E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Central Locking Issue - E93



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-22-2012, 06:04 AM   #1
shane732
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: BMW E93 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland


Posts: 155
iTrader: (0)

Central Locking Issue - E93

There seems to be a bit of an issue with the central locking on my E93.

When I go out to open the car in the morning it almost seems as if the car is asleep. I press the open button on the key fob and nothing and the car doesn't response. If I continue to press the button the car eventually responses.

When I use the manual key method of unlocking the car it works fine. I've tried both keys and have the same issue.

My car has comfort access but again this doesn't work when I rest my hand on the door handle in the morning either.

Any ideas what it could be? I assume it's something to do with the system in the car that picks up the unlock signal not responding.

Opinions would be most appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
greatbm
Captain
United Kingdom
10

 
greatbm's Avatar
 
Drives: F33 428i M-Sport convertible
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North East UK


Posts: 812
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane732 View Post
There seems to be a bit of an issue with the central locking on my E93.

When I go out to open the car in the morning it almost seems as if the car is asleep. I press the open button on the key fob and nothing and the car doesn't response. If I continue to press the button the car eventually responses.

When I use the manual key method of unlocking the car it works fine. I've tried both keys and have the same issue.

My car has comfort access but again this doesn't work when I rest my hand on the door handle in the morning either.

Any ideas what it could be? I assume it's something to do with the system in the car that picks up the unlock signal not responding.

Opinions would be most appreciated.
How old are the key fobs, as they have batteries that need replacement every so often, could be signal from fob is weak due to flat batteries ?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
shane732
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: BMW E93 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland


Posts: 155
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbm View Post
How old are the key fobs, as they have batteries that need replacement every so often, could be signal from fob is weak due to flat batteries ?
Key fobs are both 2008 I assume.....

Don't the fobs recharge when you put the in the ignition? I didn't think you could replace the battery in the fobs - are the comfort access ones different?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
greatbm
Captain
United Kingdom
10

 
greatbm's Avatar
 
Drives: F33 428i M-Sport convertible
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North East UK


Posts: 812
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane732 View Post
Key fobs are both 2008 I assume.....

Don't the fobs recharge when you put the in the ignition? I didn't think you could replace the battery in the fobs - are the comfort access ones different?
Comfort access don't charge from socket as you don't need to insert to start car, yes they have to be replaced.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST