E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > led number plate bulbs



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Tyso335
Captain
Tyso335's Avatar
13
Rep
845
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.K

iTrader: (0)

led number plate bulbs

has anyone bought any of these and are they any good and if so where did they get them?

there are a few different sorts on ebay and im not sure.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
parapaul
Colonel
parapaul's Avatar
United Kingdom
38
Rep
2,216
Posts

 
Drives: E91 330d M Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stoke on Trent

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I think it's a bit hit and miss tbh. I have a 5 set that I picked up on Amazon that work perfectly. Other people using the same bulbs are getting warning messages. Doesn't seem to be related to the age or shape of the car, just pot luck.
__________________
Just how many Yorkshire sheep can you fit inside one exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
Tyso335
Captain
Tyso335's Avatar
13
Rep
845
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.K

iTrader: (0)

ok cheers mate
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
72
Rep
4,992
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

I bought mine of Teddy at SSDD and love them. I thought they were rly bright at first but in hindsight would never go back to OEM lights. 25 fitted They will last forever so yeah
Check his wesbite.. SSDD Motorsport
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
Tyso335
Captain
Tyso335's Avatar
13
Rep
845
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.K

iTrader: (0)

oh yeh just checked them out i werent sure wether to get that sort of replacement or just the bulbs, how comes urs were 25 haha there 29 online
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
72
Rep
4,992
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

You can go for just the bulbs in which case they can work out cheaper as the chap above has stated or can replace the whole unit, which is what I decided to do. Literally took about 20 seconds to take the OEM ones out and click the LEDs in place LOL. Well if you ask nicely he may just let you off a few bob here there lol Plus I had gone to see him (30mile trip) so he was kind enough to knock something off. I'll also be ordering front aero splitter and M3 rear lip off him in the next few months so repeat business ey. Lots of people vouch for Teddy on here and he is a rly helpful guy :-)
BTW are you coming to Gaydon? We'll all be on the EvoTechnik Stand (my 1st meet ever so try to come if poss). There is a thread floating about somewhere on here..
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
Tyso335
Captain
Tyso335's Avatar
13
Rep
845
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.K

iTrader: (0)

yeh i reckon changing the whole unit is the way forward, ive got my eye on front splitter rear spoiler and few other bits off teddys website so ill be back plenty of times

nope ive not heard of this meet where abouts is gaydon? im from essex is it far? oh and where is teds shop then?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
72
Rep
4,992
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyso335 View Post
yeh i reckon changing the whole unit is the way forward, ive got my eye on front splitter rear spoiler and few other bits off teddys website so ill be back plenty of times

nope ive not heard of this meet where abouts is gaydon? im from essex is it far? oh and where is teds shop then?
hahah, like it! Its so addictive!! Gaydon is hosting a BMW only fest (near Warwick) on Sunday 19th August from early morning til around 2pm ish. I'll ask Teddy if there are any more tickets and let you know if you're interested. I'm from near Guildford so further out thatn yourself but have wanted to go to a meet for a while and finally got round to it - it's gonna be One big meet with lots of people going, from Old school E30s to new school M3's etc etc.. chance to practice some photography LOL.

Teddy's based in Staines, Egham.. do you know where that is? Feel free to give him a call he's a nice chap and gives very sound advice. Can't remember the amount of times i've called him to ask about things from Springs to Coils to Lights.. he's got the lot. He also recently signed up with BC coilovers so best talk to him for advice and tell him what you're after and i'm sure he could help.

The other company which i found instrumental courtesy of P5UML on here was Corby Motorsport, open til 10pm!! Called them up and said I want a drop on the car and have been offered 2nd hand coils and he was not at all annoyed that I won't be buying off him.. it's people like those you want to know and talk to ... makes me actually wanna buy off him next time as there's no hard sale.
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #9
Tyso335
Captain
Tyso335's Avatar
13
Rep
845
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.K

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
hahah, like it! Its so addictive!! Gaydon is hosting a BMW only fest (near Warwick) on Sunday 19th August from early morning til around 2pm ish. I'll ask Teddy if there are any more tickets and let you know if you're interested. I'm from near Guildford so further out thatn yourself but have wanted to go to a meet for a while and finally got round to it - it's gonna be One big meet with lots of people going, from Old school E30s to new school M3's etc etc.. chance to practice some photography LOL.

Teddy's based in Staines, Egham.. do you know where that is? Feel free to give him a call he's a nice chap and gives very sound advice. Can't remember the amount of times i've called him to ask about things from Springs to Coils to Lights.. he's got the lot. He also recently signed up with BC coilovers so best talk to him for advice and tell him what you're after and i'm sure he could help.

The other company which i found instrumental courtesy of P5UML on here was Corby Motorsport, open til 10pm!! Called them up and said I want a drop on the car and have been offered 2nd hand coils and he was not at all annoyed that I won't be buying off him.. it's people like those you want to know and talk to ... makes me actually wanna buy off him next time as there's no hard sale.
ahh im working on the 19th got job booked in unfortunately thanks though, any other meets i will come to, maybe we could get a meet going down at blue water or brands hatch one nite??

they both sound like very handy people to no i will defenatly look into both companies thanks for ur advice mate very helpful.

when i was on the evo forum with my old car it was just full of the same idiots tht all new each other being really pally and not helping out or just taking the mick outta you was stupid.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
72
Rep
4,992
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

No worries bud, always good to meet the people on here :-) I'm still learning my way through so you can never have too many contacts lol. Yeah bluewater sounds good to me, hopefully can get a meet organised soon. Right, I'm off but probably see me lurking around a lil later. Sam.
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #11
Tyso335
Captain
Tyso335's Avatar
13
Rep
845
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.K

iTrader: (0)

yeh hopefuly we can get a thread goin for a meet or something. yeh im off to cheers for ur advice mate.

tyson
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 03:53 AM   #12
yeti racing
Second Lieutenant
yeti racing's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
229
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 330d M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Herts

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
I bought mine of Teddy at SSDD and love them. I thought they were rly bright at first but in hindsight would never go back to OEM lights. 25 fitted They will last forever so yeah
Check his wesbite.. SSDD Motorsport
How do they look against the standard rear lights at night? Do they overpower the rear end.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 04:01 AM   #13
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
72
Rep
4,992
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

I'll post up some pics tonight baring in mind mine's Pre LCI though :-)
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 04:03 AM   #14
yeti racing
Second Lieutenant
yeti racing's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
229
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 330d M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Herts

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
I'll post up some pics tonight baring in mind mine's Pre LCI though :-)
Perfect! Mines also Pre LCI (albeit a E90).
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 04:17 AM   #15
Dizzle
Major
Dizzle's Avatar
United Kingdom
15
Rep
1,151
Posts

 
Drives: 320d M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK, Staffordshire

iTrader: (0)

Fitted mine last night, thankfully no errors, 3 SMD LED, plenty bright enough looks very oem to me.

From http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2306433501...ht_3361wt_1271

LED on the right, halogen to the left for comparison
Attached Images
 
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 05:50 AM   #16
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
72
Rep
4,992
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

Yes Tyso, looks good mate!
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #17
-TARBY-
Private First Class
-TARBY-'s Avatar
England
1
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: 07 330d M Sport Saloon 6 Speed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orpington

iTrader: (0)

I've got simple 3led direct replacements with no errors and paid about 6 on fleabay.. Against silver the white light looks coolies.
__________________
2007(07) : e90 - 330d - M Sport - Saloon - 6 Speed
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #18
Tyso335
Captain
Tyso335's Avatar
13
Rep
845
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.K

iTrader: (0)

cheers lads
__________________

Fuel of the Devil
NOW: E92 335d M Sport lots of mods to come...
Gone But Not Forgotten: EVO 8 MR FQ340 Running 370bhp
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #19
Frobius
Captain
Frobius's Avatar
United Kingdom
11
Rep
976
Posts

 
Drives: E91 330d M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntingdon, UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Yep, those canbus ones with the 3 SMDs are what I got and they're great. The 25 are too expensive and are like fucking headlights they're so bright!!
__________________

57 Sapphire Black E91 330d M-Sport
Privacy Glass // Leather // Heated Seats // Bluetooth // Blacklines // BMWP Gloss Black Grille // Alpine HiFi // LCI Headlights
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #20
Tyso335
Captain
Tyso335's Avatar
13
Rep
845
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.K

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frobius View Post
Yep, those canbus ones with the 3 SMDs are what I got and they're great. The 25 are too expensive and are like fucking headlights they're so bright!!
got mine from ssdd mate look awsome
__________________

Fuel of the Devil
NOW: E92 335d M Sport lots of mods to come...
Gone But Not Forgotten: EVO 8 MR FQ340 Running 370bhp
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #21
cp2708
Private
cp2708's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 325i, 2012 C63 AMG
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Saw a M3 on the M1 the other day that had number plate lights like daytime running lights. Way too bright and looked stupid.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #22
Tyso335
Captain
Tyso335's Avatar
13
Rep
845
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.K

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp2708 View Post
Saw a M3 on the M1 the other day that had number plate lights like daytime running lights. Way too bright and looked stupid.
each to there own suppose mate, some times gives it a classy look too
__________________

Fuel of the Devil
NOW: E92 335d M Sport lots of mods to come...
Gone But Not Forgotten: EVO 8 MR FQ340 Running 370bhp
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST