E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Lowering my e92 335xi

08-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
e93driva
Captain

Drives: 2011 E93 335is

Hey guys..before you bash on me for re asking this question...I've done literally hours of searching and seeing my options.

I want to lower my e92 335xi..but not completely slam it. I just want to get rid of or lessen the ugly wheel gap. Im never gonna track my car, so I'm not really considering coilovers (maybe later on but just not in the picture now..). This car is my DD and I was thinking just some sport springs, but then the question of how much wear does it put on the shocks?

Then I thought about going with koni yellows and some eibach springs.

I don't mind the ride of the "xi." but I mind that stupid gap. As long as the ride isn't worse than the "xi" I'm cool with that.. So guys what are your ideas/opinions on this??
:

...not completely sure whether this should go in this topic or the "xi/ AWD" topic...

Instagram: e92driva
e93driva is offline   United_States
      08-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
x-ception
Captain

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92driva View Post
Hey guys..before you bash on me for re asking this question...I've done literally hours of searching and seeing my options.

I want to lower my e92 335xi..but not completely slam it. I just want to get rid of or lessen the ugly wheel gap. Im never gonna track my car, so I'm not really considering coilovers (maybe later on but just not in the picture now..). This car is my DD and I was thinking just some sport springs, but then the question of how much wear does it put on the shocks?

Then I thought about going with koni yellows and some eibach springs.

I don't mind the ride of the "xi." but I mind that stupid gap. As long as the ride isn't worse than the "xi" I'm cool with that.. So guys what are your ideas/opinions on this??

:

...not completely sure whether this should go in this topic or the "xi/ AWD" topic...
I just put springs from a 335i on my xi and the car is lowered and ride is nice, planning on throwing some perches in front now and with 19's it should be perfect without making the ride too harsh.

p.s its not the e92 in my sig.

COTM Pics Here
      08-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
crzylildude
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Garage List
For sale - E92 OEM Sports Suspension only 36k city driving miles on them, never tracked. rides perfect springs are labeled D3 & D7, complete with all nuts and washers, SHOCKS & SPRINGS... selling becoz I just started my MODDING THERAPY to heal myself... I want $300 + shipping for the whole set (continental US only)... It is clean and boxed up in my storage... see my post for pictures... pm me if you are interested... Thanks

OR BREAK DOWN:

OEM E92 SPORT SPRINGS D7 FRONT & D3 REAR
- $160 LOCAL PICK UP
- SHIPPING IS $30 WITHIN THE US

OEM ’07 SHOCKS (36K MILES)
- FRONT SET: $65 LOCAL PICK UP
- REAR SET: $65 LOCAL PICK UP
- SHIPPING IS $30 WITHIN THE US

FUTURE MODS: JUICE BOX 4 - G5 / iPE Innotech Valvetronic Exhaust / AWRON DGA GAUGE / STOPTECH BIG BRAKE KIT

Last edited by crzylildude; 08-06-2012 at 02:05 PM.
crzylildude is offline   United_States
      08-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
mashimarho
BMW Genius

Drives: e92 LCI 335i xDrive™

Garage List
I would recommend getting aftermarket shocks if you're going to put springs on. Instead, I just got coils. I do not want to replace my shocks in a year or two from now. :P

Volk///ER///BMS///KW///VRSF///ARKYM///DD///CYBA///STOPTECH///BMW Performance ///
My Progress: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770326
mashimarho is offline   United_States
      08-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
e93driva
Captain

Drives: 2011 E93 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ception
I just put springs from a 335i on my xi and the car is lowered and ride is nice, planning on throwing some perches in front now and with 19's it should be perfect without making the ride too harsh.

p.s its not the e92 in my sig.
Wouldn't stock "I" springs on an "xi" car kill the shocks because of the different spring rate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho
I would recommend getting aftermarket shocks if you're going to put springs on. Instead, I just got coils. I do not want to replace my shocks in a year or two from now. :P
So new shocks and sport springs will do just fine? Yeah I don't wanna replace my shocks either haha! I know I said I'm not even considering coilovers..but Im actually considering it now. It seems like its a much better option and I feel like it'll save me money in the long run.

Instagram: e92driva

Last edited by e93driva; 08-06-2012 at 04:34 PM.
e93driva is offline   United_States