E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Anyone Installed an Alpine pxe-h650 Sound processor??

09-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
Alistair330
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: BMW 330d M Sport

Anyone Installed an Alpine pxe-h650 Sound processor??

Has anyone Installed an Alpine pxe-h650 Sound processor, who could give advise on how to wire it up??

I've just bought one to rectify the terrible 'Professional' HU Frequency EQ. I know the JBL MS8 is the most popular on the forum but it was more than x3 the price I got the Alpine for.

I'm looking for the best configuration using Speaker Level inputs? There appears to be 2 obvious options depending on whether you use 1 Full range signal or High and Low signals (2-Way output).

I'm also considering using my existing LOC to feed it via RCA's if that is reccomended?

My current set up:

4" MB Quart Components (Front)
4" HiFonics (Made by MB Quart) Coaxial's Rear.
Custom Made acrylic speaker adaptors
Alpine MRP-T222 2Ch Amp powering Components
Alpine MRP-M352 Class D Monoblock Amp powering std Underseat Subs/Mids
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
afsar
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40d

If L7 isn't required H650 is good for its price. I had it for sometime but then went for MS-8 as my primary goal was L7. Also H650 won't support rear pdc if you have.

For signal level I would recommend recoding HU to hifi which produces low level output. Also depends upon what HU have you got.
Retrofits M5 heated/lumbar/memory and active backrest adjustment seats, rear heated and folding g seats, SAT Shifter, paddles (SA2TB), HUD, Rear blinds, Electric steering column, SA430 Folding and EC Mirrors, High Beam Assist, CIC, COMBOX Telematics.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
afsar
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Also make sure you underseats are in stereo to get better imaging.
Retrofits M5 heated/lumbar/memory and active backrest adjustment seats, rear heated and folding g seats, SAT Shifter, paddles (SA2TB), HUD, Rear blinds, Electric steering column, SA430 Folding and EC Mirrors, High Beam Assist, CIC, COMBOX Telematics.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Alistair330
United Kingdom
Rep

Ooops!!

Ooops,
Sorry, just realised this has post in the classifieds sections! Is it possible to move this to the Audio section?
      09-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
Alistair330
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the suggestions!

Why/How does it affect the pdc?

My plan is to buy a 6ch amp in the future so the Subs can be run in stereo. With my Mono, I'm stuck with Mono!

I would like L7 but in time I hope my set up to be better than L7.
L7 speakers (Mids/Tweeters & Subs) are not the best.
      09-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
Alistair330
United Kingdom
Rep

Ahhh, think I've worked out the pdc problem
The pdc beep is produced by the rear speakers and the Alpine H650 has no input for rear peakers

It only takes inputs from the front speakers and then produces Front and Rear (+Sub) outputs.

Only question is, why can't you use the rear speaker signals from the HU instead of the front? I know they are heavily EQ'd but shouldn't the Alpine H650 sort that?

Any help / Suggestions greatly appreciated!!
      09-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #7
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Send a message via MSN to MEGA
There is an adapter unit you can buy, it's basically a small speaker for the PDC which is independantly powered. Autoleads sell it. I bought one for the last car and didn't bother with wiring the rear speakers up at all.

Let me know if you can find a more elegant solution..
      09-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair330
Ahhh, think I've worked out the pdc problem
The pdc beep is produced by the rear speakers and the Alpine H650 has no input for rear peakers

It only takes inputs from the front speakers and then produces Front and Rear (+Sub) outputs.

Only question is, why can't you use the rear speaker signals from the HU instead of the front? I know they are heavily EQ'd but shouldn't the Alpine H650 sort that?

Any help / Suggestions greatly appreciated!!
Run it on rears and if its a good processor, it should clean all filters and reproduce the music and pdc sound.
If no luck, calibrate again by parking against the wall with rear gear on and pdc doing their job.
      09-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #9
afsar
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

If you run it from rear input front pdc (if you have one like I had) will be silent then. It is bit of pain.

Also I read somewhere volume control from H650 was the only volume control possible, no way to control volume from the head unit.

Wonder who thought this will be a good idea.
Appreciate 0