E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Lowering my e92 335xi



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
e93driva
Captain
United_States
16
Rep
698
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E93 335is
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MA

iTrader: (2)

Hey guys..before you bash on me for re asking this question...I've done literally hours of searching and seeing my options.

I want to lower my e92 335xi..but not completely slam it. I just want to get rid of or lessen the ugly wheel gap. Im never gonna track my car, so I'm not really considering coilovers (maybe later on but just not in the picture now..). This car is my DD and I was thinking just some sport springs, but then the question of how much wear does it put on the shocks?

Then I thought about going with koni yellows and some eibach springs.

I don't mind the ride of the "xi." but I mind that stupid gap. As long as the ride isn't worse than the "xi" I'm cool with that.. So guys what are your ideas/opinions on this??
:

...not completely sure whether this should go in this topic or the "xi/ AWD" topic...
__________________


Instagram: gyounes9
Das it mane
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
x-ception
Captain
x-ception's Avatar
15
Rep
936
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY/NJ

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92driva View Post
Hey guys..before you bash on me for re asking this question...I've done literally hours of searching and seeing my options.

I want to lower my e92 335xi..but not completely slam it. I just want to get rid of or lessen the ugly wheel gap. Im never gonna track my car, so I'm not really considering coilovers (maybe later on but just not in the picture now..). This car is my DD and I was thinking just some sport springs, but then the question of how much wear does it put on the shocks?

Then I thought about going with koni yellows and some eibach springs.

I don't mind the ride of the "xi." but I mind that stupid gap. As long as the ride isn't worse than the "xi" I'm cool with that.. So guys what are your ideas/opinions on this??


:

...not completely sure whether this should go in this topic or the "xi/ AWD" topic...
I just put springs from a 335i on my xi and the car is lowered and ride is nice, planning on throwing some perches in front now and with 19's it should be perfect without making the ride too harsh.

p.s its not the e92 in my sig.
__________________
COBB |DINAN CAI|AA FMIC|VK|OSS| Arkym

COTM Pics Here
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
crzylildude
Lieutenant Colonel
crzylildude's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
1,575
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (16)

Garage List
For sale - E92 OEM Sports Suspension only 36k city driving miles on them, never tracked. rides perfect springs are labeled D3 & D7, complete with all nuts and washers, SHOCKS & SPRINGS... selling becoz I just started my MODDING THERAPY to heal myself... I want $300 + shipping for the whole set (continental US only)... It is clean and boxed up in my storage... see my post for pictures... pm me if you are interested... Thanks

OR BREAK DOWN:

OEM E92 SPORT SPRINGS D7 FRONT & D3 REAR
- $160 LOCAL PICK UP
- SHIPPING IS $30 WITHIN THE US

OEM ’07 SHOCKS (36K MILES)
- FRONT SET: $65 LOCAL PICK UP
- REAR SET: $65 LOCAL PICK UP
- SHIPPING IS $30 WITHIN THE US

Last edited by crzylildude; 08-06-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
mashimarho
BMW Genius
mashimarho's Avatar
United_States
191
Rep
10,519
Posts

 
Drives: e92 LCI 335i xDrive™
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, michigan

iTrader: (36)

Garage List
I would recommend getting aftermarket shocks if you're going to put springs on. Instead, I just got coils. I do not want to replace my shocks in a year or two from now. :P
__________________

My Progress: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770326
Volk///ER///BMS///KW///VRSF///ARKYM///DD///CYBA///STOPTECH///BMW Performance ///
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
e93driva
Captain
United_States
16
Rep
698
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E93 335is
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ception
I just put springs from a 335i on my xi and the car is lowered and ride is nice, planning on throwing some perches in front now and with 19's it should be perfect without making the ride too harsh.

p.s its not the e92 in my sig.
Wouldn't stock "I" springs on an "xi" car kill the shocks because of the different spring rate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho
I would recommend getting aftermarket shocks if you're going to put springs on. Instead, I just got coils. I do not want to replace my shocks in a year or two from now. :P
So new shocks and sport springs will do just fine? Yeah I don't wanna replace my shocks either haha! I know I said I'm not even considering coilovers..but Im actually considering it now. It seems like its a much better option and I feel like it'll save me money in the long run.
__________________


Instagram: gyounes9
Das it mane

Last edited by e93driva; 08-06-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST