E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Made my own Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame

09-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #23
Bimmer305
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
nice clean job! so lucky you have access to cf and the equipment to mold/cut/cure/clear/etc everything!! I made a cf splitter sheet once and damn that shit was time consuming and difficult... especially when doing it in a garage with no equipment hahah

just fyi, next time you make more cf stuff, try to keep the weave clean and diagonal. right now the "diagonal weave" ended up going vertical so it's sorta awkward looking.
What happen was, when I did the flat sheet, I forgot to cut the CF ina 45 degree angle and made it vertical (0 degree angle in aero*******.
After cured I tried to give it a little angle when tracing it but didn't have ebough room, and that's the best I could do .

The two small yellow lines that you see, are trace line. They are use to identify which face goes up or down and to guide you when cutting it on different angles. I tried to remove them before curing it but it was impossible.

You guys are too picky JK