E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Getting a fair deal

09-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
rich1068
has left the building

Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Getting a fair deal

We all know that the new customer is king and shopping around is the thing to do. But as existing and 'loyal' customers to a particular brand, why are we penalised? Why should the new customer who may shift his loyalty every 12 months get all the benefits? What about the poor sap who enjoys a particular product and who gets shafted every time they renew or upgrade? I've got customers who have dealt with my family for 30 years. How long do you think I'd keep their custom if I added to their quotes just because I knew them and knocked off for new customers on the off chance they'll come back? New customers are obviously very important to any business but surely a solid base of repeat custom is the bedrock of any business?

Am I totally out of touch?
rich1068 is offline   United Kingdom
      09-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
mowflow
Colonel

Drives: F20 125d

Is it insurance renewal time or something
mowflow is offline   Scotland
      09-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Kerr
Brigadier General

Drives: 08' 335i Coupe

He wants an iPhone 5.
Kerr is offline   Scotland
      09-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
mowflow
Colonel

That was my second thought.
      09-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
Yoro35i
TROll

Drives: E92 335I M

that's how they are, last time when i call up my network regarding upgrade i told them that my mum has been with them for 20 years on the same contract and they cannot offer any decent discount. I told them we have we 5 vodafone accounts and if this is how we are dealt with we are all leaving...the CS kindly said do you want me to transfer you to cancel your contract!!!
MY08 E92 335i M Sport|Wrap by Surrey Project |ETS Intercooler|VSRF Dp's|BMS OCC|BMC filter|CoBB AP|EBC Yellow & Coolcarbons rear|Alpina AT Map|Michelin PSS |CF grills,CF mirror,CF Performace spoiler|LCI light|CIC controller retrofit|2014 Mods: Birds B3 Suspension kit,Project Mu pads,Afe Filter and PTF Protune & Pilot sports cups. Gone:Forged FMIC, Eisenmann Race Quad, Eisenmann Sport Dual, Duke Dynamic Diffuser. Eibach Pro springs.
Yoro35i is offline   United Kingdom
      09-19-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
Sir_Pigley
Captain

Drives: 525d M Sport

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to Sir_Pigley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i View Post
the CS kindly said do you want me to transfer you to cancel your contract!!!
That is standard. When you are transferred you end up speaking to a retentions representative who will have more scope to offer you a discounted deal. Quite often when you play hardball with the CS they positively encourage you to say that you want to cancel, because they are only authorised to put you through to the retentions team when you have specifically requested them to do so.
Sir_Pigley is offline   United Kingdom
      09-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #7
rich1068
has left the building

Actually what got my goat this time was dealing with Sky re: their new Fibre service. I ordered it on Saturday and stumped up 50 connection. Then I found out customers new to Sky don't have to pay it.
      09-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
zltm089
Major General

Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i View Post
that's how they are, last time when i call up my network regarding upgrade i told them that my mum has been with them for 20 years on the same contract and they cannot offer any decent discount. I told them we have we 5 vodafone accounts and if this is how we are dealt with we are all leaving...the CS kindly said do you want me to transfer you to cancel your contract!!!
fcuk vodafone! they can burn in hell!...they're a bunch of tw8ts.

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
      09-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
Uk 330d
Captain

Drives: E93 330i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Actually what got my goat this time was dealing with Sky re: their new Fibre service. I ordered it on Saturday and stumped up 50 connection. Then I found out customers new to Sky don't have to pay it.
Sky tried the same stunt with me when I wanted the Sky 1TB box, they wanted to charge me 149 + 15 p+p for the box, told them to stick it and that I wanted to cancel my subscription. Was put through to cancellations, they made a few offers, I turned them down and insisted I wanted to cancel, then they told me I can have the box for free as long as I paid the p+p, ok go on the I said.

Sky do play hardball, I've found out to my cost over the years, so now I play harder with them.
Uk 330d is offline   England
      09-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
rich1068
has left the building

Shouldn't have to be that way though should it? I shouldn't have to threaten to cancel my whole Sky subscription and speak to someone in retentions just to get a reasonable deal. There should be no 'hardball' involved.

Unfortunately I've got a bee in my bonnet about this and I think I may cancel the upgrade. I'm out of contract with all my Sky stuff and might cancel the whole lot. Bugger retentions and arsing about trying to negotiate. I'll just go back to Freeview. Or even FreeSat. I'm not playing that game.
      09-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #11
fulcrum
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 330 M Sport

Why not ask them to match the BT infinity deal for new customers and if not a PAC and go with BT?
fulcrum is offline   United Kingdom
      09-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
Uk 330d
Captain

Drives: E93 330i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Shouldn't have to be that way though should it? I shouldn't have to threaten to cancel my whole Sky subscription and speak to someone in retentions just to get a reasonable deal. There should be no 'hardball' involved.

Unfortunately I've got a bee in my bonnet about this and I think I may cancel the upgrade. I'm out of contract with all my Sky stuff and might cancel the whole lot. Bugger retentions and arsing about trying to negotiate. I'll just go back to Freeview. Or even FreeSat. I'm not playing that game.
Totally agree with you, no way should it be that way, just seems to be the way various companies run their business, they rely on people just paying up with no fuss, kick up a fuss and see how far you can push them.

Don't know if you are married or not, but could try cancelling your subscription and taking another in your partners name if it's different. Get a friend to refer you and cash in some M&S vouchers as well.
Uk 330d is offline   England
      09-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #13
mowflow
Colonel

You've got to play the game with all these companies. If you don't you'll just continually be taken for a mug.

Play the game..... Or else
      09-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #14
quattrogmbh
Captain

Drives: BMW

I was in a similar situation with Sky. Their boxes continually failed, then after the 3rd attempt to fix within a 3 week period they told me I would have to pay for an engineer visit. Rather than try to appease the customer for the inconvenience of having to wait in for an engineer to replace their faulty kit, they decided to charge.

I cancelled and went Freesat on a Humax box. I don't miss a single bit of Sky.

They do keep sending me offers though that are getting more tempting each time. Last one was for a 1TB HD box + Multiroom + all packs inc HD, Sports and Movies for 25 quid a month for a years contract.

Still, I won't be returning.
      09-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #15
Yoro35i
TROll

Drives: E92 335I M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Pigley View Post
That is standard. When you are transferred you end up speaking to a retentions representative who will have more scope to offer you a discounted deal. Quite often when you play hardball with the CS they positively encourage you to say that you want to cancel, because they are only authorised to put you through to the retentions team when you have specifically requested them to do so.
I know..the other half of the story is after putting me thur i got a 60 pound off any handset so at that time i've found out its best deal to go with a 18 month pland and pay 30 pounds for S2.

i don't understand why companies don't value their loyal customers? why must i spend a good 60 mins down the thur talking life theories to the CS
MY08 E92 335i M Sport|Wrap by Surrey Project |ETS Intercooler|VSRF Dp's|BMS OCC|BMC filter|CoBB AP|EBC Yellow & Coolcarbons rear|Alpina AT Map|Michelin PSS |CF grills,CF mirror,CF Performace spoiler|LCI light|CIC controller retrofit|2014 Mods: Birds B3 Suspension kit,Project Mu pads,Afe Filter and PTF Protune & Pilot sports cups. Gone:Forged FMIC, Eisenmann Race Quad, Eisenmann Sport Dual, Duke Dynamic Diffuser. Eibach Pro springs.
Yoro35i is offline   United Kingdom
      09-20-2012, 03:22 AM   #16
rich1068
has left the building

A result. Of sorts. Not the cash back into my account (which I didn't really expect) but a reduction on my TV package that more than makes up the 50 outlay. All done without being arsey or threatening to leave or any of that malarky. It shouldn't have come to this but I'm happy with the outcome.