E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Honey, you didn't build that!

Closed Thread

09-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
48Laws
Captain

Drives: '11 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post

I dont have anything i would be willing to say that would be worth the minimal exertion to type it up. Instead i just wanted to re-post it so everyone can point and laugh at a later date.

Enjoy.
Any adult wouldn't laugh because this is an undeniable truth. You're not laughing. You're at a lost for words because there's nothing untrue about my comment(s).
      09-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #24
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

I believe that AA has it's place in our society. However, i have recently been a victim of our government taking an idea which has merit in some situations and applying that idea across the board.

We and another vendor have been working on a bid for the past few months to refurbish the ticketing area at our airport. Our bid was $995,000 which was $45,000 lower than the other vendor. The other vendor has been in business in Tampa for over 15 years. Because he is of Cuban decent he determined to be a "disadvantaged business" making him the preferred vendor.

Tell me please, how in America where all people of all nationality and race are all able to do the same things with their freedoms, does being of Cuban decent make for a disadvantage when being in business? This pisses me 2 fold. One as a business owner and one as a tax payer. As a tax payer i'm pissed to have to pay $45,000 more for the same finished product. As a business owner i feel like i'm at a clear disadvantage due to this AA.

I just can't figure out why makes his business disadvantaged? I don't get it.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 09-17-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
      09-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #25
48Laws
Captain

How can we verify any of the above, really? The guy has 15 years of business in Tampa. How many years have you been in business

Last edited by 48Laws; 09-18-2012 at 01:48 PM.
      09-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #26
txz4
Major

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Any adult wouldn't laugh because this is an undeniable truth. You're not laughing. You're at a lost for words because there's nothing untrue about my comment(s).
....was and still am laughing.

It was funny because you were serious. Thats the joke, hence the reason i quoted it.
      09-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #27
txz4
Major

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
I believe that AA has it's place in our society. However, i have recently been a victim of our government taking an idea which has merit in some situations and applying that idea across the board.

We and another vendor have been working on a bid for the past few months to refurbish the ticketing area at our airport. Our bid was $995,000 which was $45,000 lower than the other vendor. The other vendor has been in business in Tampa for over 15 years. Because he is of Cuban decent he determined to be a "disadvantaged business" making him the preferred vendor.

Tell me please, how in America where all people of all nationality and race are all able to do the same things with their freedoms, does being of Cuban decent make for a disadvantage when being in business? This pisses me 2 fold. One as a business owner and one as a tax payer. As a tax payer i'm pissed to have to pay $45,000 more for the same finished product. As a business owner i feel like i'm at a clear disadvantage due to this AA.

I just can't figure out why makes his business disadvantaged? I don't get it.
Apparently being Cuban means you are somehow less capable is the only thing i get out of that policy

... either that or something about reparations for one wrong or another generations ago, white guilt, or something else that 48 would like to point out.
      09-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #28
48Laws
Captain

Quote:
....was and still am laughing.

It was funny because you were serious. Thats the joke, hence the reason i quoted it.
Again, you have no rebuttal. It's like catching a thief in the act whereby they have an awkward reaction to their own embarrassment and vulnerability. You cannot deny gravity. You cannot deny white privilege. I dare you. No! I CHALLENGE you to.......
      09-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #29
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Apparently being Cuban means you are somehow less capable is the only thing i get out of that policy

... either that or something about reparations for one wrong or another generations ago, white guilt, or something else that 48 would like to point out.
Well, any demographic that is considered a minority is eligible to be minority certified. This actually means every business owner other than a white man is disadvantaged.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
      09-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #30
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
You guys, 48Laws is the worst troll (or the best one) around here. It's better to just ignore him, because he is always right and everyone else is always wrong.

Armchair quaterbacks...
      09-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #31
cssnms
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
You guys, 48Laws is the worst troll (or the best one) around here. It's better to just ignore him, because he is always right and everyone else is always wrong.

Armchair quaterbacks...
Sounds a lot like somone else that use to frequent this section.
cssnms is offline   United_States
      09-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #32
48Laws
Captain

Only those unprepared to hash out their differences like adults wish to silence an opposing view. That's the only leverage you have. LOL Perhaps you're a troll wanting to take your ball home because no one agrees with you. You don't have the intellect to even begin to makes sense of the confusion in your brain.
      09-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #33
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Only those unprepared to hash out their differences like adults wish to silence an opposing view. That's the only leverage you have. LOL Perhaps you're a troll wanting to take your ball home because no one agrees with you. You don't have the intellect to even begin to makes sense of the confusion in your brain.
We're going to talk about intellect?

Proper spelling and grammar go a long way, champ...
      09-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #34
48Laws
Captain

That's another category you suck at. Great response from a true troll who's so frustrated he cannot articulate his point of view, he'd rather go back and forth causing a diversion.
      09-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #35
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
That's another category you suck at. Great response from a true troll who's so frustrated he cannot articulate his point of view, he'd rather go back and forth causing a diversion.
No, sorry... I don't debate with people who can't spell or use words correctly. It's inevitable, because eventually the true idiot in you will come out (although in this thread it already has).

You're the first one to pull out the race card in this subforum in a while. Why don't you tell us how you really feel? Anyone who doesn't agree with Obama's policies is a racist, right? Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're probably the only racist here...
      09-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #36
48Laws
Captain

Quote:
No, sorry... I don't debate with people who can't spell or use words correctly. It's inevitable, because eventually the true idiot in you will come out (although in this thread it already has).

How funny. You can't debate. And you can't debate with someone you know will expose you're nonsense.

Quote:
You're the first one to pull out the race card in this subforum in a while. Why don't you tell us how you really feel? Anyone who doesn't agree with Obama's policies is a racist, right? Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're probably the only racist here...
Are you intimidated by topics where race is of topic, huh? Typical whiny, crybaby internet kid. Who called you a racist? The topic was success. What policies are you talking about because I don't recall you going into depth about any Obama policies. Stop trollin'.
      09-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #37
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
How funny. You can't debate. And you can't debate with someone you know will expose you're nonsense.

Are you intimidated by topics where race is of topic, huh? Typical whiny, crybaby internet kid. Who called you a racist? The topic was success. What policies are you talking about because I don't recall you going into depth about any Obama policies. Stop trollin'.
You're the one that brought race into it. I'll talk race all day when that is the topic, but that's not what this thread is about and it never has been.

Only the REAL racists feel that race needs to be brought into every single issue or debate. YOU ARE A RACIST.

I can debate, I just don't do it with idiots that can't spell.

Shouldn't you be in class? You can't even distinguish between "your" and "you're" or "you are." What a moron... And you're the one saying you won't debate with people of "lower intellect." LMFAO!
      09-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #38
48Laws
Captain

Quote:
You're the one that brought race into it. I'll talk race all day when that is the topic, but that's not what this thread is about and it never has been.

Only the REAL racists feel that race needs to be brought into every single issue or debate. YOU ARE A RACIST.

I can debate, I just don't do it with idiots that can't spell.

Shouldn't you be in class? You can't even distinguish between "your" and "you're" or "you are." What a moron...
. If I made any of those careless errors, you can bet your whiny ass I did it in haste. Your maturity level isn't equipped to debate topics that aren't spoon-fed to you. That's why you easily frustrate over the mere suggestion that WHITE PRIVILEGE is real. Now I can't spell and Im racist. LOL. Any more strategies you can come up with to hide the fact you're an idiot playing in a forum you have no business in? You writing "racist" several times on your screen does nothing to quiet the facts, bucko. DEAL WITH IT!
      09-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #39
48Laws
Captain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege#History
      09-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #40
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
. If I made any of those careless errors, you can bet your whiny ass I did it in haste. Your maturity level isn't equipped to debate topics that aren't spoon-fed to you. That's why you easily frustrate over the mere suggestion that WHITE PRIVILEGE is real. Now I can't spell and Im racist. LOL. Any more strategies you can come up with to hide the fact you're an idiot playing in a forum you have no business in? You writing "racist" several times on your screen does nothing to quiet the facts, bucko. DEAL WITH IT!
Please, now you're putting words into my mouth because you KNOW you've got nothing. I never said it wasn't real, nor do I currently believe it isn't real. I know there are a lot of real issues out there regarding race from all angles, but that's not what this thread is about so I won't even comment on it... If you really want to debate race, make a thread about it (then see how fast it is deleted). The reason I called you out on it is because it's off topic, even though you seem to think it's all about race... Only real racists feel like that.

This was a topic on the statements the President made about people not necessarily being responsible for their successes with their businesses (or at least they aren't 100% responsible for their success due to government provided infrastructure and other items). Not once was any issue of race brought up until you implied that people that are successful (you used the last POTUS as an example) are only successful because of white privilege. You didn't even attribute success to what the President eventually said, you just jumped on "luck" and then finally, white privilege. And when people call you out on making wild assumptions, all you do is say they are insulting you and you ignore their statements. You don't know any of us, and we don't know you. You have no idea why any of us may or may not be successful, so attributing it to "luck" and "association" are just wild assumptions. I could go out and make quite a few assumptions about you based on your asinine comments, but I won't even bother. Like I said, tell us how you really feel...

And I'm sorry, but it's not hard to type or spell correctly, so I don't buy the "I did it in haste" argument. The fact that you went on a little rant about people's intellect was laughable, especially considering all the "mistakes" you made. An intelligent person doesn't confuse "your" and "you're."
      09-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #41
48Laws
Captain

Looks like Mr. I don't debate with yadda yadda yadda broke and wants to debate. All that posturing meant nothing afterall. I'll read that later.
      09-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #42
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Looks like Mr. I don't debate with yadda yadda yadda broke and wants to debate. All that posturing meant nothing afterall. I'll read that later.
You do that... I'll be putting you on ignore since all you can do is make assumptions and pretend it's fact.

Last edited by Templar; 09-20-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Templar is offline   United_States
      09-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #43
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

Drives: M3

Quote:
I'll be putting you on ignore since all you can do is make assumptions and pretend it's fact.
Just wait long enough, and you may not even have to do that.

Lots of patterns being repeated here, reminds me a LOT of Scotch, and curiously enough, he was really hung up on the whole race thing too.
People are only successful because of white privilege. A black man will never occupy any position of power. Riiiight...

Left-coast left-wingers and their escalating rage about any array of real or perceived injustices prevents them from biting their tongue and not commenting, and the tone of such comments tends to get more angry and personal over time, until the mods notice they have violated the usage terms and they get banned.
      09-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #44
48Laws
Captain

Quote:
Please, now you're putting words into my mouth because you KNOW you've got nothing. I never said it wasn't real, nor do I currently believe it isn't real. I know there are a lot of real issues out there regarding race from all angles, but that's not what this thread is about so I won't even comment on it... If you really want to debate race, make a thread about it (then see how fast it is deleted). The reason I called you out on it is because it's off topic, even though you seem to think it's all about race... Only real racists feel like that.
Oh, the obligatory internet, "putting words into my mouth" comment. When you think about it for a second, that statement is both impossible and just plain stupid. Only an overly-sensitive critic of things involving race would be so quick to label a person a racist when there was nothing racist about my comments to begin with. Which is why your post is empty of any real content. It's just you whining because you can't understand the context in which I wrote it. Knee-jerk reaction from a jerk.

Quote:
This was a topic on the statements the President made about people not necessarily being responsible for their successes with their businesses (or at least they aren't 100% responsible for their success due to government provided infrastructure and other items). Not once was any issue of race brought up until you implied that people that are successful (you used the last POTUS as an example) are only successful because of white privilege. You didn't even attribute success to what the President eventually said, you just jumped on "luck" and then finally, white privilege. And when people call you out on making wild assumptions, all you do is say they are insulting you and you ignore their statements. You don't know any of us, and we don't know you. You have no idea why any of us may or may not be successful, so attributing it to "luck" and "association" are just wild assumptions. I could go out and make quite a few assumptions about you based on your asinine comments, but I won't even bother. Like I said, tell us how you really feel...
For the record, Mr. Hall Monitor, I mentioned that success is not necessarily a result of hard work. As there are plenty of Americans working hard. Luck, association and other complex variables, SUCH AS WHITE PRIVILEGE, for example (BUSH), along with other privileges unrelated to RACE, by the way, play into where all of us end up in life. Can you comprehend that???? Is that racists???? I can tell you that most people get their jobs by word-of-mouth or by knowing someone who has access to their job/career. Do you think Bush worked hard? Did luck and his association with certain figures contribute to his "success"? He is not the best example of white privilege? I thought so....

Quote:
And I'm sorry, but it's not hard to type or spell correctly, so I don't buy the "I did it in haste" argument. The fact that you went on a little rant about people's intellect was laughable, especially considering all the "mistakes" you made. An intelligent person doesn't confuse "your" and "you're."
LOCATE MY MISTAKES! Go ahead since you're banking on that as an awesome rebuttal. Talk about being off-topic.

You don't have to buy anything. What you're doing is finding ways to cause a diversion. It's not working. You can continue to use the typical internet kiddie game of spell check but that does nothing to mask your immaturity and inability to go head-to-head with me.
Closed Thread