Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Just put on my NEW SHOES!! What do yall think?



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #23
DoD74
Private First Class
DoD74's Avatar
1
Rep
136
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (0)

They look fantastic, congratulations!
__________________
BMW History:
2000 328iS|2002 E39 530i|2005 E60 530i|2007 328i Coupe|2009 335i Coupe|2012 335i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #24
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
#Tee's Avatar
77
Rep
4,876
Posts

 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

time for a "proper" photoshoot
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212

custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 04:39 AM   #25
Yaaar
General
United_States
1
Rep
83
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335 E93
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I have the same delema want to stay conservative (OEM) as possible but can't make up my mind on which wheels to finally put on. M359 is my best choise at the moment...as far as how it looks on your car think they are pretty sweet. I wouldn't concern myself with the "played out" comment. Played out to whom? They are new to you from what I can see and that's all that matters. Unless your going to park your car next another 335 with the same wheels on a daily basis...lol I do think you could benefit from a few add on's to match the more aggress wheel style. Side skirts, mtech rear etc... All in all it looks dam nice.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #26
LonestarState
New Member
United_States
2
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: Silver e92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja305 View Post
I have the same delema want to stay conservative (OEM) as possible but can't make up my mind on which wheels to finally put on. M359 is my best choise at the moment...as far as how it looks on your car think they are pretty sweet. I wouldn't concern myself with the "played out" comment. Played out to whom? They are new to you from what I can see and that's all that matters. Unless your going to park your car next another 335 with the same wheels on a daily basis...lol I do think you could benefit from a few add on's to match the more aggress wheel style. Side skirts, mtech rear etc... All in all it looks dam nice.
Yeah that's probably going to be my next mod/s are the side skirts and mtech rear. Only thing is I'm not sure who to have them installed by and painted, I've run into the problem where I'd give a previous vehicle of mine to a dealer or a "reputable" body shop to have one problem fixed, but then only to have 2 new problems (paint or mechanical) replace the original problem . lol, but I am definitely looking to do more modifications to the car. As for the wheels, I was stuck on deciding between the M359's, the Aluf CS7's and the LC818's. But I ended up pulling the trigger on the M359's, I personally like'm but some people may object lol. "To each, his own". lol or whatever floats your boat, the more and more I drive my e92, the greater it "grows" on me. Despite it's few flaws in the past with the HPFP and others, I really think BMW did one hell of job . Anyway's good luck on your choice, I don't think you can go wrong with picking the right set of wheels .
__________________
"All bad precedents begin as justifiable measures."
-Julius Cesar
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #27
Tam@SupremePower
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Tam@SupremePower's Avatar
United_States
49
Rep
2,087
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: So. Cal

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [3.50]
Send a message via AIM to Tam@SupremePower
Clean!
__________________
SupremePOWER
1025-B Ortega Way - Placentia CA 92870
714 632 1951 x224 l tam@supremepower.com l www.supremepower.com
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #28
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
8
Rep
502
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parts unknown

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
Anything but the same cookie cutter wheels on every other E90.
+1000!!!. My thoughts exactly. Oh look a CSL style wheel...how unique...never seen that before. But thats just me.

Don't get me wrong. I like them!! I just think they are "plain ole vanilla". If I am going to get some ice cream I dont want plain ole vanilla everyday. Vanilla is tasty but still....well....vanilla. Just my 0.02.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #29
Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
Delusive's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,500
Posts

 
Drives: Static E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU
Anything but the same cookie cutter wheels on every other E90.
+2000

Looks good and i'm not tryna hate but your new shoes are really old shoes.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #30
nikitino25
Lieutenant
nikitino25's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (2)

Lonestarstate- Is your car's paint color space grey? Also, if you don't mind me asking, about how much did you pay for the wheels/tires combo and where did you get them? Also, did you just transfer the tire pressure monitor sensors to the new wheels?

Last edited by nikitino25; 08-11-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 02:41 AM   #31
migey330i
New Member
Canada
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (0)

I think those look great!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #32
Signal513
Sarging 24/7
Signal513's Avatar
3
Rep
360
Posts

 
Drives: e92 TiAg, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarState View Post
At first I was a little hesitant on getting the AG M359's but I can say now without a doubt I am glad I did !!!! Pictures don't do this wheel justice.
<--- This for sure. To be honest, I was not much of a fan of the wheel until seeing a couple choice pictures on this forum and deciding that something "slightly" different that the CSL pattern would do.

After installing the M359s and dropping the car, i've been very satisfied and get lots of positive compliments too.

Nice job man...!
__________________
HIIT and Weight Training:http://www.highintensityworkouts.org
30 Minute Workouts:http://www.maxworkoutsguide.com
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #33
John Tanglewood
Porn Star
John Tanglewood's Avatar
48
Rep
2,151
Posts

 
Drives: 09' R8 -- 11' M3 (sold)
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Stamford, CT

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-NA.E92 View Post
+2000

Looks good and i'm not tryna hate but your new shoes are really old shoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54_Fan View Post
+1000!!!. My thoughts exactly. Oh look a CSL style wheel...how unique...never seen that before. But thats just me.

Don't get me wrong. I like them!! I just think they are "plain ole vanilla". If I am going to get some ice cream I dont want plain ole vanilla everyday. Vanilla is tasty but still....well....vanilla. Just my 0.02.
Funny everyone says played out, same as everyone else, etc. etc. etc.

.....but on the road (not the internet forum), it actually IS unique and clean.

The cookie cutter you're referring to... that's called 'stock'.

I have BBS LM on my M3. WHile those may be some of THE MOST common aftermarket wheel for my car, I hardly ever see another one around my town, and my town has LOTS of M3s.

To each his own.... What looks clean to some is boring to another, etc. etc.

Looks great man! Maybe a slight drop and you will be rolliN!
__________________

My M3 is for sale here
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #34
Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
Delusive's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,500
Posts

 
Drives: Static E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
Funny everyone says played out, same as everyone else, etc. etc. etc.

.....but on the road (not the internet forum), it actually IS unique and clean.

The cookie cutter you're referring to... that's called 'stock'.

I have BBS LM on my M3. WHile those may be some of THE MOST common aftermarket wheel for my car, I hardly ever see another one around my town, and my town has LOTS of M3s.

To each his own.... What looks clean to some is boring to another, etc. etc.

Looks great man! Maybe a slight drop and you will be rolliN!
Maybe the reason your the only one with those rims is because they're played out

P.S. Your M3 is played out also
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #35
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
8
Rep
502
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parts unknown

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
Funny everyone says played out, same as everyone else, etc. etc. etc.

.....but on the road (not the internet forum), it actually IS unique and clean.

The cookie cutter you're referring to... that's called 'stock'.

I have BBS LM on my M3. WHile those may be some of THE MOST common aftermarket wheel for my car, I hardly ever see another one around my town, and my town has LOTS of M3s.

To each his own.... What looks clean to some is boring to another, etc. etc.

Looks great man! Maybe a slight drop and you will be rolliN!
LOL,....The top wheels for E9x are in my area the following by my estimation:

1) Stock - 70%
2) Aftermarket CSL style - 20%
3) Aftermarket 5 spoke wheel - 9%
4) Aftermarket Unique wheel NOT any of the above - 1% or less!

In fact the car on Tire Rack.coms web site banner at the top of this page is a CSL style wheel. The VMR, and Forgestar that most people buy on here are CSL style. Just saying...definitely NOT a uniques style wheel.

Again, I like them as a CSL style is a decent wheel. In fact I own a set of Forgestars F14 but mine are for beating on at the track only. I change them as soon as I get home for my daily shoes that I use.

Just because I own a pair of Nike shoes for the gym doesn't mean I think they make a nice sharp dress shoe. Those wheel are Nike gym shoes as far as I am concerned. I dont agree with "dressing" up your car with that style wheel and say it looks great. Just my 0.02
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #36
flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
flip4335's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,833
Posts

 
Drives: like it's rented
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the wheel

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54_Fan View Post
LOL,....The top wheels for E9x are in my area the following by my estimation:

1) Stock - 70%
2) Aftermarket CSL style - 20%
3) Aftermarket 5 spoke wheel - 9%
4) Aftermarket Unique wheel NOT any of the above - 1% or less!

In fact the car on Tire Rack.coms web site banner at the top of this page is a CSL style wheel. The VMR, and Forgestar that most people buy on here are CSL style. Just saying...definitely NOT a uniques style wheel.

Again, I like them as a CSL style is a decent wheel. In fact I own a set of Forgestars F14 but mine are for beating on at the track only. I change them as soon as I get home for my daily shoes that I use.

Just because I own a pair of Nike shoes for the gym doesn't mean I think they make a nice sharp dress shoe. Those wheel are Nike gym shoes as far as I am concerned. I dont agree with "dressing" up your car with that style wheel and say it looks great. Just my 0.02
Wow...aren't they a variant of the CSL style wheel, but they are called competition package and standard on M3s?

OP, I like your style...wheels look great!
__________________

BMWCCA Member # 414198 Slightly Modded|e90|SGM|6MT|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|Blackline |219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix|AR Catted|Cobb
Quaife Review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311570
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #37
EricP3
Private First Class
1
Rep
164
Posts

 
Drives: 335i coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (5)

Car looks great man. If you had gotten "unique" wheels this thread would be full of the same people telling you how terrible they look on a BMW. Sounds like you are happy with them congrats!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #38
PJ_
Private
Philippines
0
Rep
58
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (3)

Looks great....I need to upgrade soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #39
SaviorXi
Lieutenant
SaviorXi's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dirty South Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I have the same wheels in 18 and I love them. I also had the M-6 reps on my 2008 and I think they also looked great. The same guys that are saying "played out" are the same ones that hate on everything. The reason certain wheels are popular is because they look good. If anyone wants to break the mold and try something "not played out" then by all means do it. Its not my hard earned $$$ and BMW. To the OP I think it looks great.

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #40
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
My335iTT's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
432
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Utah

iTrader: (2)

Looking great! Now you just need a new camera!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #41
vertspeed
Private First Class
vertspeed's Avatar
1
Rep
181
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 335i e93
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
Funny everyone says played out, same as everyone else, etc. etc. etc.

.....but on the road (not the internet forum), it actually IS unique and clean.

The cookie cutter you're referring to... that's called 'stock'.

I have BBS LM on my M3. WHile those may be some of THE MOST common aftermarket wheel for my car, I hardly ever see another one around my town, and my town has LOTS of M3s.

To each his own.... What looks clean to some is boring to another, etc. etc.

Looks great man! Maybe a slight drop and you will be rolliN!
I agree, they won't be played out when driving around town. You may not see another one like yours in a couple months time of driving. Yes here on the forum they are very popular but as others have said thats for a reason, because they are a good choice. Disregard the negative talk, if you like the way they look, then cool! I think they look great man, glad you're enjoying them!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #42
BKap08
Colonel
BKap08's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
2,639
Posts

 
Drives: LCI
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

wooohooo! im also running these in gunmetal, love em
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #43
vertspeed
Private First Class
vertspeed's Avatar
1
Rep
181
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 335i e93
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-NA.E92 View Post
Maybe the reason your the only one with those rims is because they're played out

P.S. Your M3 is played out also
Lol..says the guy with the 328i.....the most common BMW on the road, oh and driven 95% of the time by chicks. Fail negativity post, ha!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #44
Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
Delusive's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,500
Posts

 
Drives: Static E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan76 View Post
Lol..says the guy with the 328i.....the most common BMW on the road, oh and driven 95% of the time by chicks. Fail negativity post, ha!
Very nice info, i'll put my hands together for your effort in researching the gender ratio of 328 drivers also it don't matter what model you drive because by the end of the day it's still a BMW.

By the way your facts are wrong so more fail on your part.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
265, avant garde m359, m359, michelin, pss

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST