Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > E92 coupe Offset information - Everyone with aftermarket rims plz chime in !!!!!!!!!!



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.
 
TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %
                     
Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #485
remmib
General
 
remmib's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

Posts: 26,017
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor.ireland360 View Post
I'm totally new to this kind of thing guys and I'm just thinking can someone please put what each number is I.e stands for and what it is in very lay mans meanings thanks like what do all the numbers mean
Number and writing on tires, just click on the different descriptions to read more.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=33

Offset.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=101
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3D Design Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
remmib is online now   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #486
joec500
Brigadier General
 
Drives: it has 4 wheels
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 3,004
iTrader: (10)

has anyone run VMR 701's 19x9.5 et22 's with Michelin PSS's on the rear of an E92 coupe? I am currently running this setup with FK452's without rubbing, I was wondering how much more space Michelins PSS require? Perhaps I should go with a 255 rear tire instead of a 265?
joec500 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #487
Signal513
Sarging 24/7
 
Signal513's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 TiAg, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 359
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I am rolling my rear fenders this weekend and am wondering what size spacer I can use without running camber outside of factory recommendations.

Rear:
19x10 et 38mm
265/30/19 Hankook Ventus

Dropped on ST1s

Could I run a 5mm with the rolling or would I be able to push it up to 10mm?

Thanks!
__________________
HIIT and Weight Training:

Last edited by Signal513; 07-03-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Signal513 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #488
joec500
Brigadier General
 
Drives: it has 4 wheels
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 3,004
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal513 View Post
I am rolling my rear fenders this weekend and am wondering what size spacer I can use without running camber outside of factory recommendations.

Rear:
19x10 et 38mm
265/30/19 Hankook Ventus

Dropped on ST1s

Could I run a 5mm with the rolling or would I be able to push it up to 10mm?

Thanks!
With fender rolling you can def run a 5mm spacer and most likely a 10mm spacer.
joec500 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #489
joec500
Brigadier General
 
Drives: it has 4 wheels
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 3,004
iTrader: (10)

So I was able to fit 19x9.5 ET22 with Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 265/30/19 lowered on ST coilovers.

They were originally rubbing. You need to grind down that piece of metal at the edge of the fender where it meets the bumper. When you run your finger in that area it will be obvious what I am talking about.

Now I have NO rubbing with a tire that has a very tall non rounded sidewall on M3 fitment wheels!
joec500 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #490
Signal513
Sarging 24/7
 
Signal513's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 TiAg, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 359
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joec500 View Post
So I was able to fit 19x9.5 ET22 with Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 265/30/19 lowered on ST coilovers.

They were originally rubbing. You need to grind down that piece of metal at the edge of the fender where it meets the bumper. When you run your finger in that area it will be obvious what I am talking about.

Now I have NO rubbing with a tire that has a very tall non rounded sidewall on M3 fitment wheels!
Joe. thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it. I actually have some H&R 10mm spacers sitting around from my ride pre-drop. I will roll the fenders next weekend after all and report back my findings.

Hopefully my 10s work just fine as you mention.
__________________
HIIT and Weight Training:
Signal513 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #491
gonick
Private
 
Drives: e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Richmond

Posts: 60
iTrader: (0)

Will an 18x8.5 et18 on 225/40/18 tire fit on the rear of a 335i that isn't lowered? The size is weird because it's for winter.

Based on the calculator up there it will stick out more than my current style 230s by 13mm. And my research tells me that it should fit fine. I just want confirmation of no rubbing from the experts on this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by gonick; 07-27-2012 at 08:28 PM.
gonick is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #492
curryNrice004
Private
 
Drives: 2012 LMB 335i Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NorCal

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Hey guys,

Looking to see if I can fit a 265 tire in the rear on an lci e92 with 18x9.5 +22? i am on stock suspension and am planning on having fenders rolled, but would like to step up to 265 if i can and not be limited to 255. Thanks!
curryNrice004 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 02:47 AM   #493
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
 
yamazaho's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' E70 X5, 12' E92 335is
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 6,933
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.88]
Send a message via MSN to yamazaho
Bump this thread, just wanna subscribe to this thread for my future references....
__________________
yamazaho is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #494
joec500
Brigadier General
 
Drives: it has 4 wheels
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 3,004
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by curryNrice004 View Post
Hey guys,

Looking to see if I can fit a 265 tire in the rear on an lci e92 with 18x9.5 +22? i am on stock suspension and am planning on having fenders rolled, but would like to step up to 265 if i can and not be limited to 255. Thanks!
A thin sidewall tire like the Falken Fk452 (265/30/19), can make this fit, especially with a fender roll.

I am running 19x9 ET22 with Michelin PSS (SUPER TALL TIRE) and I am rolled and grinded, and I still rub once in a while. When I had FK452's I only rubbed with fat people in the back seat. And I am lowered.
joec500 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #495
curryNrice004
Private
 
Drives: 2012 LMB 335i Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NorCal

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec500 View Post
A thin sidewall tire like the Falken Fk452 (265/30/19), can make this fit, especially with a fender roll.

I am running 19x9 ET22 with Michelin PSS (SUPER TALL TIRE) and I am rolled and grinded, and I still rub once in a while. When I had FK452's I only rubbed with fat people in the back seat. And I am lowered.
Sweet! I'll check out that tire, I was looking at Continentals at first, but may be swayed towards Falken now. Thanks!
curryNrice004 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #496
Flyer
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 e92xi
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Richmond, VA

Posts: 748
iTrader: (8)

I have a great deal on a set of 8.5x20 et 31 and 9.5x20 et35. My concern is that the only tires I can find with close enough rolling diameters are 245/35/20s and 275/30/20s.

I've read through this twice and everything else I can find. I'm guessing this will be very close on my 2011 e92xi. Any help is appreciated.
Flyer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #497
DaFish
2008 335i E92, Almost full mods
 
Drives: 2008 335i E92, Procede V5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 1,063
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
I have a great deal on a set of 8.5x20 et 31 and 9.5x20 et35. My concern is that the only tires I can find with close enough rolling diameters are 245/35/20s and 275/30/20s.

I've read through this twice and everything else I can find. I'm guessing this will be very close on my 2011 e92xi. Any help is appreciated.
Use the tire rack calculator above, not sure if you want to do this or not. The outside diameter is much bigger than stock. I wouldn't do it, never mind if they fit or not. This would be a real trial and error thing.
__________________
2008 335i E92 Black, Procede Rev 2.5 (11-1 map), BMS DCI, AR Catless DPs, AMS FMIC, Procede PWM Meth, Forge DVs, CDV delete, 230s w/ 235/265 Michelin PSS, Dinan S3 susp w/ front/rear M3 arms (4), Wavetrac LSD, Subframe bushings, Dinan Rear Sway, Rogue toe arms, Stoptech Slotted rotors, Stoptech Street pads w/ steel lines
DaFish is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2012, 02:35 AM   #498
Game
Brigadier General
 
Game's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

Posts: 4,900
iTrader: (15)

Rim Width: 9.5/10.5
Rim Diameter: 19
FRONT +20 REAR +22

Guessing these won't fit then?
__________________
Game is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #499
intensee92
Colonel
 
intensee92's Avatar
 
Drives: Your Girl Crazy.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charlotte

Posts: 2,302
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Rim Width: 9.5/10.5
Rim Diameter: 19
FRONT +20 REAR +22

Guessing these won't fit then?
That will fit but the rears will need a roll and possibly a lil more camber than oem spec.

a 225/35 in the front and a 265/30 rear would do you fine. Just as long as you get a tire with a round sidewall like the falken 452.
intensee92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #500
DonJuan360
Private
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

So with those offsets the M5 and 172s should fit ,no ?
DonJuan360 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2012, 03:05 AM   #501
BSe92
Private First Class
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Walnut/Diamond Bar

Posts: 191
iTrader: (0)

Looking to get some TE37SL's was wondering if this would fit. Probably wrapped in Falken 452s
What size tires would you recommend.
I'm lowered on ST coils.

F 18x9.5 ET22
R 18x10.5 ET20

F 18x8.5 ET35
R 18x9.5 ET22
BSe92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #502
Vigorous
First Lieutenant
 
Vigorous's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas

Posts: 370
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSe92 View Post
Looking to get some TE37SL's was wondering if this would fit. Probably wrapped in Falken 452s
What size tires would you recommend.
I'm lowered on ST coils.

F 18x9.5 ET22
R 18x10.5 ET20

F 18x8.5 ET35
R 18x9.5 ET22
I'm also curious on this, but interested in the Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
2007 e92, stock height but will be on ST coilovers soon.
I'm looking at:
F 18x8.5 ET35 - 235/40/18
R 18x9.5 ET22 - 265/35/18

I know I will need fender rolling in the rear.
Thoughts?
__________________
2007 Montego Blue 335i Coupe / VRSF Downpipes / ETS Intercooler / Injen Intake / Alufelgen SF-71 Hyperblack / Orion V4 Angel Eyes / Aero Lip / M3 Side Skirts / CSL Trunk / Roof Spoiler / HID 3000k Fogs / Painted Shadowline Trim / Lowering Perches
Vigorous is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #503
DallasBoosted
Captain
 
DallasBoosted's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas

Posts: 864
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigorous View Post
I'm also curious on this, but interested in the Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
2007 e92, stock height but will be on ST coilovers soon.
I'm looking at:
F 18x8.5 ET35 - 235/40/18
R 18x9.5 ET22 - 265/35/18

I know I will need fender rolling in the rear.
Thoughts?
There's no reason to get the ET22's in the rear. Get the ET35's and just run various spacers. I run 275/35-18 PSS's in the rear on ET35's and no spacers. This way you'd have flexibility. You can space them outwards but you can't space them inwards if you change your mind later.
DallasBoosted is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #504
Cobra0963
Private
 
Drives: 2012 328i E92 M-Sport Package
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Deerfield Beach, Florida

Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)

Guys, 12' E92 owner here with stock M-sport suspension, Im pretty sure the suspension is different at least when I pulled the vin it said M-sport suspension on the build sheet. Anyway Im thinking of going with 8.5 x 20" 235/35/20 w/35 o/s and 9.5 x 20" 275/30/20 w/32 o/s, that puts me about 11mm front and 17mm rear over stock set-up, your thoughts? Also, why is everyone going with 19's and just a few of us are looking at 20's? performance or fitment issues?
Cobra0963 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #505
DaFish
2008 335i E92, Almost full mods
 
Drives: 2008 335i E92, Procede V5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 1,063
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra0963 View Post
Guys, 12' E92 owner here with stock M-sport suspension, Im pretty sure the suspension is different at least when I pulled the vin it said M-sport suspension on the build sheet. Anyway Im thinking of going with 8.5 x 20" 235/35/20 w/35 o/s and 9.5 x 20" 275/30/20 w/32 o/s, that puts me about 11mm front and 17mm rear over stock set-up, your thoughts? Also, why is everyone going with 19's and just a few of us are looking at 20's? performance or fitment issues?
20's would be very thin tires.... not sure about you, but even with non run-flat 19" the suspension still crashes over bumps. 20's look nice, but I am not sure I want to take MORE of a hit to the ride.

Is there any proof that 20's handle better? maybe the lower profile tires give better steering response, but does that translate into better handling? I can't answer that.

Anybody?
__________________
2008 335i E92 Black, Procede Rev 2.5 (11-1 map), BMS DCI, AR Catless DPs, AMS FMIC, Procede PWM Meth, Forge DVs, CDV delete, 230s w/ 235/265 Michelin PSS, Dinan S3 susp w/ front/rear M3 arms (4), Wavetrac LSD, Subframe bushings, Dinan Rear Sway, Rogue toe arms, Stoptech Slotted rotors, Stoptech Street pads w/ steel lines
DaFish is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #506
Vigorous
First Lieutenant
 
Vigorous's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas

Posts: 370
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
There's no reason to get the ET22's in the rear. Get the ET35's and just run various spacers. I run 275/35-18 PSS's in the rear on ET35's and no spacers. This way you'd have flexibility. You can space them outwards but you can't space them inwards if you change your mind later.
Good point! Thanks
__________________
2007 Montego Blue 335i Coupe / VRSF Downpipes / ETS Intercooler / Injen Intake / Alufelgen SF-71 Hyperblack / Orion V4 Angel Eyes / Aero Lip / M3 Side Skirts / CSL Trunk / Roof Spoiler / HID 3000k Fogs / Painted Shadowline Trim / Lowering Perches
Vigorous is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
v715, vmr

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST