E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Julian Assange - Hero or Enemy?

08-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #111
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Doesn't anyone see that he releases confidential damning information, rightly or wrongly, and suddenly theres a rape allegation? Seriously?

I think im a lone warrior here and everyone thinks he's bad. Fair enough your opinion
You could have rape allegations against you and no one would give a shit until you leaked top secret military documents to the public. Be sure everyone would know what a rapist you are after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Sigh. I just feel sorry for all the people who believe their government/media. There's no point in trying to convince people like you, you will never give yourself that chance to THINK for yourselves instead of accepting things straight away.

Why dont you imagine this: 9/11 happens in China and they think its us who did it, invade our country killing loads of innocent people along the way in their "War on Terror", for over 10 years. Meanwhile not having no proof of WMDs or this mysterious Osama (who the Chinese knew about before and dined with the family), and benefitting from our resources. Would you think somethings going on? Would you think somethings not fair? Of course you would.

But yeah, im a "whack-job" for not being a good citizen and believing this rubbish. Im just glad im not the only "whack-job". There are loads of "whack-jobs" in America, UK and worldwide.
Never happen. Chinese military has 48m guns, US has 270m privately owned guns not including military and law enforcement. Yeah, that's how we roll.

Seriously, your opinions are entertaining at best. But your opinion doesn't = fact any more or less than government statements = fact.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #112
carve
Major
Rep

Drives: 335i

LOL- the beauty of the 2nd amendment. Even if our government totally collapsed and our military disbanded, we would not be occupiable/colonisable by a hostile foreign force without them turning the entire country into a worthless wasteland.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #113
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
LOL- the beauty of the 2nd amendment. Even if our government totally collapsed and our military disbanded, we would not be occupiable/colonisable by a hostile foreign force without them turning the entire country into a worthless wasteland.
Two words: RED DAWN
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #114
Tranic335i
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Lol yup if somebody tries to invade/Occupy US, we will make Iraq look like disneyland.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #115
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep

Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II

Garage List
Quote:
So you're saying a foreign army equipped with jets, tanks, rockets, warships, bombers will be brought to a standstill because some of you have guns?
Interesting

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #116
CamelBiscuit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 11 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
So you're saying a foreign army equipped with jets, tanks, rockets, warships, bombers will be brought to a standstill because some of you have guns?
Interesting
Syria has been going on for over a year now. Looks like those jets, tanks, rockets, warships, bombers are not working there.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #117
ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
Quote:
Interesting
Actually, yeah. Some of the documented concerns of enemies in the past when considering land occupation of the US was the heavily armed populace. We ay have forgotten, but within the last 200 years, we've had some pretty good fighting over here too - even with ourselves.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #118
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Interesting
It's a lot more than "some."
      08-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #119
straight_six
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 128 cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Frighteningly so. But in all honesty, you don't think that the guy holed-up in Idaho with his arsenal of weapons, waiting for the wave of Sharia-law-indoctrinating Arabs to occupy the US, is more than slightly insane?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #120
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight_six View Post
Frighteningly so. But in all honesty, you don't think that the guy holed-up in Idaho with his arsenal of weapons, waiting for the wave of Sharia-law-indoctrinating Arabs to occupy the US, is more than slightly insane?
What does that have to do with anything we're talking about here?

There are many law abiding, gun carrying citizens in our country, and that's what makes our country great and almost impossible to invade. I own weapons for hunting and a couple for defense in the home. I'll take my chances and fight for myself if I need to. I'm not going to rely on someone else to save my life. I laugh at the people who rely on the cops to save them. They'll be there in just minutes, when you have only seconds to spare...

But there is another thread for gun law debate somewhere else...
      08-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #121
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

There are many law abiding, gun carrying citizens in our country, and that's what makes our country great and almost impossible to invade.
what makes your country impossible to invade is the guys up north can't do jack shit
and the ones down below are too busy killing themselves

basically you have no geographically close enemies
unless you count cuba

not becase you all have some pistols and shotguns

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #122
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelBiscuit View Post
Syria has been going on for over a year now. Looks like those jets, tanks, rockets, warships, bombers are not working there.
syria is not a war, it's a government trying to put down an uprising
just like the israelis with their M-16s have had very little luck in silencing the palestinians who throw rocks at them.

but we are taking about an invasion, an all out military attack.
which means your enemy has no issue with sending bombers to bomb your large cities, which makes all those guns useless

what you guys are saying may have been true back in the days of the founding fathers
but it is no longer the case
war has moved on from pistols and swords
now you may be losing to an enemy that you can't see dropping bombs on you or firing rockets at your cities

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #123
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
doesn't really matter, even if we're talking 10 guns per resident
if the enemy is dropping bombs on you, the guns are useless
irrespective of the number of guns, or how powerful they are

rockets/bombs > guns

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #124
straight_six
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 128 cab

Quote:
there is another thread for gun law debate somewhere else...
I made no reference to the gun law debate, I was commenting on this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranic335i View Post
Lol yup if somebody tries to invade/Occupy US, we will make Iraq look like disneyland.
I find it bizarre that so many Americans actually have these demented discussions about being overtaken, and then their bretheran say "right-on!".

I've made no comments about gun ownership, either for sport or protection; it's no different than liking sports cars in my opinion. But this US invasion conspiracy must make us look like the laughing stock of the world.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #125
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Interesting
I guess you never heard of the French resistance during World War II..? They may have been occupied by the Germans and poorly armed. But they did one heck of a number on them for what they had.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #126
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:

rockets/bombs > guns
What's the point of invading and taking over some place if you're going to destroy it with rockets and bombs?

We get it, you don't like guns, but this isn't the thread to debate that in... I think you already made your dislike for the Second Amendment well known in the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight_six View Post
I made no reference to the gun law debate, I was commenting on this
I find it bizarre that so many Americans actually have these demented discussions about being overtaken, and then their bretheran say "right-on!".

I've made no comments about gun ownership, either for sport or protection; it's no different than liking sports cars in my opinion. But this US invasion conspiracy must make us look like the laughing stock of the world.
How many people actually talk about being overtaken by another country seriously? Very few I bet. I think most logical people know the US couldn't be invaded sucessfully anyway.

What is the reason you feel that "so many Americans" have that thought? It was one post in a thread of six pages, and a couple people simply agreed (most likely out of the original intent of the Second Amendment). After all, it was created in part to protect us from oppressive governments. I don't think it's a "conspiracy" as you say it is. I would bet that the overwhelming majority of gun ownership in the US is for sport or home protection, and not that Ivan is out to get us.
      08-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #127
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Rockets/bombs > guns
After your enemy has to stop dropping bombs and rockets to occupy the ground with his troops, he is then vulnerable to small arms. Then the playing field is level. If you have any questions about this concept in modern warfare, ask the Vietnamese.

Last edited by mspeasl; 08-27-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #128
Fox128i
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Drives: 2012 E82

Garage List
2012 128i  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
After your enemy has to stop dropping bombs and rockets to occupy the ground with his troops, he is then vulnerable to small arms. Then the playing field is level. If you have any questions about this concept in modern warfare, ask the Vietnamese.
I was about to say something along those lines, but you summed it up quite well. Never underestimate a highly motivated adversary fighting on his home turf.

08-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #129
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
What's the point of invading and taking over some place if you're going to destroy it with rockets and bombs?

We get it, you don't like guns, but this isn't the thread to debate that in... I think you already made your dislike for the Second Amendment well known in the other thread.

How many people actually talk about being overtaken by another country seriously? Very few I bet. I think most logical people know the US couldn't be invaded sucessfully anyway.

What is the reason you feel that "so many Americans" have that thought? It was one post in a thread of six pages, and a couple people simply agreed (most likely out of the original intent of the Second Amendment). After all, it was created in part to protect us from oppressive governments. I don't think it's a "conspiracy" as you say it is. I would bet that the overwhelming majority of gun ownership in the US is for sport or home protection, and not that Ivan is out to get us.
Zombies. Don't forget the zombies.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #130
CamelBiscuit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 11 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
syria is not a war, it's a government trying to put down an uprising
just like the israelis with their M-16s have had very little luck in silencing the palestinians who throw rocks at them.

but we are taking about an invasion, an all out military attack.
which means your enemy has no issue with sending bombers to bomb your large cities, which makes all those guns useless

what you guys are saying may have been true back in the days of the founding fathers
but it is no longer the case
war has moved on from pistols and swords
now you may be losing to an enemy that you can't see dropping bombs on you or firing rockets at your cities
Syria is military against civilians. Period dot. One has full on military equipment and the other does not.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #131
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelBiscuit View Post
Syria is military against civilians. Period dot. One has full on military equipment and the other does not.
Yeah
That's still not an invasion though

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #132
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
I guess you never heard of the French resistance during World War II..? They may have been occupied by the Germans and poorly armed. But they did one heck of a number on them for what they had.
But they lost in the end
That's like remember that team that put up a good fight at the super bowl?
Well yeah they lost but what a show right!

Appreciate 0