E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Replace Waterpump & T-Stat. Shop Recommendation?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
Reketjr
SSgt
 
Drives: 07' BMW 335i Coupe (E92)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: McGuire AFB, NJ

Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)

Replace Waterpump & T-Stat. Shop Recommendation?

I have the water pump & T-stat w/ all bolts. Anyone know a shop that can replace it for a reasonable price? Its around a 2hr job and shops are quoting me $350-400! Thanks in Advance!
__________________
2007 BMW E92 335i / Saddle Brown / Montego Blue / JB4 / BMS DCI / Straight Pipes W/ 4" Tips / Aero Lip / OSS Angel Eyes

Last edited by Reketjr; 09-15-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Reketjr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: 917-939-4980
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 18,255
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
That's the going rate
__________________

Coding E and F New York 917-939-4980
cn555ic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
joeyrocks
Private
 
Drives: White 335i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Whitestone, NY

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Whatever u do definitely go with the shop that offers the cheapest price. They will do the right job and must know what they are doing. The shops that charge 350 must not know anything..

Good luck with your leaky water pump goals in 2012
joeyrocks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
Cocote43
Cocote
 
Cocote43's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan '08
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Jersey

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Water Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reketjr View Post
I have the water pump & T-stat w/ all bolts. Anyone know a shop that can replace it for a reasonable price? Its around a 2hr job and shops are quoting me $350-400! Thanks in Advance!

P.S. I have an extra water pump & T-stat BRAND NEW from BMW for sale. Pm me if interested.
Hey man..sorry to hear that...i was there a few months ago. I am not sure of any shops around here in Jersey, but BMW will charge you about $1,000 just for labor. That what I got charged. Would you mind just doing it on your own ? Let me know if anything.
Cocote43 is offline   Dominican Republic
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Reketjr
SSgt
 
Drives: 07' BMW 335i Coupe (E92)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: McGuire AFB, NJ

Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyrocks View Post
Whatever u do definitely go with the shop that offers the cheapest price. They will do the right job and must know what they are doing. The shops that charge 350 must not know anything..

Good luck with your leaky water pump goals in 2012
Hey thanks for your quality feedback! Just not really trying to pay $150hr for labor. Just looking if anyone may be doing this for a bit cheaper. I'm in the military... I got a budget.
__________________
2007 BMW E92 335i / Saddle Brown / Montego Blue / JB4 / BMS DCI / Straight Pipes W/ 4" Tips / Aero Lip / OSS Angel Eyes
Reketjr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
Cocote43
Cocote
 
Cocote43's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan '08
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Jersey

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reketjr View Post
Hey thanks for your quality feedback! Just not really trying to pay $150hr for labor. Just looking if anyone may be doing this for a bit cheaper. I'm in the military... I got a budget.
Same here lol, thats why I bought the parts. The shop is charging you the 300-400 for what exactly ? pump...t-stat...and what else ?
Cocote43 is offline   Dominican Republic
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
Reketjr
SSgt
 
Drives: 07' BMW 335i Coupe (E92)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: McGuire AFB, NJ

Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)

I've got ALL the parts. They're charging me $350+ purely for installation and $10 for coolant. This is more of preventative maintenance so I'm definitely going to call around.
__________________
2007 BMW E92 335i / Saddle Brown / Montego Blue / JB4 / BMS DCI / Straight Pipes W/ 4" Tips / Aero Lip / OSS Angel Eyes
Reketjr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
Cocote43
Cocote
 
Cocote43's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan '08
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Jersey

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reketjr View Post
I've got ALL the parts. They're charging me $350+ purely for installation and $10 for coolant. This is more of preventative maintenance so I'm definitely going to call around.
Ok...how bout doing it yourself ?? is not that bad after all if you have tools. Hell i would offer assistance but UTA coming up.
Cocote43 is offline   Dominican Republic
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #9
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: 917-939-4980
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 18,255
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyrocks View Post
Whatever u do definitely go with the shop that offers the cheapest price. They will do the right job and must know what they are doing. The shops that charge 350 must not know anything..

Good luck with your leaky water pump goals in 2012
Shops that tell you right off the bat that it can be done for 150 are the shops that actually dont know about BMWs especially the N54. Its a bitch to change out trust me on this..
__________________

Coding E and F New York 917-939-4980
cn555ic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #10
Reketjr
SSgt
 
Drives: 07' BMW 335i Coupe (E92)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: McGuire AFB, NJ

Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocote43 View Post
Ok...how bout doing it yourself ?? is not that bad after all if you have tools. Hell i would offer assistance but UTA coming up.
Appreciate the offer man but I'm most likely just going to probably take it into Helix for them to do it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Shops that tell you right off the bat that it can be done for 150 are the shops that actually dont know about BMWs especially the N54. Its a bitch to change out trust me on this..
Definitely want to take it to a reputable shop that has done this job before!
__________________
2007 BMW E92 335i / Saddle Brown / Montego Blue / JB4 / BMS DCI / Straight Pipes W/ 4" Tips / Aero Lip / OSS Angel Eyes
Reketjr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #11
Cocote43
Cocote
 
Cocote43's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan '08
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Jersey

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reketjr View Post
Appreciate the offer man but I'm most likely just going to probably take it into Helix for them to do it.



Definitely want to take it to a reputable shop that has done this job before!
Completely understand. All you need is a little desire to get it done. I found it a little tough, but it is doable. Plus, I don't know of many shops around the South Jersey area and for me to just bring it to anyone that doesn't know about the n54 was too much...Ppl don't understand that the 335i is a very specific model of BMW. But good luck anyhow man. Let me know some info on the shop for future reference.

BTW, for anyone that does not know, BMW offers 2 year or 24K mile warranty when you buy parts from them.
Cocote43 is offline   Dominican Republic
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #12
Joe-
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenwich CT

Posts: 520
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocote43 View Post
Completely understand. All you need is a little desire to get it done. I found it a little tough, but it is doable. Plus, I don't know of many shops around the South Jersey area and for me to just bring it to anyone that doesn't know about the n54 was too much...Ppl don't understand that the 335i is a very specific model of BMW. But good luck anyhow man. Let me know some info on the shop for future reference.

BTW, for anyone that does not know, BMW offers 2 year or 24K mile warranty when you buy parts from them.


I don't know what BMW dealerships you buy your parts from but everyone that I have bought from it 2 Years unlimited mileage.
Joe- is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #13
New JerZ
Private
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, TX

Posts: 96
iTrader: (0)

Ak motorworks, located in central NJ, quoted me 900 for parts and labor. They do a great job and have evening hours for people who work. They're on these boards, look around for alex@akmotorworks.

Edit:they specialize in BMW performance and service.
New JerZ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
hemi to e90
Lieutenant Colonel
 
hemi to e90's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 335i, 08 s550
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: staten island

Posts: 1,545
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyrocks View Post
Whatever u do definitely go with the shop that offers the cheapest price. They will do the right job and must know what they are doing. The shops that charge 350 must not know anything..

Good luck with your leaky water pump goals in 2012
this had me in stitches.
__________________
hemi to e90 is offline   Poland
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #15
Cocote43
Cocote
 
Cocote43's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan '08
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Jersey

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe- View Post
I don't know what BMW dealerships you buy your parts from but everyone that I have bought from it 2 Years unlimited mileage.
Well, I am only going by what they told me, unless they vary from dealership to dealership or maybe state-to-state. I'll have to re-verify that now that you mention it.
Cocote43 is offline   Dominican Republic
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #16
ac09lude
Private First Class
 
ac09lude's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Long Island

Posts: 175
iTrader: (2)

Camber toe
__________________
2007 335i e92 /// JB3 /// BMS DCI /// H&R Sport Springs
ac09lude is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #17
Xtrs87x
New Member
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Plainsboro nj

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

I'll help you out I did a water pump on a scion once lol how many miles does your car have?
Xtrs87x is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST