E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > CORSA Drone / Vibration question

09-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #1
shocker1976
Enlisted Member

Drives: 335i Coupe

CORSA Drone / Vibration question

Hi,
I just bought a used CORSA exhaust for my 335 MT from one of the friendly forum members. I purchased CORSA since I heard it's drone free ( at least their website says so). Anyway since there were no clamping parts, I got my stock muffler cut and the CORSA welded at a local muffler shop. After the installation I saw that the mufflers were not installed correctly, I mean the right muffler was sticking about 1/2 - 1 inch out compared to the left. Not really noticeable so I left it at there.

Now what I observed was around when driving 1700 & about 2200 rpm I hear this irritating drone apart from a vibration in the cabin. Can this be because of the difference in lengths of the mufflers. This is the first time I got an after market exhaust so I do not have much experience here.

Thanks!
      09-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
mashimarho
BMW Genius
United_States

Drives: e92 LCI 335i xDrive™

Garage List
Doubt it would be length, but drone comes from the mufflers itself. So, your exhaust that claimed to be drone-free has drone issues... Hard to find a aggressive performance exhaust without a drone. I was in the same boat. I believe BMW PE (oem) is the only true one you can find out there. There's a few here and there as well..

My Progress: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770326
Volk///ER///BMS///KW///VRSF///ARKYM///DD///CYBA///STOPTECH///BMW Performance ///
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
Biohazard29
Private First Class
United_States

Drives: 335i coupe 6sp

I have the Akrapovic evo full exhaust in stainless on my E92 Msport, no drone but just like the others slight rattle at certain rpms. Solution: rattle usually comes from the rear center console slider. Open the slider put some velcro, fuzzy section where it latches. Gets rid of the rattle, I also added a clean microfiber towel folded up inside the tray to act as a sound absorber, no more rattle.

2011/335i Msport/ 6sp Manual/ K&N filter/ Akrapovic Evo Exhaust System/ FORGE FMIC/ Cobb Stage 1 + FMIC
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
shocker1976
Enlisted Member

Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard29 View Post
I have the Akrapovic evo full exhaust in stainless on my E92 Msport, no drone but just like the others slight rattle at certain rpms. Solution: rattle usually comes from the rear center console slider. Open the slider put some velcro, fuzzy section where it latches. Gets rid of the rattle, I also added a clean microfiber towel folded up inside the tray to act as a sound absorber, no more rattle.
You are right, need to try this out. Thanks again.
      09-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
hetzle
First Lieutenant

Drives: E90 335i

Every Corsa exhaust I have heard (E36 M3/E46/E9X) has droned. Thankfully my AA exhaust doesn't drone at all