E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Spoiler Install help?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #23
shocka1212
Philanthropist
 
shocka1212's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ

Posts: 1,043
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to shocka1212
im in ridgefield. i installed mine with my friend from pal park. it came out good. i didnt use any clamps. what i did was use both 3m tape to keep it in place and used betalink for extra support. if you want,i can show it to you.
shocka1212 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2007, 11:20 PM   #24
nj335i
Modaholic
 
nj335i's Avatar
 
Drives: with 3 pedals
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: East Coast

Posts: 1,699
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
im in ridgefield. i installed mine with my friend from pal park. it came out good. i didnt use any clamps. what i did was use both 3m tape to keep it in place and used betalink for extra support. if you want,i can show it to you.
That'd be pretty cool - when do you have some time? This weekend maybe? The only thing I'm worried about is the corners... I've seen alot of pictures where the corners are kind of screwy...
__________________
Euro Delivery - April 2007

nj335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #25
nj335i
Modaholic
 
nj335i's Avatar
 
Drives: with 3 pedals
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: East Coast

Posts: 1,699
iTrader: (7)

Just installed my carbon fiber spoiler. I got clamps from Home Depot, and it turned out pretty well so far. I used alot of Betalink, so I still have alot of cleaning to do. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to chime in. I've been using Q-Tips and the Betalink Cleaner - takes ALOT of patience.
__________________
Euro Delivery - April 2007

nj335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2007, 10:31 PM   #26
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
 
Bimmer335i07's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ...

Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj335i View Post
Just installed my carbon fiber spoiler. I got clamps from Home Depot, and it turned out pretty well so far. I used alot of Betalink, so I still have alot of cleaning to do. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to chime in. I've been using Q-Tips and the Betalink Cleaner - takes ALOT of patience.
Congrats! Did you take any pics? If not, at least I will be able to see it in person this coming Saturday at the meet.

__________________

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Bimmer335i07 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 08:49 AM   #27
nj335i
Modaholic
 
nj335i's Avatar
 
Drives: with 3 pedals
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: East Coast

Posts: 1,699
iTrader: (7)

No pictures yet - only people at the meet will be able to see it! All the more reason to come to the meet =)
__________________
Euro Delivery - April 2007

nj335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 10:07 AM   #28
fizzle
is it the 5oclock free crack giveaway?
 
fizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: a car
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 17,440
iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to fizzle
yea i cant wait to see it and get more tips from people who have installed it. i will be tackling this as soon as mine gets painted from JMK...along with painted front grille which should look nice!
__________________
Rest In Peace, Dad 7/2/09 Miss you...

contact me for photoshoots/detailing
fizzle is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 10:12 AM   #29
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
 
Bimmer335i07's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ...

Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzle View Post
yea i cant wait to see it and get more tips from people who have installed it. i will be tackling this as soon as mine gets painted from JMK...along with painted front grille which should look nice!
Jamie, let me know when you're going to install your spoiler. I'll stop by and help if you need any. Plus, I might need help installing my roof spoiler. I know that I can do it myself, but it'll be easier if I get a extra set of hands to make it line up perfectly.
__________________

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Bimmer335i07 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 11:11 AM   #30
NewBMWDriver
Private First Class
 
NewBMWDriver's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 325i
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ

Posts: 166
iTrader: (1)

How much was the spoiler? I'm thinking of getting one but don't know how to install it. I leave like 30 mins north from gsp mall, 20 mins from paramus park.
__________________

06 325i - Standard
NewBMWDriver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 11:15 AM   #31
nj335i
Modaholic
 
nj335i's Avatar
 
Drives: with 3 pedals
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: East Coast

Posts: 1,699
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBMWDriver View Post
How much was the spoiler? I'm thinking of getting one but don't know how to install it. I leave like 30 north from gsp mall, 20 mins from paramus park.
$310 plus tax at Morristown BMW. Call the dealership and ask to speak to Rishon at the Internet Sales Department. He's great to work with.
__________________
Euro Delivery - April 2007

nj335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 11:26 AM   #32
fizzle
is it the 5oclock free crack giveaway?
 
fizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: a car
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 17,440
iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to fizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBMWDriver View Post
How much was the spoiler? I'm thinking of getting one but don't know how to install it. I leave like 30 mins north from gsp mall, 20 mins from paramus park.
http://cgi.ebay.com/BMW-E90-Body-Col...QQcmdZViewItem


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i07 View Post
Jamie, let me know when you're going to install your spoiler. I'll stop by and help if you need any. Plus, I might need help installing my roof spoiler. I know that I can do it myself, but it'll be easier if I get a extra set of hands to make it line up perfectly.
i will thanks Scott!
__________________
Rest In Peace, Dad 7/2/09 Miss you...

contact me for photoshoots/detailing
fizzle is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST