E90Post
 


MaxcySpeed & Company
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Australia Classifieds Section > Dodgy panel beaters



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
Bmwe90sg
Banned
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

Dodgy panel beaters

hi guys. i got rear ended very slightly but needed a new rear bumper, boot, spoiler, tail lights etc. now the Fu%^ing panel shop didn't put any covers on my seat while at the panel shop and put the car parts (diffuser, spoiler etc) in the rear seat. now I've just noticed a big graze about 20 cm long on the side of the passenger seat. now i am a detailer and take care of my car like crazy. i just did a leatherique treatment on them and then this.

What do i do about this?
Bmwe90sg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
bornadog335i
First Lieutenant
 
bornadog335i's Avatar
 
Drives: Black MY09 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 366
iTrader: (0)

Surely you ask them to replace the leather.
__________________
M Sports Pack, Sapphire Black, Procede Rev 3, Alpina T3 trans flash, Gloss Black GTC wheels with Michelin 19" PSS, Gloss Black BMW Performance Grill
bornadog335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
Bmwe90sg
Banned
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

replace? or repair? do i go through them or through allianz?
Bmwe90sg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
BMJ
Captain
 
BMJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 335
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 861
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwe90sg View Post
replace? or repair? do i go through them or through allianz?
call and speak to the owner of the shop first advise what's happened. if you get no where then speak to Allianz... thing is though, once its out of the shop they might try the old 'nah no way it left like that'. be firm, good luck
BMJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
Bmwe90sg
Banned
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

I have photos before it went to the shop. Like 2 days before. It's perfect. I've had the car back for 1.5 week and realized now cause I'm single an never sit in the back. I dropped by at the panel shop while it was being fixed and they had no covers on the seats and crap.
Bmwe90sg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

Posts: 1,541
iTrader: (0)

damn that sucks, I cant stand negligence and poor workmanship!
DR-JEKL is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
sbce90
Me Boosta
 
sbce90's Avatar
 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 5,390
iTrader: (3)

demand a new car!
sbce90 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
John_01
Lieutenant Colonel
 
John_01's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 1,914
iTrader: (0)

I would talk to the insurance company about this. Dodgy panel beaters will probably just give you the run around and could damage your car even more.
John_01 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #9
Bmwe90sg
Banned
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

i spoke to the insurance company. The guy asked for some photos of the damage. he said they will probably deny itt but coincidentally i had taken photos before it went to the panel beaters. I got quoted 300-400 to fix !!!!!!! OMG i can't afford to pay that for a damn scratch that could've been avoided with aa FREAKING plastic bag. what do i tell them? do i take to fair trading?
Bmwe90sg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #10
BMJ
Captain
 
BMJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 335
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 861
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwe90sg View Post
i spoke to the insurance company. The guy asked for some photos of the damage. he said they will probably deny itt but coincidentally i had taken photos before it went to the panel beaters. I got quoted 300-400 to fix !!!!!!! OMG i can't afford to pay that for a damn scratch that could've been avoided with aa FREAKING plastic bag. what do i tell them? do i take to fair trading?
have you spoken to the owner of the business yet? if so what did they say?
BMJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
Panza
Metal Head
 
Panza's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

Seconded.
Less freaking out, more talking to the correct people.
Panza is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #12
Bmwe90sg
Banned
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

hey guys. so heres some more news. After speaking to the insurance company a few times, the accessor decided to come to my house and check the car out. 2 Allianz guys came and examined the leather which was grazed and more problems we had seen over a 4 week period ( four straight dents in roof, grazed leather, clear coat peeling on quarter panel , clear coat running on trunk, sink back on trunk, clear coat peeling on top of shadow trim, etc etc etc plus they saw things i didn't even see or notice.

long story short company policy is to give the repairer the right to rectify, but this time the insurance is on his back to do the best job. if not will take to bmw repairer.

They will repaint the whole trunk again, repaint both quarter panels and the skinny thing on top of the glass, replace the rear seat or fix with a trimmer but depends on how bad.
etc etc

I'm very happy with the results.

Thing to learn is CHOOSE A GOOD INSURANCE COMPANY----ALLIANZ
Bmwe90sg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

Posts: 1,541
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwe90sg View Post
hey guys. so heres some more news. After speaking to the insurance company a few times, the accessor decided to come to my house and check the car out. 2 Allianz guys came and examined the leather which was grazed and more problems we had seen over a 4 week period ( four straight dents in roof, grazed leather, clear coat peeling on quarter panel , clear coat running on trunk, sink back on trunk, clear coat peeling on top of shadow trim, etc etc etc plus they saw things i didn't even see or notice.

long story short company policy is to give the repairer the right to rectify, but this time the insurance is on his back to do the best job. if not will take to bmw repairer.

They will repaint the whole trunk again, repaint both quarter panels and the skinny thing on top of the glass, replace the rear seat or fix with a trimmer but depends on how bad.
etc etc

I'm very happy with the results.

Thing to learn is CHOOSE A GOOD INSURANCE COMPANY----ALLIANZ
Interested to see if they come through with their promises to a result that is satisfactory

Glad to see they have supported you so far!
DR-JEKL is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST