E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Transfer Case Upgrade Possibilities



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #45
pits200
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
33
Rep
1,916
Posts

 
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Sorry guys, works been killer.

Does anyone have time to filter through and update the "donation" list.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #46
UltraRacer13
Wannabe Track Rat
UltraRacer13's Avatar
British Virgin Islands
19
Rep
911
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335xi e92 MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Add me for $25
__________________

XI | COBB | AST | Vorshlag | PFC | STETT | StopTech | Apex | DCI
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #47
Rob.K
Private First Class
Rob.K's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
134
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post
Sorry guys, works been killer.

Does anyone have time to filter through and update the "donation" list.
1.) Pits200
2.) Nailer335
3.) KontroversyXI
4.) Tahoedr
5.) UDM335Xdrive
6.) Mattsfeir
7.) 335(EX)(EYE)
8.) King mode
9.) BES335xi
10.) drfrink24
11.) Rob.K
12.) UltraRacer13
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #48
pits200
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
33
Rep
1,916
Posts

 
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

1.) Pits200
2.) Nailer335
3.) KontroversyXI
4.) Tahoedr
5.) UDM335Xdrive
6.) Mattsfeir
7.) 335(EX)(EYE)
8.) King mode
9.) BES335xi
10.) drfrink24
11.) Rob.K
12.) UltraRacer13
13.) CarlMorris

=$325 (Probably need around $400 for a used TC plus shipping)
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #49
nospoolin
Private
nospoolin's Avatar
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: WTB E92
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (1)

Count me in:


1.) Pits200
2.) Nailer335
3.) KontroversyXI
4.) Tahoedr
5.) UDM335Xdrive
6.) Mattsfeir
7.) 335(EX)(EYE)
8.) King mode
9.) BES335xi
10.) drfrink24
11.) Rob.K
12.) UltraRacer13
13.) CarlMorris
14.) nospoolin
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #50
Slops
Major General
Slops's Avatar
South Africa
61
Rep
5,367
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

iTrader: (2)

Count me in:


1.) Pits200
2.) Nailer335
3.) KontroversyXI
4.) Tahoedr
5.) UDM335Xdrive
6.) Mattsfeir
7.) 335(EX)(EYE)
8.) King mode
9.) BES335xi
10.) drfrink24
11.) Rob.K
12.) UltraRacer13
13.) CarlMorris
14.) nospoolin
15.) Slopp
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #51
Carl Morris
Captain
7
Rep
639
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

Talked to Jack. He doesn't know at the moment if there's anywhere local he can find a junkyard or broken Tcase but he'll keep his eye out. In the meantime if anybody has a broken one to send to him he'll tear into it. And of course trannys are always welcome if anybody wants him to look at a 6MT.

One question he had is what's the policy on this forum for shop owners to come in here and gather info as a private individual without paying a vendor fee? He said he'd register and discuss it here if he can do it for free until it's time to actually sell a product.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 05:12 AM   #52
nailer335
Captain
nailer335's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
690
Posts

 
Drives: alpine '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Morris
Talked to Jack. He doesn't know at the moment if there's anywhere local he can find a junkyard or broken Tcase but he'll keep his eye out. In the meantime if anybody has a broken one to send to him he'll tear into it. And of course trannys are always welcome if anybody wants him to look at a 6MT.

One question he had is what's the policy on this forum for shop owners to come in here and gather info as a private individual without paying a vendor fee? He said he'd register and discuss it here if he can do it for free until it's time to actually sell a product.
Id have him do so under a normal name (instead of "____@JacksTransmissions" or whatever) so that he can get the data/information he needs for the project. He wouldn't be a vendor unless he were selling things, I would think? Plus, its doubtful that moderators have seen the xi section of the forum in months probably.

Thanks for the update- hope to see him here soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #53
Slops
Major General
Slops's Avatar
South Africa
61
Rep
5,367
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer335 View Post
Id have him do so under a normal name (instead of "____@JacksTransmissions" or whatever) so that he can get the data/information he needs for the project. He wouldn't be a vendor unless he were selling things, I would think? Plus, its doubtful that moderators have seen the xi section of the forum in months probably.

Thanks for the update- hope to see him here soon.
+1, as long as he is not trying to push a product via marketing etc. but rather a normal guy helping out until he has a product to sell then its probably time for vendor status.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #54
Carl Morris
Captain
7
Rep
639
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

I agree that it's logical that he shouldn't need to pay a vendor fee until he's actually trying to sell something, but sometimes logic has nothing to do with it. I just hoped that maybe somebody here had seen this happen already and knew for sure what the policy was. I could try to get in contact with the forum owner...
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #55
nailer335
Captain
nailer335's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
690
Posts

 
Drives: alpine '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Morris
I agree that it's logical that he shouldn't need to pay a vendor fee until he's actually trying to sell something, but sometimes logic has nothing to do with it. I just hoped that maybe somebody here had seen this happen already and knew for sure what the policy was. I could try to get in contact with the forum owner...
Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. You may be more morally sound than I- but given what I've seen out of the moderators, they seem to prioritize money over forum quality. Your call, being as you know Jack. I'm excited to see what he can do.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #56
nospoolin
Private
nospoolin's Avatar
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: WTB E92
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (1)

Well, i refuse to let this die, As i want to make power without grenading my Transfer Case.

I had a massdrop group buy setup for us.

http://massdrop.com/bmw-transfer-case-upgrade-project

Hopefully we can get this going without dieing!

Last edited by nospoolin; 08-28-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #57
Rob.K
Private First Class
Rob.K's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
134
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospoolin View Post
Well, i refuse to let this die, As i want to pay power without grenading my Transfer Case.

I had a massdrop group buy setup for us.

http://massdrop.com/bmw-transfer-case-upgrade-project

Hopefully we can get this going without dieing!
My $25 is in
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #58
nospoolin
Private
nospoolin's Avatar
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: WTB E92
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.K View Post
My $25 is in
As is mine. 18 More to go!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #59
mattsfeir
Lieutenant
United_States
7
Rep
444
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: CO

iTrader: (1)

$25 in
__________________
2007 335xi 6AT / Vishnu Procede V5 / Vishnu DCI / Vishnu Meth kit (PWM) / AR Catless downpipes / Borla racing pipes with Magnaflow muffler / Borla exhaust system / AMS intercooler

Best 1/4 time = 12.975 @ 107.15, 1.763 60' at Bandimere Speedway (5800' above sea level)
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #60
Quebequer
Private First Class
Canada
1
Rep
140
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Quebec, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospoolin View Post
Well, i refuse to let this die, As i want to make power without grenading my Transfer Case.

I had a massdrop group buy setup for us.

http://massdrop.com/bmw-transfer-case-upgrade-project

Hopefully we can get this going without dieing!
Do we need to register?
__________________
2008 BMW 335xi MT e90
JB4 G5, WW meth kit, turbonetics intercooler, DCI, UR catted dp's, UR catback, koni yellow + H&R springs, Rieger front bumper, Avant Garde 19" wheels
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #61
nospoolin
Private
nospoolin's Avatar
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: WTB E92
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebequer View Post
Do we need to register?
I believe you do, I used facebook it was quick and easy.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #62
pits200
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
33
Rep
1,916
Posts

 
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

In... $25 sent.

And yes, it's very simple to sign up. I used facebook then a direct link to paypal, took me all of 3 minutes.

We can find a transfer case in the $300 range, it doesn't need to be working in pristine condition.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #63
nospoolin
Private
nospoolin's Avatar
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: WTB E92
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post
In... $25 sent.

And yes, it's very simple to sign up. I used facebook then a direct link to paypal, took me all of 3 minutes.

We can find a transfer case in the $300 range, it doesn't need to be working in pristine condition.
Same thing, i was thinking. Right now the group buy is set to 20 people. maybe lower it?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #64
Slops
Major General
Slops's Avatar
South Africa
61
Rep
5,367
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

iTrader: (2)

Mine is in... 5 so far
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #65
nospoolin
Private
nospoolin's Avatar
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: WTB E92
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopp View Post
Mine is in... 5 so far
I am excite. Transfer case that will not grenade after sustained launches, Yes please!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #66
Massdrop
Private
Massdrop's Avatar
3
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northern California

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys. Glad we could help in any way. If anybody's got any questions about this or wants to make a request, just PM me
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST