E90Post

Scorpp Design

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Peter denied Christ three times

09-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

Peter denied Christ three times

Peter denied Christ three times before Christ was crucified Now the DNC has denied God three times at their convention. Jesus forgave Peter. Do you think God will forgive the DNC before November?
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
mspeasl is offline   United_States
      09-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
128vertinnoho
Private First Class

Drives: 2012 128iC

OH JEEBUS!
128vertinnoho is offline   United_States
      09-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
Augenbrauezug
Captain

Drives: mk6 GTI

As a non-Christian this really has no impact on me. I think the dems are just aware that as a society we are moving away from being primarily Christian, or even religious for that matter.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
      09-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128vertinnoho View Post
OH JEEBUS!
I don't believe the above answers the question.
      09-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Even leaving religion out of it, they screwed the pooch on this one. So unnecessary and a big violation of the "don't ask a question you don't already know the answer to" rule. They obviously managed to piss off a substantial portion of their folks, they certainly alienated a bunch of conservatives and maybe persuaded some middle of the road christians AND jews that the democrat party isn't for them. Between that and moving the venue for the "weather' it was amateur night again.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      09-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
M_Six
Free Thinker

Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Even leaving religion out of it, they screwed the pooch on this one. So unnecessary and a big violation of the "don't ask a question you don't already know the answer to" rule. They obviously managed to piss off a substantial portion of their folks, they certainly alienated a bunch of conservatives and maybe persuaded some middle of the road christians AND jews that the democrat party isn't for them. Between that and moving the venue for the "weather' it was amateur night again.
And you think the GOP lie fest was any better? Please.

Have you seen the "ad" with Kennedy debating Romney way back when? Romney sounded downright left-wing. Do you really, truly believe Romney can do better than Obama? Get it through your head, IT AIN'T GONNA CHANGE!!! The car has gone over the cliff. Gravity will win out. Nothing is going to change that fact. It's just a matter of who can delay the inevitable crash the longest.

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States
      09-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
And you think the GOP lie fest was any better? Please.

Have you seen the "ad" with Kennedy debating Romney way back when? Romney sounded downright left-wing. Do you really, truly believe Romney can do better than Obama? Get it through your head, IT AIN'T GONNA CHANGE!!! The car has gone over the cliff. Gravity will win out. Nothing is going to change that fact. It's just a matter of who can delay the inevitable crash the longest.
Apples and screwdrivers. My point is about the management of the convention, not whether someone (on either side) lied.

I get it, you think everyone is bad, all are wrong, everyone sucks, no one has good motives, etc....blah, blah, blah. When you find a "good" person do let us know. In the meantime I'll work with reality.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      09-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #8
M_Six
Free Thinker

Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic

Garage List
Quote:
Apples and screwdrivers. My point is about the management of the convention, not whether someone (on either side) lied.

I get it, you think everyone is bad, all are wrong, everyone sucks, no one has good motives, etc....blah, blah, blah. When you find a "good" person do let us know. In the meantime I'll work with reality.
The reality is that Romney will do everything in his power to keep the money moving from the lower and middle classes into the hands of the rich. If you think otherwise, you're the one not dealing with reality. The GOP is determined to move the wealth of this country into the hands of a very small percentage of people. As a side note, they also want to prevent any semblance of social change and would prefer to move us back to a time when "good Christian white men" ruled this country.

Obama and company spend way too much time worrying about bipartisanship when the GOP wants no part of it. They've wasted too much time trying to play the center.

Neither side will do the things that really need to be done. We must cut back spending on military and many social programs, get welfare under control, get the IRS to do their damn jobs and make sure people are paying the taxes owed, rewrite the tax code, and get rid of the Bush era tax cuts. We cannot start reducing the deficit on spending cuts alone. Nor can we tax and spend our way out.

When YOU see someone who is ready to do all of the above, let me know. In the meantime I'll stay based in reality.

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States
      09-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #9
rgrovr
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 335xi E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Obama and company spend way too much time worrying about bipartisanship when the GOP wants no part of it. They've wasted too much time trying to play the center.
This is so full of fail.

- "Yes, we wrote the bill, yes we won the election" regading Stimulus - Nancy Pelosi

- "The debate is over because I won" - The President when replying to Eric Cantor regarding Payroll tax refunds.

- To avoid a committee vote on subponeas for Countrywide Financial, the Democrats lock out Republicans. (link)

- House Republicans shut out of House-Senate Conference on Stimulus (link)

- Republicans shut out of Health Care act finalization, President admits fault (link)

- When asking to participate in healthcare reform drafting, the WH administration sent a terse letter back to Republicans stating "they had healthcare under control" (link)

And in the best example of actual bi-partisanship:

- Obamas 2012 budget voted down 97-0 and 2013 budget voted down 414-0 (link)

So if I'm keeping score - When Democrats were in the majority, the excuses were that the people voted and there's no need to acquiesce to the minority. But when the Republicans were voted back into power, they should be looking to compromise or be labeled as intractable.

Think I got it now..
2008 335xi E90 Black Sapphire -||- PERFORMANCE: JB4 -DCI - AR Catless DPs - Helix FMIC - Forge DVs - KW V3 Suspension - BSH OCC -||- COSMETIC: 19" M3 Reps - OEM Perf. Front - MTech Sides - MTech Rear - OEM CF Spoiler - CF Kidney Grills - LUX H8 - LED Interior Kit - CF Wrap Trim - M3 iDrive Knob
      09-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
Peter denied Christ three times before Christ was crucified Now the DNC has denied God three times at their convention. Jesus forgave Peter. Do you think God will forgive the DNC before November?
This is so Fox news. Do you think God will forgive you for once again attempting to use God and religion as a political ploy to diminish those you don't favor? Not very saintly.

PS - the bounce the DNC got after the convention suggests it's probably not an issue for God.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      09-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
128vertinnoho
Private First Class

Drives: 2012 128iC

Quote:
As usual you need to turn off Faux News. The Dems are getting a bounce out of the convention, Rmoney did not. The pundits on both sides of the aisle agree that the Dem convention was much better then the Con convention and the Dems exhibited much more enthusiasm than the Cons. And you want to talk about amateur night????? Clint Eastwood....cough...cough......
128vertinnoho is offline   United_States
      09-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #12
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
This is so Fox news. Do you think God will forgive you for once again attempting to use God and religion as a political ploy to diminish those you don't favor? Not very saintly.

PS - the bounce the DNC got after the convention suggests it's probably not an issue for God.
The OP was not Fox news, it was from my heart.....
      09-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
The OP was not Fox news, it was from my heart.....
That's a distinction without a difference.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      09-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #14
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Quote:
That's a distinction without a difference.
Sorry as I've said before I've never seen FOX news I watch Brian Williams on NBC
      09-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #15
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Sorry as I've said before I've never seen FOX news I watch Brian Williams on NBC
You should check em out. Bet you'll feel right at home.
      09-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #16
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Quote:
You should check em out. Bet you'll feel right at home.
Speaking of home. I see you live in my sister-in-laws neighborhood. She too thinks like you. Must be something in the water there, ya think?
      09-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #17
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Speaking of home. I see you live in my sister-in-laws neighborhood. She too thinks like you. Must be something in the water there, ya think?
Never touch the stuff. I drink bottled water. Tell your sister-in-law hello for me. She must be a very smart woman.
      09-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #18
Jebus335
Private First Class

Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128vertinnoho View Post
OH JEEBUS!
Yes?