E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > SF Paint & Body Shop



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
hurricane56
First Lieutenant
hurricane56's Avatar
7
Rep
389
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (5)

SF Paint & Body Shop

Hi all,

After five years on the East Coast I'll be moving back to San Francisco in a couple weeks. I was thinking about getting the M3 rep bumper for my e90 and wanted to know if there were any recommended auto body/paint shops within San Francisco or toward the south bay, specifically near Stanford that could paint and install my bumper for a decent price.

If I order from JGmods, their paint service is an additional $425, so I'm looking to see if that price is good or if there are better options.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
GTAutoConcepts's Avatar
Thailand
38
Rep
2,350
Posts

 
Drives: WIDE BMW e90,BMW x6 50i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (2)

Please contact Tae at Domport autobody. Tell him lance sent you. He has done so many of our BMWs, great guy and great work. His shop is located at 362 fell st, san francisco.



Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane56 View Post
Hi all,

After five years on the East Coast I'll be moving back to San Francisco in a couple weeks. I was thinking about getting the M3 rep bumper for my e90 and wanted to know if there were any recommended auto body/paint shops within San Francisco or toward the south bay, specifically near Stanford that could paint and install my bumper for a decent price.

If I order from JGmods, their paint service is an additional $425, so I'm looking to see if that price is good or if there are better options.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
hurricane56
First Lieutenant
hurricane56's Avatar
7
Rep
389
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_taylor View Post
Please contact Tae at Domport autobody. Tell him lance sent you. He has done so many of our BMWs, great guy and great work. His shop is located at 362 fell st, san francisco.
Thanks for the recommendation. I actually pass by that shop on the way to the airport regularly. I'll give him a call once I get settled.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
GTAutoConcepts's Avatar
Thailand
38
Rep
2,350
Posts

 
Drives: WIDE BMW e90,BMW x6 50i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane56 View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I actually pass by that shop on the way to the airport regularly. I'll give him a call once I get settled.
sounds good! he's actually installing an m3 front for my customer next week so he should know exactly what to do
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
joec500
Brigadier General
46
Rep
3,004
Posts

 
Drives: it has 4 wheels
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane56 View Post
Hi all,

After five years on the East Coast I'll be moving back to San Francisco in a couple weeks. I was thinking about getting the M3 rep bumper for my e90 and wanted to know if there were any recommended auto body/paint shops within San Francisco or toward the south bay, specifically near Stanford that could paint and install my bumper for a decent price.

If I order from JGmods, their paint service is an additional $425, so I'm looking to see if that price is good or if there are better options.

Thanks!
PM me, and I will reply. I got a guy in San Francisco who does amazing work and can be EXTREMELY Competitive to $425. He can install as well. You can drop off the bumper and meet him in San Francisco and he can install.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
Johnsonuspp
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
110
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335is Space Gray
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (1)

SF Paint & Body Shop

Hey Lance My name is Greg I just bought a 2011 spacy Gray 335is and I was wondering if I could drop your name to Tae?? I bought an OEM M3 rear deck lid spoiler and I need it painted and installed. I also have painted front bumper reflectors and need them installed as well. I was hoping to get a good price on the paint and installation, from a reputed business known on the forum. If you dont want me to drop your name I understand. Thanks

Last edited by Johnsonuspp; 09-16-2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: needed to add some things
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
hurricane56
First Lieutenant
hurricane56's Avatar
7
Rep
389
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (5)

Looks like Domport cam back at $700 for paint and install. I might just have JG mods paint it for $425, pick it up and install myself.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
Johnsonuspp
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
110
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335is Space Gray
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (1)

joec500, could you please send me the number to your guy that does paintingand install jobs??? I just need my M3 OEM rear declk lid painted space gray and installed.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST