counters which were > 0 before should now be = 0.

Also, I see there are two jobs which are named quite similar - steuern_lampen_kurzschlussabschaltung and _reset_kurzschluss_sperre. I don't know the difference between these two, but if one doesn't clear your counters, I would try the other one too. Both jobs require the lamp_nr-argument.
I wish you the best of luck!!

I know when i finally figured out how to do this i hadnt had an angel eye for 6 months and i felt like
      12-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
yucki68
Enlisted Member

Drives: BMW E90 325d

Hi, i've testing the method but, i didn't find lamp nr.

Tool32 always says that i doesn't select lamp ....

Any issues ?
      12-29-2013, 01:37 AM   #6
BostonBeemah
The Stig

Drives: AW 135i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nr!qUe View Post
READ EVERYTHING BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING

read this thread

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495535

you need to have daten V41 files.

This is what helped me from bmw coding and i was able to fix it.

I wish you the best of luck!!

I know when i finally figured out how to do this i hadnt had an angel eye for 6 months and i felt like

This is the second time im trying this now and for some reason i cannot figure out the lamp_nr part. I dont know what to put into the arguments area. No matter what i put, i get an error in the job status.. What were you putting in to subtract from the counter?? I also dont have the steurn reset i have _reset_kurzschluss_sperre which has the lamp_nr option and also the only "reset" available that i have listed..

RIP 2008 AW/BL 135illMods: JB4 G5 ISO, 2Step, Raceland DPs,Turbo Back Straight Pipes, BMS DCI, ER CP, HKS BOV, CM10 + CM14 METH, P3 Vent Gauge
Dragstrip: 1.81 60ft 12.2@113 NO METHDynoDayhttp://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15337
BostonBeemah is offline   Armenia
      01-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #7
undermine

Drives: 2011 E90

Solved

I figured this out.

You have a newer E-Series I assume, use reset_kurzschluss_sperre, enter just a number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and so on, individually but with out the comma, get it? Some people just go through 0-255 but I went through 0-64, cleared every error in my FRM.

If this is not clear, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBeemah View Post
This is the second time im trying this now and for some reason i cannot figure out the lamp_nr part. I dont know what to put into the arguments area. No matter what i put, i get an error in the job status.. What were you putting in to subtract from the counter?? I also dont have the steurn reset i have _reset_kurzschluss_sperre which has the lamp_nr option and also the only "reset" available that i have listed..
      01-17-2014, 09:31 PM   #8
BostonBeemah
The Stig

Drives: AW 135i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by undermine View Post
I figured this out.

You have a newer E-Series I assume, use reset_kurzschluss_sperre, enter just a number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and so on, individually but with out the comma, get it? Some people just go through 0-255 but I went through 0-64, cleared every error in my FRM.

If this is not clear, let me know.

Just got mine fixed as well. Turned out to be a software issue on my computer. Ended up creating a Virtual Machine and loading all the software back on and now I have working angel eyes!!

Thanks for the help!

RIP 2008 AW/BL 135illMods: JB4 G5 ISO, 2Step, Raceland DPs,Turbo Back Straight Pipes, BMS DCI, ER CP, HKS BOV, CM10 + CM14 METH, P3 Vent Gauge
Dragstrip: 1.81 60ft 12.2@113 NO METHDynoDayhttp://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15337
BostonBeemah is offline   Armenia