Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

TireRack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Need your opinion: e93 Black Sapphire Metallic

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.

TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %

Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator

08-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
cdd5003
Private

Drives: '08 335i E93

Need your opinion: e93 Black Sapphire Metallic

Hello hello.
So here's the deal. I have an e93 335i in Black Sapphire Metallic, black leather interior. I bought it CPO with the 19" oem 230 rims. The previous owner had tried cleaning the rims with some sort of harsh chemical and left 3 of the 4 rims with pretty bad chemical stain (I sent images to some wheel and powdercoating places and they said that is probably what it is). I bought a pre-owned set of 19" Vertini Hennessey rims off a fellow e90post member. I was happy with them until this weekend when I felt like I had a flat (original TPMS didn't fit in the Vertini) and when I parked saw the rear driver side decently lower. Now the back rims were RFT but I had no TPMS and didn't want to risk anything, and swapped my oem 230's back in (I had been long considering selling them or going back to that look anyways). [This is off topic but I am not used to RFT, but the tire doesn't look flat, even weeks after, but lacks integrity in the center of the tire...] Anyways, I recently tried out some plasti-dip because I was intrigued by the product and wanted to cover up the awful stains on my oem 230's. I dipped them matte black, and also did a little project with the upper trim on the convertible top, grill and 335i emblem (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720775). I've come to terms that I just can't get rid of the silver trim around the windows (the lower portion where the top sits can't be dipped--plus that's only temp. Because of that I think I should embrace the black/silver combo. I think the silver from the convertible/window trim, grill and emblems looks classy. With all that said, I have been mulling over a few options and wanted some input and opinions on my car (I want to keep TPMS active):
Get the oem 230's powdercoated back to original color or black (is gloss possible?) and sell the Vertinis.
Get tire fixed and TPMS fitted to the Vertini's, sell oem 230's with or without powdercoating them.
Sell both sets and buy something new -- in this case I don't really have an idea of what I'd want but I'd want TPMS and something that won't break the bank.
Thanks for the discussion, any input is appreciated.

With OEM 230's
Name:  IMG_1247.JPG
Views: 563
Size:  197.7 KB

With Vertini Hennessey
Name:  IMG_1280.JPG
Views: 506
Size:  239.0 KB

With OEM 230's dipped black
Name:  IMG_0707.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  216.5 KB