E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > VS Motorsports - Great shop!

08-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
timtech
Lieutenant

Drives: 335

Thumbs up VS Motorsports - Great shop!

I was going to put this in the sponsored vendor section, but since it's a midwest shop, this seemed to be a better place for it.

I went in today to get my intake valves walnut shell blasted from the group buy that is posted here. Here is a little background on my car. It's a 2007 (five years old) with 26,500 miles on it. Mostly five mile trips, and several days on a road coarse and a couple drag strip days a year. My car has been pro tuned to bring up the timing.

I didn't really think my valves were that dirty since the logs on my 1+ aggressive tune always came back very clean but viewed it as the price was right and good preventive maintenance. Boy was I wrong. VS Motorsports will post pictures later in the group buy thread. They aren't as bad as the most of the others in the thread (100k miles, etc), but it did really need it. The car feels completely different now. The idle and slow accelerations are very smooth. It shows even with being very well maintained, that build up does happen and you will slowly not notice the change.

Now about VS Motorsports. Great shop, great people. I'm in the middle of a big project and couldn't take any time away. They got me on their wifi right away and I was off and working.

Everything was very clean and professionally done. They treated my car like it was their own (which is rare now a days). I did a quick tour of their shop and drooled over some toys that I would like to have. I was also able to view the valves while it was opened up so that I could gauge how things looked for a low milage, five year old car. The dealer would never let me do that. I really like that they have the official BMW tool so that it leaves the engine bay clean. My car came in and left with a spotless engine.

Great work guys and I look forward to bringing my other toys there!
      08-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e92 M3

Send a message via AIM to VSmotorsports
Tim, It was nice to meet you today and we are happy to hear you review on our shop and our service.
Here are the pictures of your valves before and after

Many of us were shocked to hear that you only had 26,xxx on your car. It is great to have a car like yours come in and show members on the boards that clogged up valves can happen regardless of driving behaviors.

Tim, if you need anything else please let us know, and hope to see your s2000 soon
      08-15-2012, 03:18 AM   #3
Game
Major General

Drives: E92 335i

I knew they were a great shop the second they gave out free NOS, food, and prizes at their meet.
      08-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
I knew they were a great shop the second they gave out free NOS, food, and prizes at their meet.
haha, where is the review thread about that? lol
      08-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
ken1137
Brigadier General

Drives: a slow 2009 e90 335i

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [3.20]
+1 for VS...I gotta to call Kenny to get some mods removed from my 135 I'll call Friday.

BMWCCA member
ken1137 is offline   United_States
      08-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1137 View Post
+1 for VS...I gotta to call Kenny to get some mods removed from my 135 I'll call Friday.
Ken, looking forward to speaking with you