E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Eric's HPF Single Turbo N54 Is ALIVE - VIDEO



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #1255
WilliamS
GoofBall
 
Drives: 2008 E92 N54 Xdrive
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 819
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleventeen View Post
BTW, what are the 3 seashells for?
Still havent figured that one out? They gotta be some nasty shells and a calused up rear.
WilliamS is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #1256
HPF Kirk
Private
 
Drives: EKCivic
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 77
iTrader: (0)

Updates!!!!!!

Right off the bat you will notice the twin wastegate mounts. We decided to go with this design for flawless and ease of boost control. You’ll then notice the smoother twin scroll division. This served two purposes; faster spool up and allows a plethora of turbo chargers to be used with our kit. As mentioned before, we’ll be using a dual ball bearing 6466 divided turbo with our initial kit. We will definitely be testing other turbos as we develop more stages for the kit.

The runners are also nearly equal, that is always beneficial. With the manifold now in our hands, we are just in need of closing up lose ended projects before we can fully dive right into finishing the 335i kit. As always, we’ll be updating you as progress happens. Also we do plan on selling some components separately for those that would like to choose their own turbo and tune on their own.



















HPF Kirk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #1257
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Peninsula, SF Bay Area

Posts: 323
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Kirk View Post
Updates!!!!!!

Right off the bat you will notice the twin wastegate mounts. We decided to go with this design for flawless and ease of boost control. You’ll then notice the smoother twin scroll division. This served two purposes; faster spool up and allows a plethora of turbo chargers to be used with our kit. As mentioned before, we’ll be using a dual ball bearing 6466 divided turbo with our initial kit. We will definitely be testing other turbos as we develop more stages for the kit.

The runners are also nearly equal, that is always beneficial. With the manifold now in our hands, we are just in need of closing up lose ended projects before we can fully dive right into finishing the 335i kit. As always, we’ll be updating you as progress happens. Also we do plan on selling some components separately for those that would like to choose their own turbo and tune on their own.
More boost, excellent. Looking good guys, blow that sucker up already
__________________
FFTEC 6466 6mt 335i | FFTEC GTX3076R Evo IX
CaptainInsano is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #1258
LuSt4Boost
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD

Posts: 290
iTrader: (2)

__________________
http://www.e90post.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50760&dateline=132735  2876
N54|Twin Tebow power! + JB4
LuSt4Boost is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #1259
vereak82
Second Lieutenant
 
vereak82's Avatar
 
Drives: 6-spd e92 335i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: michigan

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Oh my that's a thing of beauty
__________________
2008 135i 6-speed current stock for now
1995 e36 M3 5-speed
Jb4 G5//CM-FX400//FBO//Meth// 12.06@118 6-speed manual sold summer 2013
vereak82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #1260
spectacula
Second Lieutenant
 
spectacula's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: long island

Posts: 255
iTrader: (4)

beautiful
spectacula is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 03:22 AM   #1261
D_Smiderreen
Banned
 
Drives: Please delete my account
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: please delete my account

Posts: 157
iTrader: (1)

I like it
D_Smiderreen is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 03:27 AM   #1262
Dmacc
Colonel
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nor Cal

Posts: 2,637
iTrader: (1)

Nice!
__________________

thanks to MGallop
Dmacc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #1263
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
 
dlbrooks18's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 3,574
iTrader: (2)

Great work HPF
__________________

2008 E90 335
dlbrooks18 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #1264
Fundahl
Captain
 
Drives: VO 1M, 300zx TT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas

Posts: 704
iTrader: (0)

Much better now!
Fundahl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #1265
BoostedE90
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BoostedE90's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tampa/Gainesville, FL

Posts: 1,661
iTrader: (5)

Major improvement over the first design. Can't wait to see this thing all put together.
BoostedE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #1266
AYF80
Captain
 
Drives: 2015 AY F80
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 945
iTrader: (0)

Yeah this thing is gunna be sick... To Bad im deployed again... FML
AYF80 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #1267
daemonicus
New Member
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: WI

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF 335i #1 View Post
Yeah this thing is gunna be sick... To Bad im deployed again... FML
thank you for your service. i'm sure since they've only had 4 years to develop your car, by the time you get back from this tour, they should have it back to you within 2-3 years. you must be thrilled.
daemonicus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #1268
marcvtec
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: toronto

Posts: 1,791
iTrader: (0)

Wow HPF come on the bandwagon is passing
By the time this is ready to got my GTR will be old
__________________
COBB Powered, Spec2+, Wavetrac, DCI, Forge DV's, AR catless DP's, AA FMIC, M3 links & Sways, 19' BBS LM's wrapped in PSS, Zimmerman cross drilled rotors, hawk carbon pads, M3 Spoiler, AC roof Spoiler, Aero Lip, Vorsteiner Diffuser, m3 sides, Tinted, And One Happy BMW Driver.
marcvtec is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #1269
Eleventeen
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Jersey

Posts: 227
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvtec View Post
Wow HPF come on the bandwagon is passing
By the time this is ready to got my GTR will be old
What? LOL
__________________
[insert list of gas guzzling, warranty voiding, environment destroying, pocket emptying mods that still make you smile, here]
Eleventeen is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #1270
Beemw335
Colonel
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: My car is my home

Posts: 2,016
iTrader: (2)

Poor Eric, these guys have had his car so damn long!
You would think a company like HPF would have their own project car.
Ps: thank you for your service Eric, even though I am not American, I highly respect you for what you are doing, hopefully your car is ready soon!
Beemw335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #1271
AYF80
Captain
 
Drives: 2015 AY F80
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 945
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemw335 View Post
Poor Eric, these guys have had his car so damn long!
You would think a company like HPF would have their own project car.
Ps: thank you for your service Eric, even though I am not American, I highly respect you for what you are doing, hopefully your car is ready soon!
HPF is the Shit man, the guys there are great and they have done a lot for me over the years. I understand the kit is not done yet, this suck. But, there is a lot you don't know about this build. Some/a lot of the delay is my fault. I had a lot of repairs that needed to be made before they could get started and some of these vehicle issues were discovered during the build process which again set HPF back.

The fact that they never blamed me yet took the abuse and responsibility for failure from the forums means a lot to me.

Other than the Mani set backs, this long process is my fault. don't blame HPF, lets move forward.

Side note, I might be going Wide body. Has anyone ever herd of lance@sscamerica.com?
AYF80 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #1272
HPF Kirk
Private
 
Drives: EKCivic
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 77
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF 335i #1 View Post
HPF is the Shit man, the guys there are great and they have done a lot for me over the years. I understand the kit is not done yet, this suck. But, there is a lot you don't know about this build. Some/a lot of the delay is my fault. I had a lot of repairs that needed to be made before they could get started and some of these vehicle issues were discovered during the build process which again set HPF back.

The fact that they never blamed me yet took the abuse and responsibility for failure from the forums means a lot to me.

Other than the Mani set backs, this long process is my fault. don't blame HPF, lets move forward.

Side note, I might be going Wide body. Has anyone ever herd of lance@sscamerica.com?
Eric I might have something really cool to send your way... Email me or give us a call when you get a chance.
HPF Kirk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #1273
07 4.0
New Member
 
Drives: 2007 Mustang
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ATX

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Sorry if I missed it, are there any numbers yet?
__________________
07 4.0 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #1274
turb0mike
 
turb0mike's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i Racecar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,706
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [4.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 4.0 View Post
Sorry if I missed it, are there any numbers yet?
LOL, this thread is like a Vice Presidential debate.
turb0mike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #1275
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
 
dlbrooks18's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 3,574
iTrader: (2)

Updates Kirk?
__________________

2008 E90 335
dlbrooks18 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #1276
HPF Kirk
Private
 
Drives: EKCivic
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 77
iTrader: (0)

The position of the turbocharger had to be slightly changed which means we are in the process of relocating a hard coolant line that also supplies cooling for the stock turbos. We are having to make new intercooler piping and adjust/remake a few other things as well. Progress is definitely not as fast as I was hoping but we do have customers cars to finish as well so More updates to come in the next week or two...
HPF Kirk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
hpf single turbo, single turbo n54

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST