E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Can someone photoshop something for me?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #23
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eppisgood View Post
Yeah the darker blue is better, but still not my cup o tea - perhaps it's because it's on a white car. The prior picture on the gray M3 they look a little better.
Yeah it seems they look nicer on different color cars. I thought being I had an alpine white car that just about any color would look nice. But then I saw the candy blue and it scared the hell out of me lol. I think I saw another alpine white 335i on this site with a set of MORR 5th anniversary wheels. They are some kind of blue similar to the midnight blue. I think the car looks great. Ill attach a pic.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #24
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,141
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woptang22 View Post
Dude, your the man. Thank you so much. Now in my opinion, this is a big change in a positive direction. Whats your thoughts on these different color wheels? I know its not for everyone. I just got the wheels so cheap that I want to do something different.
No problem
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #25
Martin528
Second Lieutenant
 
Martin528's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 528
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gulf Coast

Posts: 263
iTrader: (1)

Not a fan. Cannot look at the car with out being distracted by the wheels
__________________
2012 Tasman green metallic with oyster/ black interior. premium pkg, power tailgate, homelink, and park distance control. Premium sound: premium hi fi system and satellite radio,technology package:
Rear view camera and navigation,Comfort Access,heated front seats, BMW apps
Martin528 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #26
ZhengHai
First Lieutenant
 
ZhengHai's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: AV, California

Posts: 381
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woptang22 View Post
I do too. The midnight blue compliments the car. With the candy blue it was overwhelming the car. Like I said I want to do something different, but at the same time I dont want to rice the car out. I feel the midnight blue is different, but looks nice as well.
You're always going to have "riced out perception" with color wheels especially on a bmw. But it does look a lot better than the candy blue.
__________________
ZhengHai is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #27
eppisgood
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woptang22 View Post
Yeah it seems they look nicer on different color cars. I thought being I had an alpine white car that just about any color would look nice. But then I saw the candy blue and it scared the hell out of me lol. I think I saw another alpine white 335i on this site with a set of MORR 5th anniversary wheels. They are some kind of blue similar to the midnight blue. I think the car looks great. Ill attach a pic.
With each new pic posted, they get a little better looking with the blue. I wonder if an even darker blue would look better - kind of like the blue paint jobs that look black from a certain angle.
__________________
2008 e90 335i
eppisgood is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #28
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eppisgood View Post
With each new pic posted, they get a little better looking with the blue. I wonder if an even darker blue would look better - kind of like the blue paint jobs that look black from a certain angle.
Yeah I hear you. Like you said the darker the blue, the classier it looks. I mean its different from everything else, but not overwhelming. I think the last pic of the alpine white e90 with the blue wheels looks great. I wish I knew the exact name of the color so I could tell my powder coater. I talked to him today and he said he has some colors that are close, I just need to go in and check them out.
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #29
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhengHai View Post
You're always going to have "riced out perception" with color wheels especially on a bmw. But it does look a lot better than the candy blue.
Your right, no matter what it will seem ricey to people. But Ive seen new
M3s on this forum with lime green or red wheels. Which in my opinion, "look good" but just not ideal. But for me, I already have stock
18s and 19 inch ICONZ 960s as summer wheels. They have gloss black centers and chrome lips. So with these, Im just looking to make it a bit different, but I dont want to jump into the candy blue which I previously thought looked nice.
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #30
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin328i View Post
Not a fan. Cannot look at the car with out being distracted by the wheels
Which wheels are you refering too? or all of them? lol I figured alot of people wouldnt like the idea. But like I said, I already have multiple sets of wheels for the summer and winter. I just dont like my stock wheels for the winter so I got these avant garde wheels so cheap that I wanted to try something outside the box. My first choice which was the candy blue is out now. I realize it just wont work. But for some reason, Im really liking the darker blue, or midnight blue.
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #31
dhanni848
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 334
iTrader: (0)

I have never been a fan of colored wheels but I actually like the brighter blue on the white.
dhanni848 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #32
melvin
steady lurking
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Elk Grove / Sacramento

Posts: 17
iTrader: (1)

that blue is really nice. Volk calls it mag blue. IMO mag blue is good only on 2 color cars. white and black. in the sun the blue REALLY pops out. and at night is some what a black color.
melvin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #33
melvin
steady lurking
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Elk Grove / Sacramento

Posts: 17
iTrader: (1)

melvin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #34
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin View Post
Wow Melvin, that looks sick. I really think that color looks sick. Whats the exact name of that color? Is that also midnight blue?
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #35
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin View Post
that blue is really nice. Volk calls it mag blue. IMO mag blue is good only on 2 color cars. white and black. in the sun the blue REALLY pops out. and at night is some what a black color.
Mag blue, ok nice. Ill have to look into that. I think its a great color. And looks perfect on white.
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #36
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanni848 View Post
I have never been a fan of colored wheels but I actually like the brighter blue on the white.
You like the candy blue? When I was at the powder coater that was the color that really stood out above the rest. Thats why I picked it. But after
e90company photoshopped it for me, it just didnt seem to go on the car well.
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #37
J02 335i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
J02 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario

Posts: 1,538
iTrader: (0)

Try gloss white, just for the hell of it.......
__________________

Sport pack, JB3, Dci, factory oil cooler, 18" M3 reps, Michelin PSS, painted trim, black grills, smoked side markers, LED plate lights, H&R coils, muffler delete
J02 335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #38
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J02 335i View Post
Try gloss white, just for the hell of it.......
Ive been seeing some gloss white wheels and they look pretty nice. But wouldnt it be too much white on an alpine white car?
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #39
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,141
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woptang22 View Post
Ive been seeing some gloss white wheels and they look pretty nice. But wouldnt it be too much white on an alpine white car?
I would personally go gloss white.
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #40
dhanni848
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 334
iTrader: (0)

Both look sick but I think the lighter actually compliments the white and you can see the details of the wheel. You already have dark wheels you can go to if you want.
dhanni848 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 01:10 AM   #41
ZhengHai
First Lieutenant
 
ZhengHai's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: AV, California

Posts: 381
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woptang22 View Post
Yeah I hear you. Like you said the darker the blue, the classier it looks. I mean its different from everything else, but not overwhelming. I think the last pic of the alpine white e90 with the blue wheels looks great. I wish I knew the exact name of the color so I could tell my powder coater. I talked to him today and he said he has some colors that are close, I just need to go in and check them out.
Either way, your car has the supporting mods to get color wheels imo. You can't go wrong with with the dark blue or even gloss white. Plus its just only for the winter. Can't wait to see what color you choose. Good luck!
__________________
ZhengHai is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 05:42 AM   #42
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhengHai View Post
Either way, your car has the supporting mods to get color wheels imo. You can't go wrong with with the dark blue or even gloss white. Plus its just only for the winter. Can't wait to see what color you choose. Good luck!
Ok, I went back to the powder coater today. They showed me some darker blues they custom made for a customer with a twin turbo vet that was on the cover of some magazine. The top coat is actually still the candy blue. But it looks more like like midnight blue from VMR and the 5th anniversary blue from MORR wheels. Ill post pics of both. The base coat is a black chrome then they put candy blue on top giving it a darker blue instead of some bright overwhelming blue. And they are doing two coats of blue ontop so its even a darker blue. Ill attach pics of similar colors. The first 3 are the MORR 5th anniv blues and the last 3 are VMRs midnight blues.
Attached Images
      
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #43
Andrewe92
enthusiast
 
Andrewe92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e92 lci 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ

Posts: 746
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
e90company does it again!! his tooo good with photoshop.. anyway im liking the midnight alot more than the candy but still not that into it, another idea is if you black out your wheels and give it a blue timeattack btw... you said you got them cheap lol how cheap?
Andrewe92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #44
woptang22
Captain
 
woptang22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bristol Pa

Posts: 912
iTrader: (1)

I got the avant garde 310s for $300 nothing wrong with them at all. if I black out my wheels and give a blue timeattack, whats blue time attack?
Quote:
Originally Posted by missilewarriorz View Post
e90company does it again!! his tooo good with photoshop.. anyway im liking the midnight alot more than the candy but still not that into it, another idea is if you black out your wheels and give it a blue timeattack btw... you said you got them cheap lol how cheap?
__________________
2009 E92 BMW M3.
woptang22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST