E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Trying out E85 with JB4...

09-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #23
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
Thanks... I wasn't aware they vin locked. So how are people selling their used access ports if they lock? Will COBB unlock them? Honestly, I wouldn't mind having one if the price was right. Just so I could backup my current DME in case the dealership does something to my car if I take it in for CPO.
When you install Cobb it "marry's" to your car/vin.

When you uninstall Cobb, it will "un-marry" and then you can install it on another car. I'm a PM away if you need anything.
Jeff@TopGearSolutions is offline   United_States
      09-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #24
skinrock
Agent Smith

Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
Thanks... I wasn't aware they vin locked. So how are people selling their used access ports if they lock? Will COBB unlock them? Honestly, I wouldn't mind having one if the price was right. Just so I could backup my current DME in case the dealership does something to my car if I take it in for CPO.
The seller needs to uninstall/unmarry it from their car, otherwise the buyer will be very upset. I just sold mine yesterday and had to remove it before doing so.
      09-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #25
Wedge1967
Colonel

Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Haha, so you divorced the old lady for a single turbo upgrade didn't ya...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
The seller needs to uninstall/unmarry it from their car, otherwise the buyer will be very upset. I just sold mine yesterday and had to remove it before doing so.
Wedge1967 is offline   United_States
      09-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #26
iDriveSlo
Captain

Drives: 335i Coupe M-Sport Lemans blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugs View Post
No reason to turn auto tune off. Upgrade to latest FW-

Also- OP. the shuttering u got was the auto learn. It was a learning. What you think the motor will blow? Not happening. Ever. Car has too many fail safes. Single turbo set ups running almost double Hp and tq. And you newbs think your going to blow your engine with a map not even a flash. Smh

You guys make me laugh with ur fear and "roll of the dice" comments

Such newbs.
You could probably be a bit less of a condescending ass when the guys is just getting his feet wet lol MOST people are pretty cautious doing anything to something they just dropped 25k+ on. Last time I checked it is just being responsible! Cut him some slack.

OP post some logs. My car did the same thing the first one or two pulls in map 5 until it set the proper parameters.
      09-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #27
Wedge1967
Colonel

Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

As much as I would like to share that information, I think for now it's best that I don't because I'm running a beta firmware and custom maps. As soon as I get public firmware and maps I'll publish some information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
Please do log when you run 90% (without meth) and post the results . also do you have logs on 60%?
Wedge1967 is offline   United_States
      09-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #28
Willizm
Captain

Drives: 2009 335Xi and 01 Trans Am WS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugs View Post
No reason to turn auto tune off. Upgrade to latest FW-

Also- OP. the shuttering u got was the auto learn. It was a learning. What you think the motor will blow? Not happening. Ever. Car has too many fail safes. Single turbo set ups running almost double Hp and tq. And you newbs think your going to blow your engine with a map not even a flash. Smh

You guys make me laugh with ur fear and "roll of the dice" comments

Such newbs.
You can blow a motor regardless of how much power it's making. I agree though there are alot of fail safes that the n54 has that I wish my Turbo LS1 would have. Got to be spot on with the tune or I'm going to have a very bad day in the Pontiac
      09-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #29
robc1976
DIYER

Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
Please do log when you run 90% (without meth) and post the results . also do you have logs on 60%?
I would be interested in this, I have the G5 and will be getting the Cobb flash to straighten out the high fuel trims...car only allows 35% mix but I do still hit 17-18 psi. But would be interesting to see the logs.
JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, RB turbos W/3.5 N20 sensor, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, Meyle HD tie-rods, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport coilovers, Power-Flex subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
      09-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #30
TxBeem
Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 E90

UPdate: I'm the OP and I turned off auto clear and drove around today. I just came back from work and right before I that I did 3 WOT in 2nd and 3 rd gear. NO MISFIRES, NO STUTTERS like before. I got the codes read and basically the same 2 codes since I switched out my cats:
29F4 10740 Catalytic converter 1 inefficiency
29F5 10741 Catalytic converter 2 inefficiency

So I believe that there was a learning curve on the JB4 with e85. It is smooth as a baby's bum on acceleration and it is fast. I thought you couldn't go any faster with FBO outside of getting meth or upgraded turbos but with 40% e85 I'm loving it. I will still do some logs and send them to Terry but for what it's worth...I love my e90 more now than ever before. (and i just got OSS and LCI rear conversion)

Thanks for all the help guys! Like most of us on these forums we all work really hard to play even harder and I don't always have time to sit in front of a computer and read for hours on something. Plus I got a family too. So good help from good people is a blessing. Stupid comments like I have seen on my own thread just shows you lack character. see ya!