E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Time to get down to it....

08-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Time to get down to it....

...and have an adult conversation with the voters. The Ryan choice says that for the Republicans it really is about the economy, framed in terms of budget and business. It's the big showdown and, like others, I hope America can face up to the hard choices and get excited enough to go vote for the hard right as opposed to nobama's easy wrong. This team is not gonna get distracted with all the dog and cat dem issues that they will use to try to keep their base together and distract the peeps. Let the dems worry about the small stuff. Stay on message, fix the economy, make the changes that give America a chance to get back on track. I'm pleased, just somewhat cautious about this team's (or any team) ability to persuade the great unwashed. Go team!
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      08-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
...and have an adult conversation with the voters. The Ryan choice says that for the Republicans it really is about the economy, framed in terms of budget and business. It's the big showdown and, like others, I hope America can face up to the hard choices and get excited enough to go vote for the hard right as opposed to nobama's easy wrong. This team is not gonna get distracted with all the dog and cat dem issues that they will use to try to keep their base together and distract the peeps. Let the dems worry about the small stuff. Stay on message, fix the economy, make the changes that give America a chance to get back on track. I'm pleased, just somewhat cautious about this team's (or any team) ability to persuade the great unwashed. Go team!
How can we have an adult conversation with you when you can't even show enough respect for the office of the president to use the words President Obama? You may disagree with his policies, but at least show respect for the office. If you are really ex-army you would know that.

Now on to your statement. I feel that the decision to put Paul Ryan in as the running mate shows the direction the GOP wants to take this election. Ryan has been very vocal about his want to make social security private, and to get rid of medicare. The GOP is trying to go as far to the right as possible to see how far their base will allow them to go. I doubt this will sit well with the senior citizens that often make up a good portion of the Republican party. And ultimately will blow up in their faces.

The other way to look at this is, they have chosen Ryan as a running mate to have an obvious scapegoat to look at when they lose the election in november.
      08-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
The other way to look at this is, they have chosen Ryan as a running mate to have an obvious scapegoat to look at when they lose the election in november.
This.
      08-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
128vertinnoho
Private First Class

Drives: 2012 128iC

Rmoney will now lose Florida and he can't win the election without Florida. This is a great VP pick!!

For Obama!!
128vertinnoho is offline   United_States
      08-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
How can we have an adult conversation with you when you can't even show enough respect for the office of the president to use the words President Obama? You may disagree with his policies, but at least show respect for the office. If you are really ex-army you would know that.
I have more respect for the office of the President than he has shown.

Don't you worry your pretty little head what I was or what I am. And puhleese, no lectures on the military ethos, given so few have actually served it's likely you have no idea what you are talking about. Consider me to be just another anonymous interweb entity, how about let's go with 13 year old girl with an attitude, eh?
      08-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
I have more respect for the office of the President than he has shown.

Don't you worry your pretty little head what I was or what I am. And puhleese, no lectures on the military ethos, given so few have actually served it's likely you have no idea what you are talking about. Consider me to be just another anonymous interweb entity, how about let's go with 13 year old girl with an attitude, eh?
You still don't realize nobody cares what you think. Go take your smarmy sarcastic nobama elsewhere.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      08-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
You still don't realize nobody cares what you think. Go take your smarmy sarcastic nobama elsewhere.
You care, deeply. Otherwise you would quit responding and drift off into your imaginary interweb world where you actually get to tell people what to do.

Your Choom Gang princeling is going to do his best to avoid talking about the state of the economy (which he owns!)--this pairing will help keep him on track.
      08-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
You care, deeply. Otherwise you would quit responding and drift off into your imaginary interweb world where you actually get to tell people what to do.

Your Choom Gang princeling is going to do his best to avoid talking about the state of the economy (which he owns!)--this pairing will help keep him on track.
Just in case you're keeping track, I'm only a member of 2 forums; this and one about music. So all my online pissing is done here.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      08-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
M_Six
Free Thinker

Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic

Garage List
"A bold but risky choice."

Where have we heard that before? This guy may be a bit brighter than the Elk Hunter, but he's not going to help Romney's campaign any more than she helped McCain's. For all the talk about getting rid of entitlements, once the average American realizes it's *their* entitlement that will be cut, they'll run the other way. No one wants to work until 70. No one over the age of 50 wants to see Medicare go away.

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States
      08-12-2012, 04:25 AM   #10
JMX328
Insert Something Witty.

Drives: 2009 328i

I'm looking forward to seeing Ryan debate Biden. Ryan is an eloquent, intelligent speaker. Biden enjoys shoving his feet into his mouth.

This will definitely be fun to watch.
JMX328 is offline   United_States
      08-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #11
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
For all the talk about getting rid of entitlements, once the average American realizes it's *their* entitlement that will be cut, they'll run the other way.
Indeed, exactly. It will all come down to this.

If this pairing can stay on task and message then attention deficit Americans will have an opportunity to understand and then decide. It'll be a hard sell. On one hand there will be the "bread and circuses", everything-is-OK offerings of the dems and on the other, a chance to sacrifice to achieve a better America, but later.
      08-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
M_Six
Free Thinker

Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic

Garage List
Quote:
Indeed, exactly. It will all come down to this.

If this pairing can stay on task and message then attention deficit Americans will have an opportunity to understand and then decide. It'll be a hard sell. On one hand there will be the "bread and circuses", everything-is-OK offerings of the dems and on the other, a chance to sacrifice to achieve a better America, but later.
From what I've read about their plan, the sacrifice will be made by the middle class and the elderly. The "better America" will belong to the rich.

I feel like I'm on a bus heading downhill into a dark tunnel. I have no idea what's at the other end or if we'll even make it through. We *might* be ok, but there is no way of knowing. It's the lack of any sort of confidence in either choice for bus driver that gets me. I don't think either of them (Obama or Romney) know any more about what's waiting for us than I do. They just act like they do.

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States
      08-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #13
Gamoto
Private First Class

Drives: 08 E93 M3 6MT/13 335ix/ 13 X3/

Your response says it all..........empty space