E90Post
 


Alpine HID
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Newbie saying hi and a few pictures of my car so far



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #23
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Danny mate your Le-mans looks the tits too!!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #24
Danny.B.
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Danny.B.'s Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England - Lincolnshire

Posts: 1,524
iTrader: (1)

Cheers Carl! Aching for an LCI now though!
__________________
Danny.B. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #25
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
The LCi's do look good Mate!!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #26
Romanbmws/Wheelman
Lieutenant
 
Romanbmws/Wheelman's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i m-sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: EAST MIDLANDS

Posts: 412
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Wow genuine bbs ch !!!Nice car .
__________________
2006 325i M-SPORT TITANIUM SILVER //EIBACH SPORTLINES SPRINGS//19'' 359M STYLE WHEELS FROM CMWHEELS//18'' MV3 WHEELS WITH SPACERS//17'' 159 STYLE WHEELS WITH WINTERS//GLOSS BLACK KIDNEY GRILLS
Romanbmws/Wheelman is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #27
swhoyle
Private
 
Drives: 320D
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: England

Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat View Post
there are many reasons why people might opt for a 318 - fuel, insurance, type of driving etc etc - so each to their own.
Only if the 320d didn't exist (which it unfortunately does). The 320d has more acceptable power, identical fuel consumption, very very similar insurance premiums and costs the same to run.

Which begs the question - why would anyone ever buy a 318d? The 320d has many benefits over the 318d, yet no drawbacks. I mean, 140bhp in a 1500kg car! I know many of us just want to pootle along and don't want some fire breathing monster of a car, but there is an acceptable level of performance - which i think the 320d delivers and the 318d most certainly doesn't.
Why do you always do this!!!!

Why do feel compelled to make a comment on the choice of someone's car just because it's no what you would do!

I've seen you do it time and time again!!!!

OP - cars looking great - love the wheels
swhoyle is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 02:27 AM   #28
Subzero2003
Captain
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 665
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhoyle View Post
Why do you always do this!!!!

Why do feel compelled to make a comment on the choice of someone's car just because it's no what you would do!

I've seen you do it time and time again!!!!

OP - cars looking great - love the wheels
OH noes!!!

How dare someone have an opinion and give their views on a car that has been posted up for discussion on an open internet forum!

Maybe we should try and make E90post more like other owners forums where they lick each others ring pieces, and nobody has an opinion, so they just say "OMG LOVELY CAR MATE!!11111!" even if they don't really think so.

EDIT: Looking back at my first post, i've even said "Looks really nice" and clearly think genuine BBS CH's are full of win, so wind your neck in and go find something else to be outraged about.

Last edited by Subzero2003; 09-05-2012 at 02:35 AM.
Subzero2003 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 04:58 AM   #29
Jat
Second Lieutenant
 
Jat's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330i M Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Leicester

Posts: 290
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Pigley View Post
The car looks fabulous!!

I think the twin exhausts look good and I have no problem with you doing that mod.

However I can't explain to myself (or anyone else) why I consider this modification acceptable, but at the same time I find that people putting M badges where they don't belong to be offensive. Any theories...........?
I think it is just down to the fact the M badge denotes a specific model in crystal clear terms.

Only those who really follow BMW know what exhaust should really be on which car in stock form - to the vast majority, they are oblivious to what it means/does/represents. Someone random seeing a BMW with 335 style exhaust on it going past is not really likely to think "that is a 335". They are more likely to think "that is a nice/crap BMW".


An ///M badge on the other hand clearly marks out a specific model without question - someone IMO is more likely to remark "thats an M" when they see the badge.
__________________
E91 330i M Sport : Coilovers : Simota Air Intake : BMW Performance Brakes : 335 Style Exhaust : BMW Performance Colour Coded Engine Bay : BMW Strut Brace : 19" 1M Style Rims

My Journal Thread : CLICK HERE
Jat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #30
Frobius
Captain
 
Frobius's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330d M-Sport / E87 118d SE
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntingdon, UK

Posts: 901
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Welcome over Craig, good to see you!

As for all the people giving shit about the 318, it's there for a reason and that's cost and economy. Love the twin pipe exhaust too. And no I don't think he's trying to kid people that he's got a 335, the two pipes look better and they just happen to be on a 335. It's not like he's badged it up as one and let's be honest, the only people that know (or care) what model your exhaust pipes come from are in BMW forums!

Do people putting M3 mirrors on get this much shit? No.

Car's looking sweet Craig, as Jat says, it's making me want to do the full LCI conversion!
__________________

57 Sapphire Black E91 330d M-Sport
Privacy Glass // Leather // Heated Seats // Bluetooth // Blacklines // BMWP Gloss Black Grille // Alpine HiFi // LCI Headlights
Frobius is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 05:48 AM   #31
Cyprio
Captain
 
Cyprio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colchester. UK

Posts: 919
iTrader: (2)

Nice exhaust mod! Welcome.
Cyprio is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 06:32 AM   #32
E92Dan
Lieutenant
 
E92Dan's Avatar
 
Drives: 330d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: northampton

Posts: 479
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat View Post
I think it is just down to the fact the M badge denotes a specific model in crystal clear terms.

Only those who really follow BMW know what exhaust should really be on which car in stock form - to the vast majority, they are oblivious to what it means/does/represents. Someone random seeing a BMW with 335 style exhaust on it going past is not really likely to think "that is a 335". They are more likely to think "that is a nice/crap BMW".


An ///M badge on the other hand clearly marks out a specific model without question - someone IMO is more likely to remark "thats an M" when they see the badge.
True, half the people on the road who dont care about cars will say "ooh what a nice badge" the other half will say "ha ha look at that tool trying to make his car look like an M3"
E92Dan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #33
stringy93
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 318d msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Otley, west Yorkshire

Posts: 211
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the warm welcome and comments guys

Sticking some expensive plastic on your roof is abit crazy however I think the shark fin goes well with the lines of the E90, after my 320si having one the 318d looked like it was missing something

Same with the exhaust, it was matt and dull and letting the car down. I think all E90s should have come with a twin exhaust from the factory. I'm not going for the '335 rep' look. And to be fair most joe public have no idea what a 335 is or looks like so it would be a waste of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat View Post
Chris - welcome to the forum, there are a few faces from E46Zone making the move over slowly (im Singh in case you didnt know!).

Car looks really nice mate - the LCI looks really fresh, and I now really want an E91 LCI.

As for the BBS and the comment of spending X on them when you have a 318 - I think Chris already had the BBS rims from his E46 days - and anyway, there are many reasons why people might opt for a 318 - fuel, insurance, type of driving etc etc - so each to their own.
Cheers mate, glad theres a few of us staying brand loyal! And the last part of your comment was spot on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero2003 View Post
Only if the 320d didn't exist (which it unfortunately does). The 320d has more acceptable power, identical fuel consumption, very very similar insurance premiums and costs the same to run.

Which begs the question - why would anyone ever buy a 318d? The 320d has many benefits over the 318d, yet no drawbacks. I mean, 140bhp in a 1500kg car! I know many of us just want to pootle along and don't want some fire breathing monster of a car, but there is an acceptable level of performance - which i think the 320d delivers and the 318d most certainly doesn't.
Its all about what the cars going to be used for and everyones circumstances are different. I could make a list as to why I went for a 318d but the basics are: Insurance, girlfriend drives the car and shes not had her license for a year yet. Tax, only 100 a year and the 160 a year i'm saving pays for the tax on our mini for the year. Garage, it was the colour I wanted with a good spec from a well trusted dealer. Yeah it wont set the world on fire but its more than suitable for what we need it for. But to be honest round town where it gets used theres very little if anything between my mates 320d and my 318d. In my eyes theres more pros than cons for my situation. Plus when I do want my speed kick i've got a VR6 as my toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevese90 View Post
If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for exhaust
I paid 300 for it mate and about 60/70 for the Genuine rear splitter. It was done by Zorstec in Shipley, highly recommend them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frobius View Post
Welcome over Craig, good to see you!

As for all the people giving shit about the 318, it's there for a reason and that's cost and economy. Love the twin pipe exhaust too. And no I don't think he's trying to kid people that he's got a 335, the two pipes look better and they just happen to be on a 335. It's not like he's badged it up as one and let's be honest, the only people that know (or care) what model your exhaust pipes come from are in BMW forums!

Do people putting M3 mirrors on get this much shit? No.

Car's looking sweet Craig, as Jat says, it's making me want to do the full LCI conversion!
Cheers mate, good to see another familiar face! And totally agree with your comment
__________________

Garage: 318d msport, Mini one, Vw Crafter, Golf VR6
stringy93 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 04:30 AM   #34
foggy e90
Enlisted Member
 
foggy e90's Avatar
 
Drives: Monaco blue e90 330i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: wales

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Love The Exhaust ... LOOKING TO DO THE SAME
foggy e90 is offline   Wales
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 05:41 AM   #35
P 5UML
Major
 
P 5UML's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 325D M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London

Posts: 1,409
iTrader: (1)

CH's...droollll....

nice car dude! any future plans for it??
__________________
P 5UML is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #36
stringy93
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 318d msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Otley, west Yorkshire

Posts: 211
iTrader: (0)

Cheers

Not sure on future plans yet, thinking the alpine upgrade to start then I'm open to suggestions... Original plan was to leave it standard but that didn't last long
__________________

Garage: 318d msport, Mini one, Vw Crafter, Golf VR6
stringy93 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #37
Greg330
Captain
 
Greg330's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Coast

Posts: 627
iTrader: (0)

E90 looks great and so does the E46!

The CH's are a timeless classic, I'd take them over LM's!
Greg330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST