E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Daily Driver Review: Performance Power Kit S1 - N55 335i



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #287
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BMW_Belgier's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335xi n55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliditude View Post
Yeah, I noticed the same exact effect after the PPK and loved it! The exhaust should be stock that way. But yeah, in your case, I would not be concerned with car mods at all, lol.
Just you wait untill you hear a PE combined with the PPK
__________________
BEFORE: 130i N52 (2006-2011)
NOW: 335xi N55 (2011- )
BMW_Belgier is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #288
Soliditude
First Lieutenant
 
Soliditude's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 341
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Belgier View Post
Just you wait untill you hear a PE combined with the PPK

You're really making me want to get it. How is it for the interior? Does it drone any of the plastics and make them rattle? That is the biggest issue with exhausts for me. I assume, however, this being a factory exhuast, it should be near-perfect.
__________________
'11 6AT 335i xDrive ///M BMW PPK Stage 1
Soliditude is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #289
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BMW_Belgier's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335xi n55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliditude View Post
You're really making me want to get it. How is it for the interior? Does it drone any of the plastics and make them rattle? That is the biggest issue with exhausts for me. I assume, however, this being a factory exhuast, it should be near-perfect.
It is near perfect! You can hear it but certainly no drone or something! BMW did a hell of a job! The sound makes you wanna drive the car even more! It is just a complete other car! And if you want peace, you just close the windows...

This is my #1 mod i ever did! And i'm not 20 anymore... (not that old )

BUY IT
__________________
BEFORE: 130i N52 (2006-2011)
NOW: 335xi N55 (2011- )
BMW_Belgier is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #290
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BMW_Belgier's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335xi n55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (0)

I have to put something clear here! I get a bit carried away sometimes

The PE is a Performance Sport Exhaust! It will make your car louder! It will transform your car into another type of car. An exhaust mod is a mod that shows to others that you drive a sporty car. And it sounds as one afterwarts

You will hear more exhaust sound in every RPM whenever you Rev it. Drone is a big word! I had a Remus once that could drive me crazy sometimes... The PE has very short moments, especially in low RPM in high gear when you push the throttle hard, were there is a "hint" of drone. But really not drone or rattling as you know it from lot of manufacturers!!!

For other people, your car will be loud! You will not think so with windows up. With windows down, you will hear the concert of 6-in-line But you will never hear it like others around you... Keep this in mind.

The PPK makes it burble and pop a lot. I like it that you can let it burble with the tip of your feet

I find it Did you check YouTube?
__________________
BEFORE: 130i N52 (2006-2011)
NOW: 335xi N55 (2011- )
BMW_Belgier is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #291
chrisk03
Private First Class
 
chrisk03's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northeast

Posts: 126
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Belgier View Post
I have to put something clear here! I get a bit carried away sometimes

The PE is a Performance Sport Exhaust! It will make your car louder! It will transform your car into another type of car. An exhaust mod is a mod that shows to others that you drive a sporty car. And it sounds as one afterwarts

You will hear more exhaust sound in every RPM whenever you Rev it. Drone is a big word! I had a Remus once that could drive me crazy sometimes... The PE has very short moments, especially in low RPM in high gear when you push the throttle hard, were there is a "hint" of drone. But really not drone or rattling as you know it from lot of manufacturers!!!

For other people, your car will be loud! You will not think so with windows up. With windows down, you will hear the concert of 6-in-line But you will never hear it like others around you... Keep this in mind.

The PPK makes it burble and pop a lot. I like it that you can let it burble with the tip of your feet

I find it Did you check YouTube?
Good description. I've got some clips over on YouTube...under chrisk335. It is aural delight.
__________________
2011 335i M-Sport, BMW Performance Powerkit Version 1, BMW Performance Exhaust (FOR SALE), 35% F1 Pinnacle Tint
chrisk03 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 04:19 AM   #292
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BMW_Belgier's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335xi n55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk03 View Post
Good description. I've got some clips over on YouTube...under chrisk335. It is aural delight.
I saw you vids before i had my PE

THX
__________________
BEFORE: 130i N52 (2006-2011)
NOW: 335xi N55 (2011- )
BMW_Belgier is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #293
Soliditude
First Lieutenant
 
Soliditude's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 341
iTrader: (0)

I'm really wanting this after reading your description, Belgier. Sounds like the exact perfection I look for in an exhaust.
__________________
'11 6AT 335i xDrive ///M BMW PPK Stage 1
Soliditude is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #294
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BMW_Belgier's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335xi n55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliditude View Post
I'm really wanting this after reading your description, Belgier. Sounds like the exact perfection I look for in an exhaust.
You will like it NO! You will love it

The PE will increase the usage of your window
__________________
BEFORE: 130i N52 (2006-2011)
NOW: 335xi N55 (2011- )
BMW_Belgier is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #295
youngb4
Private
 
youngb4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 94
iTrader: (0)

Just Feeding the Fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliditude View Post
I'm really wanting this after reading your description, Belgier. Sounds like the exact perfection I look for in an exhaust.
I've lurked on this thread since it started and have been tempted to run out the door to the dealership and get the PPK1 installed stat! Although I haven't accomplished that yet, I did just have the BMW PE installed and all I can say is wow . I agree with everything Belgier has said; you can really tell this exhaust was designed for our cars, it accentuates everything in a positive way, and isn't intrusive (unless you want it to be and mash the throttle ). Expensive, yes, but IMO, money well spent; my car now sounds like what I think a sport coupe should.

I have to say, I may be even more tempted to get the PPK1 and see what that does to my driving experience . I currently am running an older version of the N55 DME software (Dec. 2010 build) so I still get burbles and pops on downshifts or coasting. It's my understanding that the new DME software update eliminates it, and the PPK1 adds it again . I wonder if the burble/pop inherent with the PPK1 would be more noticeable than what I currently experience? I really like that sound (especially post BMW PE) and would hate to lose it in a software update, so the PPK1 may allow that to become permanent (along with a lil boost in performance of course ). Hope I'm not getting too off topic!
__________________
2011 335i XDrive Coupe: 335is Kidney Grills | Fog Delete w/ 335is Duct Grills | BMW Performance Exhaust
youngb4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #296
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BMW_Belgier's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335xi n55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngb4 View Post
I've lurked on this thread since it started and have been tempted to run out the door to the dealership and get the PPK1 installed stat! Although I haven't accomplished that yet, I did just have the BMW PE installed and all I can say is wow . I agree with everything Belgier has said; you can really tell this exhaust was designed for our cars, it accentuates everything in a positive way, and isn't intrusive (unless you want it to be and mash the throttle ). Expensive, yes, but IMO, money well spent; my car now sounds like what I think a sport coupe should.

I have to say, I may be even more tempted to get the PPK1 and see what that does to my driving experience . I currently am running an older version of the N55 DME software (Dec. 2010 build) so I still get burbles and pops on downshifts or coasting. It's my understanding that the new DME software update eliminates it, and the PPK1 adds it again . I wonder if the burble/pop inherent with the PPK1 would be more noticeable than what I currently experience? I really like that sound (especially post BMW PE) and would hate to lose it in a software update, so the PPK1 may allow that to become permanent (along with a lil boost in performance of course ). Hope I'm not getting too off topic!
THX

I really can't tell you because i already hat the PE before i upgraded the DME with the PPK software... I know that the pops are pretty loud! You can hear them from inside if you're driving in the city...

I BIG LIKE
__________________
BEFORE: 130i N52 (2006-2011)
NOW: 335xi N55 (2011- )
BMW_Belgier is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #297
chrisk03
Private First Class
 
chrisk03's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northeast

Posts: 126
iTrader: (2)

For those that have the PPK, have you seen or can verify that the update is noted/listed in BMW's system, so dealers know it's installed in your car? I took my car to my purchasing dealer for service today and they didn't see anything in their systems. I had the PPK installed at another dealer, closer to me, and it shows on the invoice, but sounds like it may not have made it into what I'll call the overall BMW computer system. I think it may only be showing on the local dealer computer system.

Any thoughts? I've got a call into the local dealer that installed it. Just don't want to miss any updates, etc. in the future.
__________________
2011 335i M-Sport, BMW Performance Powerkit Version 1, BMW Performance Exhaust (FOR SALE), 35% F1 Pinnacle Tint
chrisk03 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #298
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BMW_Belgier's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335xi n55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk03 View Post
For those that have the PPK, have you seen or can verify that the update is noted/listed in BMW's system, so dealers know it's installed in your car? I took my car to my purchasing dealer for service today and they didn't see anything in their systems. I had the PPK installed at another dealer, closer to me, and it shows on the invoice, but sounds like it may not have made it into what I'll call the overall BMW computer system. I think it may only be showing on the local dealer computer system.

Any thoughts? I've got a call into the local dealer that installed it. Just don't want to miss any updates, etc. in the future.
Are you sure you have the PPK installed correctly? Does the exhaust pop and burble a lot more?

There are some stickers in the engine bay that says: BMW Power Kit...
__________________
BEFORE: 130i N52 (2006-2011)
NOW: 335xi N55 (2011- )
BMW_Belgier is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #299
chrisk03
Private First Class
 
chrisk03's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northeast

Posts: 126
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Belgier View Post
Are you sure you have the PPK installed correctly? Does the exhaust pop and burble a lot more?

There are some stickers in the engine bay that says: BMW Power Kit...
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's installed correctly and I do have the pops and burbles. I also had a dyno run done after installing and it showed the huge 5hp bump... .

Oh, also, the dealer that installed it called me back and gave me some line about each dealer being independently owned and it's in their system, but probably wouldn't show in the overall BMW system because it was not an "ordered" item or under warranty...whatever the hell that means. I didn't really want to argue with her because honestly it sounded like she was making it up as she went along and didn't really understand what I was getting at. Could tell by her tone she was getting annoyed.

Guess I'll just wait until next service and ask the dealer I do my service at to see if they can do a "scan" of the DME and see if there. I do have all the stickers, etc., just paranoid I guess and don't want to miss any updates, if any. Thx!
__________________
2011 335i M-Sport, BMW Performance Powerkit Version 1, BMW Performance Exhaust (FOR SALE), 35% F1 Pinnacle Tint
chrisk03 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #300
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BMW_Belgier's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335xi n55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk03 View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's installed correctly and I do have the pops and burbles. I also had a dyno run done after installing and it showed the huge 5hp bump... .

Oh, also, the dealer that installed it called me back and gave me some line about each dealer being independently owned and it's in their system, but probably wouldn't show in the overall BMW system because it was not an "ordered" item or under warranty...whatever the hell that means. I didn't really want to argue with her because honestly it sounded like she was making it up as she went along and didn't really understand what I was getting at. Could tell by her tone she was getting annoyed.

Guess I'll just wait until next service and ask the dealer I do my service at to see if they can do a "scan" of the DME and see if there. I do have all the stickers, etc., just paranoid I guess and don't want to miss any updates, if any. Thx!
Sorry to hear that you have a BS dealer

I would think that, if your car has a connection to germany (or where ever US customers are connected to) it checks your version of the software and update to the right version... We are 2012...
__________________
BEFORE: 130i N52 (2006-2011)
NOW: 335xi N55 (2011- )
BMW_Belgier is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #301
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BMW_Belgier's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335xi n55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (0)

Soliditude: I have a link for you from a thread in the N54 section...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746885

Get that exhaust already
__________________
BEFORE: 130i N52 (2006-2011)
NOW: 335xi N55 (2011- )
BMW_Belgier is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #302
morphius909
Lieutenant
 
morphius909's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

Posts: 546
iTrader: (0)

PP1/2 = Nice
PE= Nice

PP1/2 + PE = AWESOME!

I can't imagine driving it any way! My son and I were in the car with my son in the back, roof and windows open and my son commented how awesome the turbos and PE sounded.

BTW he's only 7
__________________


2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
morphius909 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #303
SilverEmu
Private First Class
 
SilverEmu's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335i xDrive SE
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ON

Posts: 124
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius909 View Post
PP1/2 = Nice
PE= Nice

PP1/2 + PE = AWESOME!

I can't imagine driving it any way! My son and I were in the car with my son in the back, roof and windows open and my son commented how awesome the turbos and PE sounded.

BTW he's only 7
That is so funny! My son is only 3.5 and he makes a point in coming to the garage almost every time I start the car cold. He likes to hear it, and not just from inside . Favorite comment is : "Dad, your car is angry!", and that is said with a naughty grin on his face

Yes OP, PE is that good, even kids that age appreciate it. My favorite feature is the over-run burble (easier for me to induce, since my car is MT).

It is not only louder than the stock (in a refined way), it brings the engine sound to a different level of sportiness. There is sound coming through at higher rpm, but it's not intrusive or unpleasant. I think PPK and PE is a really nice combo. I know in my case, it's just perfect.
SilverEmu is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #304
ze_german
Autobahn Addict
 
ze_german's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 N55 6MT Msport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I am looking at this too. I dyno'd my 2011 N55 today at EAS in Anaheim and it puts out 291whp and 292ft-lb. It was pretty chilly outside, around 55F so don't know if that puts the number a little higher than usual. I am wondering how much the PPK would bring.
ze_german is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #305
CombatNinja
Defender of the Universe
 
CombatNinja's Avatar
 
Drives: e91 328i, e90 328i, e90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States

Posts: 1,564
iTrader: (0)

PPK typically adds 20-25 wheel horsepower and 25-30 wheel torque--or a bit more than the claimed 20hp/32tq crank number. Of course, I have never seen any BMW literature that specifies these numbers as crank horsepower so perhaps the factory is just stating the numbers they had from dyno development. Because dynos show right in that range consistently.
CombatNinja is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #306
sdawg11
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2013 335i Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SF

Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

does anyone know what the typical dealer charge for the BMW PE costs?
sdawg11 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #307
Dozhdbog
Major
 
Dozhdbog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hollywood

Posts: 1,404
iTrader: (0)

I had the stage 2 PPK installed for about 3 grand(parts+labor), which I think is pricey, but my car is a base model 335i sedan which technically wasn't supposed to have that installed in the first place so it needed additional items. It took them a while to sort it all out.
__________________
2011 E90 / Premium Package / Stage 2 PPK / Performance Suspension

Last edited by Dozhdbog; 02-12-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Dozhdbog is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #308
chrisk03
Private First Class
 
chrisk03's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northeast

Posts: 126
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdawg11 View Post
does anyone know what the typical dealer charge for the BMW PE costs?
Cost me $125 + tax for the PE install...about an hour labor charge, but it actually took a little longer than that. This was in PA.
__________________
2011 335i M-Sport, BMW Performance Powerkit Version 1, BMW Performance Exhaust (FOR SALE), 35% F1 Pinnacle Tint
chrisk03 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST