E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > fuel pump!!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-31-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
3pete3the5greekI
The GrEeK
3pete3the5greekI's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
3,548
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335xi M EBII
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Westbury, NY, Strong Island!!

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to 3pete3the5greekI
Unhappy fuel pump!!!!

who has this problem..its bullshit...mine finaly came in from back order and if i want a loner car i have to wait till the end of the month to get it installed wtf..with out loaner next week....idk
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 04:14 PM   #2
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
Bimmer335i07's Avatar
United_States
233
Rep
15,801
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ...

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Today is the end of the month. lol!



All kidding aside. They should have a loaner ready for you. Especially if they had to order the HPFP for you. I mean, if it's not serious. Just drive your car until they have a loaner for you.

GL!

I'm waiting on mine to arrive too.
__________________

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
3pete3the5greekI
The GrEeK
3pete3the5greekI's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
3,548
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335xi M EBII
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Westbury, NY, Strong Island!!

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to 3pete3the5greekI
Yea I Think Im Just Gunna Tell Them To Do It At The End Of The Month Cuz Like Yea The Car Is Drivable So Yea...but Yea Gl To U 2 Wit Dat
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #4
Cookiemonster
Captain
Cookiemonster's Avatar
7
Rep
791
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335XI e92
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jupiter

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pete3the5greekI View Post
Yea I Think Im Just Gunna Tell Them To Do It At The End Of The Month Cuz Like Yea The Car Is Drivable So Yea...but Yea Gl To U 2 Wit Dat

WHAT?
__________________
2007 335I sedan (retired)
2010 335xi coupe
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #5
ljg335i
Private First Class
3
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328xi LCI
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

He Has a Problem With His Shift Key
__________________
Current:
2011 328xi BSM/Black
Past:
2002 325i/2007 335i/2004.5 A41.8T
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #6
ljg335i
Private First Class
3
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328xi LCI
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

:: on that note, my fuel pump is getting changed today - its only a few hour job (or so I was told)
__________________
Current:
2011 328xi BSM/Black
Past:
2002 325i/2007 335i/2004.5 A41.8T
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #7
mesier1111
Banned
mesier1111's Avatar
20
Rep
1,628
Posts

 
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bucks County, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pete3the5greekI View Post
who has this problem..its bullshit...mine finaly came in from back order and if i want a loner car i have to wait till the end of the month to get it installed wtf..with out loaner next week....idk
3 words for you: YOUR DEALER SUCKS
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 10:59 AM   #8
Cookiemonster
Captain
Cookiemonster's Avatar
7
Rep
791
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335XI e92
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jupiter

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljg335i View Post
:: on that note, my fuel pump is getting changed today - its only a few hour job (or so I was told)
Mine is done. Picking it up today
__________________
2007 335I sedan (retired)
2010 335xi coupe
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 01:19 PM   #9
ljg335i
Private First Class
3
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328xi LCI
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

haha, im waiting for the call to pick mine up - cant wait for long start to be gone! also, post your p/n when you get your service receipt
__________________
Current:
2011 328xi BSM/Black
Past:
2002 325i/2007 335i/2004.5 A41.8T
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #10
rooster3.0
Major
13
Rep
1,305
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemonster View Post
Mine is done. Picking it up today

HELLS YEAH BROTHA!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #11
Cookiemonster
Captain
Cookiemonster's Avatar
7
Rep
791
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335XI e92
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jupiter

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljg335i View Post
haha, im waiting for the call to pick mine up - cant wait for long start to be gone! also, post your p/n when you get your service receipt
same part number....SA said it is A revised/redesigned part that will carry the same number....same thing my BMWNA rep said. Starts like magic now. Car seems way strong almost like it still has the Gizmo attached.

Blew away a new Acura TL type "S" out of the toll booth on the parkway had a good two lengths on him by 70 or so I started at about 5mph in second gear...........:rocks: I like the quad tail pipes on those things......wonder if he liked my tailpipes....he definetly saw them

Hot as hell tonight.....car outside thermo read 86 degrees at 8:00pm.
__________________
2007 335I sedan (retired)
2010 335xi coupe
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #12
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
Bimmer335i07's Avatar
United_States
233
Rep
15,801
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ...

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemonster View Post
same part number....SA said it is A revised/redesigned part that will carry the same number....same thing my BMWNA rep said. Starts like magic now. Car seems way strong almost like it still has the Gizmo attached.

Blew away a new Acura TL type "S" out of the toll booth on the parkway had a good two lengths on him by 70 or so I started at about 5mph in second gear...........:rocks: I like the quad tail pipes on those things......wonder if he liked my tailpipes....he definetly saw them

Hot as hell tonight.....car outside thermo read 86 degrees at 8:00pm.
lol! Glad to hear you enjoyed your first day with the new HPFP.

Nice kill btw!

:rocks:
__________________

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 11:02 PM   #13
ljg335i
Private First Class
3
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328xi LCI
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemonster View Post
same part number....SA said it is A revised/redesigned part that will carry the same number....same thing my BMWNA rep said. Starts like magic now. Car seems way strong almost like it still has the Gizmo attached.

Blew away a new Acura TL type "S" out of the toll booth on the parkway had a good two lengths on him by 70 or so I started at about 5mph in second gear...........:rocks: I like the quad tail pipes on those things......wonder if he liked my tailpipes....he definetly saw them

Hot as hell tonight.....car outside thermo read 86 degrees at 8:00pm.
yeah, same for me - its the same p/n but has been starting flawlessly thus far!
__________________
Current:
2011 328xi BSM/Black
Past:
2002 325i/2007 335i/2004.5 A41.8T
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 11:44 PM   #14
3pete3the5greekI
The GrEeK
3pete3the5greekI's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
3,548
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335xi M EBII
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Westbury, NY, Strong Island!!

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to 3pete3the5greekI
yea i found ou tits only a 3 hr job and im gettign it done monday..its my only day off haha so its all good...but i hate starting my car in public places no whaha i feel so embaresed haha....
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 08:12 AM   #15
ljg335i
Private First Class
3
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328xi LCI
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

i feel your pain! (well, felt )
__________________
Current:
2011 328xi BSM/Black
Past:
2002 325i/2007 335i/2004.5 A41.8T
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #16
continentalg5
Major
continentalg5's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,074
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

May I ask how long you all waited in total to get your pumps?

Mine had a long crank only one time a few weeks ago, and since then it has behaved well.

Is mine going out the door?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #17
ljg335i
Private First Class
3
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328xi LCI
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Mine had a long crank for a couple of months, that was the only symptom I ever had. The dealer preemptively ordered me a pump, which came about 3 weeks later. My car was never stranded. Drive it like you stole it, don't even worry about the pump. If you get long-crank more often, just drop by the dealer and they should order you a pump, or it might be in stock at that point - leaving you without your car for less than a day.

HPFP is becoming much less of an issue now.
__________________
Current:
2011 328xi BSM/Black
Past:
2002 325i/2007 335i/2004.5 A41.8T
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #18
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
Bimmer335i07's Avatar
United_States
233
Rep
15,801
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ...

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by continentalg5 View Post
May I ask how long you all waited in total to get your pumps?

Mine had a long crank only one time a few weeks ago, and since then it has behaved well.

Is mine going out the door?
Your dealer should have a machine to test the fuel pump. My suggestion is, when you have time, take your car into the dealer and they will be able to diagnose if you have the bad HPFP or not.
__________________

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 10:33 PM   #19
continentalg5
Major
continentalg5's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,074
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljg335i View Post
Mine had a long crank for a couple of months, that was the only symptom I ever had. The dealer preemptively ordered me a pump, which came about 3 weeks later. My car was never stranded. Drive it like you stole it, don't even worry about the pump. If you get long-crank more often, just drop by the dealer and they should order you a pump, or it might be in stock at that point - leaving you without your car for less than a day.

HPFP is becoming much less of an issue now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i07 View Post
Your dealer should have a machine to test the fuel pump. My suggestion is, when you have time, take your car into the dealer and they will be able to diagnose if you have the bad HPFP or not.
Thank you both for your advice!

I'm going to bring it in just so I can sleep easy at night knowing exactly what's going on with my car.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 10:34 PM   #20
3pete3the5greekI
The GrEeK
3pete3the5greekI's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
3,548
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335xi M EBII
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Westbury, NY, Strong Island!!

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to 3pete3the5greekI
thast right ....ride it like u stole it baby!!!! yeaa mine long cranck like at least2-5 daily bbut w/e that only symtom ive had also...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 08:17 AM   #21
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
Bimmer335i07's Avatar
United_States
233
Rep
15,801
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ...

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Got a call from my SA yesterday and he told me that the HPFP arrived too! Since my car was at the bodyshop they just took it from there to install the new HPFP. The car should be ready today and hopefully once my black lines come in from the dealer, I'll be able to pick up my car today.
__________________

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #22
Eazyrock
Major
Eazyrock's Avatar
Guyana
14
Rep
1,284
Posts

 
Drives: 08' Helix 335i E93
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey City, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Eazyrock
they so better have this problem fixed in the 08's
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST