E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Montreal Members Thread (#4)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #67
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,623
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Damn.... sorry to hear bud
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
Sorry to hear that Ken I would've took it if it wasn't for my exam on the 21st!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
sorry to hear bout that... is it on the 20th and 21st? give me a day or so to check my schedule. i'll let you know if i can do that event. its dependent on whether or not i can get the other car by then.
Thank you all!

Chris it's next Monday and Tuesday 20th and 21st. Let me know if you can.
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #68
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
 
NRG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5 35d
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal QC

Posts: 1,659
iTrader: (5)

Hey how's everybody doing? It's been a long time. Ken accept my condolences, sorry to hear about your loss.

I see some have upgraded their bimmers but some downgraded... I can't wait myself for the upcoming 2015 X5M, surely my next truck.

Anyone with 35d around interested in JBD/CANtool combo for a reasonable price, shoot me PM.
__________________

Retired: 2005 N52 E90 330i Sport 6AT
Retired: 2007 N54 E92 335i Sport 6AT

Current: 2012 M57 E70 X5 xDrive35D
NRG is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #69
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,699
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG View Post
Hey how's everybody doing? It's been a long time. Ken accept my condolences, sorry to hear about your loss.

I see some have upgraded their bimmers but some downgraded... I can't wait myself for the upcoming 2015 X5M, surely my next truck.

Anyone with 35d around interested in JBD/CANtool combo for a reasonable price, shoot me PM.
If you're referring to me - I'm not sure it's necessarily a downgrade, considering that finally I don't have the same car as EVERYONE else - a black 335 with Mtech bumpers. Now I have a car that only about a hundred other people have - in Canada, anyway

Hell, I saw another guy with one and we stopped on the side of the road to chat about them. Hehe.
__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #70
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,699
iTrader: (9)

As for next cars........ how about a BMW M3 VAN!?!?!?!?




__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #71
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
 
NRG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5 35d
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal QC

Posts: 1,659
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
As for next cars........ how about a BMW M3 VAN!?!?!?!?




I've seen that a few years ago. That's too much of a car for me
__________________

Retired: 2005 N52 E90 330i Sport 6AT
Retired: 2007 N54 E92 335i Sport 6AT

Current: 2012 M57 E70 X5 xDrive35D
NRG is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #72
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,794
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Thank you all!

Chris it's next Monday and Tuesday 20th and 21st. Let me know if you can.
Sorry to hear Ken.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #73
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,794
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG View Post
I've seen that a few years ago. That's too much of a car for me
Tires ... we dont need no stinking tires ...
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #74
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,794
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG View Post
Hey how's everybody doing? It's been a long time. Ken accept my condolences, sorry to hear about your loss.

I see some have upgraded their bimmers but some downgraded... I can't wait myself for the upcoming 2015 X5M, surely my next truck.

Anyone with 35d around interested in JBD/CANtool combo for a reasonable price, shoot me PM.
Hey look who popped up! How's it going? It has been a long time. You still in Montreal?
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #75
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
 
NRG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5 35d
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal QC

Posts: 1,659
iTrader: (5)

Hey Joel. I'm still around while it's warm. Did a fun remap/reflash on my D truck lately. Winter I'm off again to Mexico or Florida till April. How's your M? Do you still drive your 335?
__________________

Retired: 2005 N52 E90 330i Sport 6AT
Retired: 2007 N54 E92 335i Sport 6AT

Current: 2012 M57 E70 X5 xDrive35D
NRG is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      08-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #76
MTL Bimmer
Major General
 
MTL Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328 (DD) & E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal ; Kuwait

Posts: 8,036
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Ken, it was nice seeing you yesterday on the road. Hope to see all of you soon!!

Maybe breakfast meet next week? Cosompolitan?
__________________
08 E92 M3/Melbourne Red/6MT/Exec Pack/MDrive/EDC/PDC/19" 220M
Mods: VRS Front Lip, HID Angels, KW V3, Stoptech BBK, SS lines, 18" TE37SL, Bastuck Exhaust, MS Air Filter, OEM Aluminum Padels, LED Interior Light
07 E92 328i/Jet Black/Cream Beige Leather/Premium/Step/Heated Seats...check garage!
MTL Bimmer is offline   Kuwait
0
Reply With Quote
      08-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #77
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,794
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG View Post
Hey Joel. I'm still around while it's warm. Did a fun remap/reflash on my D truck lately. Winter I'm off again to Mexico or Florida till April. How's your M? Do you still drive your 335?
The M3 is converted to a dedicated track car, and the 335 is replaced by a twin turbo Ford pickup. Nice to hear from you. We have to get together again one of these days, especially before the summer runs out. Cheers.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #78
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,699
iTrader: (9)

Heads up everyone - I'm setting the BBQ time at 14:00 (I mentioned noon to some people but I have an engagement that got shifted from Sunday morning... so 14:00 works better for me). Hopefully that doesn't change anything. Burgers and designer sausages planned.
__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #79
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E86 ///M IR
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,900
iTrader: (1)

http://www.zpost.com/forums/calendar...=2012-8-25&c=1
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #80
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
 
GewoW's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,834
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
My GoPro was buggy....was only able to record this session. Not my fastest laps, but clear running for the most part

__________________
GewoW is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      08-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #81
nvez
Major
 
nvez's Avatar
 
Drives: an M3..... in a while.
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal, QC

Posts: 1,150
iTrader: (0)

Checking address before leaving and I saw this, bahaha.

http://goo.gl/maps/R6Bct
nvez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #82
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,699
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvez View Post
Checking address before leaving and I saw this, bahaha.

<gmaps url removed>
hahaha. ya dude. i msg'd everyone to OBEY THE SIGNS. Stops and 30 km/h limit in my city is ENFORCED since it's an easy $170 for them :P
__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #83
montreal red
chris
 
montreal red's Avatar
 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 12,122
iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
so i finally picked up my "new" car.... its got 33k kms on it. drives great so far. totally different experience from driving the m3. its so much more raw. the fact that it has solid metal suspension bushings and links instead of rubber ones make the entire car just that much more connected to the road. i can literally feel every crease and bump in the road surface. not sure if thats a good thing or not but i have the oem pieces so i can always switch it back if i want a more comfortable ride.

exhaust noise isnt that loud. its actually pretty quiet around town. the car has an active exhaust so the tone actually changes when you put it into sport mode (more aggressive sound).

the fixed back race buckets are pretty comfortable, especially since i got used to driving my m3 with fixed back recaros. i have harnesses but they are tucked behind the seat when i drive on regular streets. will whip them out on the track.

the brakes are squeaky. i did check the life of the pad and its got 85% of meat still there. it might be the pad compound but it still bites even when cold so i guess its not a full on race pad.

the clutch has very little assist on it. its very very firm. i think tony with his Z4M wouldnt have a problem getting used to it but coming from a 'softie' m3, its quite a change.

there's no hill hold assist with this manual gearbox... i am ok with it. wife might have an issue driving the car.

no navigation in the car. just a simple radio/CD player. might install some sort of aftermarket nav/radio head unit at a later time. at least it has air con!! apparently there are quite a few of these cars out there without AC!

roll cage in the back means no space for putting much luggage or other crap behind me. i am kind of limited to the front trunk space. we'll see how i cope with this space constraint later on. it might be quite a challenge. the e92 has a lot of cargo space in comparison to this car. i'll have to figure out where to put my sausage dog when we go on road trips.

the car begs to go onto the track... off to mosport with tony and joel in a week!! cant wait!
Attached Images
 
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
montreal red is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #84
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,699
iTrader: (9)

Finally, the green frog rears its head Nice looker - grats Time to go grocery shopping in it!!!! Hehe.
__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #85
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E86 ///M IR
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,900
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
so i finally picked up my "new" car.... its got 33k kms on it. drives great so far. totally different experience from driving the m3. its so much more raw. the fact that it has solid metal suspension bushings and links instead of rubber ones make the entire car just that much more connected to the road. i can literally feel every crease and bump in the road surface. not sure if thats a good thing or not but i have the oem pieces so i can always switch it back if i want a more comfortable ride.

exhaust noise isnt that loud. its actually pretty quiet around town. the car has an active exhaust so the tone actually changes when you put it into sport mode (more aggressive sound).

the fixed back race buckets are pretty comfortable, especially since i got used to driving my m3 with fixed back recaros. i have harnesses but they are tucked behind the seat when i drive on regular streets. will whip them out on the track.

the brakes are squeaky. i did check the life of the pad and its got 85% of meat still there. it might be the pad compound but it still bites even when cold so i guess its not a full on race pad.

the clutch has very little assist on it. its very very firm. i think tony with his Z4M wouldnt have a problem getting used to it but coming from a 'softie' m3, its quite a change.

there's no hill hold assist with this manual gearbox... i am ok with it. wife might have an issue driving the car.

no navigation in the car. just a simple radio/CD player. might install some sort of aftermarket nav/radio head unit at a later time. at least it has air con!! apparently there are quite a few of these cars out there without AC!

roll cage in the back means no space for putting much luggage or other crap behind me. i am kind of limited to the front trunk space. we'll see how i cope with this space constraint later on. it might be quite a challenge. the e92 has a lot of cargo space in comparison to this car. i'll have to figure out where to put my sausage dog when we go on road trips.

the car begs to go onto the track... off to mosport with tony and joel in a week!! cant wait!
Nice quick writeup. I have seen that car numerous times at the track. Congratulations. enjoy it. Your car has half the kilometers that I have...
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #86
Nikos335i
Brigadier General
 
Nikos335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 B8 S4 & 2013 F30 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,821
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2012 Audi S4  [4.50]
2007 E90 335i  [4.50]
2011 Audi A4 Avant  [5.00]
Congrats on the new cars Fahad, Glen and Chris (missed anyone?)

The green machine will be be nice to see in action on the track Chris!

Came across this video might be old not sure? I understand shit happens but why would you share the video!!!

http://autos.ca.msn.com/video/?cp-do...d-9fa5e59587f4
__________________
'12 B8 S4 Ice Silver on Black/Premium/DSG/Sport Diff/Nav/Carbon Inlays/19' Titanium Wheels/RS4 Grill/AWE exhaust/Alu Kreuz/H&R OE/Pagid RS19
'13 F30 328xi Sapphire Black/Coral Red/Sportline/gloss black with matte red/Style 397 18" wheels
gone: '07 E90 335i, Alpine White/Black with aluminum/sport/ steptronic/paddles/premium/Logic7
gone: '06 E61 530xi Sapphire Black/Black with aluminum/premium/panoramic sunroof/Logic7/PDC
Nikos335i is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #87
montreal red
chris
 
montreal red's Avatar
 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 12,122
iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos335i View Post
Congrats on the new cars Fahad, Glen and Chris (missed anyone?)

The green machine will be be nice to see in action on the track Chris!

Came across this video might be old not sure? I understand shit happens but why would you share the video!!!

http://autos.ca.msn.com/video/?cp-do...d-9fa5e59587f4
wow that guy was going way too fast on a back road. considering how narrow the road is, thats pretty scary. actually i am surprised the car didnt flip.
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
montreal red is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #88
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,794
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
so i finally picked up my "new" car.... its got 33k kms on it. drives great so far. totally different experience from driving the m3. its so much more raw. the fact that it has solid metal .
.
.
.
, cope with this space constraint later on. it might be quite a challenge. the e92 has a lot of cargo space in comparison to this car. i'll have to figure out where to put my sausage dog when we go on road trips.

the car begs to go onto the track... off to mosport with tony and joel in a week!! cant wait!
Tres jolie. The track is calling.

265/35 and 335/30 R18 - Some modding needed. Rennlist has tons of combos and options to explore.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST