E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > WHo wants a v.cheap F30 330d lease...and M135i inbound



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #23
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
46
Rep
3,723
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

iTrader: (0)

I did enquire at Aberdeen BMW about one last week.

They have a demo coming in at the end of next month.

Here is a review from EVO.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc...5i_review.html

Very positive and especially on the sound front.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 04:05 AM   #24
MEGA
Dieseasal
MEGA's Avatar
United Kingdom
108
Rep
6,849
Posts

 
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrow, London

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to MEGA
You won't get that MPG in traffic. High 20s is my guess. But easy high 40s on a motorway for a petrol car with that much power is very impressive.

I get high 20s around town in the 335d and don't have the soundtrack you have.

I bet there's scope to get the M135 remapped as well? Wonder how much it can be pushed to..

I'll say I'm still not sold on the looks but the overall package definitely.
__________________
Previously: 2003 Peugeot 206 1.6 8v | 2006 E90 320d M-Sport, 19" BBS CH, Full Ice-cold JL audio install, August 2010 Total BMW 6 page feature car. | 2003 Nissan 350Z GT Coupe 286BHP
Now:2010 E92 LCI 335d M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 04:06 AM   #25
webwysard
Captain
webwysard's Avatar
United Kingdom
11
Rep
674
Posts

 
Drives: CUPRA R
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North West

iTrader: (3)

Found this video...



at 3:33 the car was doing 304km, thats about 190 mph
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 04:39 AM   #26
scflaw
Lieutenant
7
Rep
504
Posts

 
Drives: E93 3'r
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HKG

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webwysard View Post
Found this video...



at 3:33 the car was doing 304km, thats about 190 mph
At 260km/h it seems to run out of steam. The car seemed like it was driving downhill, hence you see a massive acceleration spike from 265- 272 and it seemed like a long downhill too. I don't doubt that the M135 is an awesome car, im just skeptical that it started to lose acceleration prior to 260Km/h and then somehow "vtech" kicked in and gained in some massive acceleration?

Then again, im usually wrong
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 05:01 AM   #27
mowflow
Colonel
mowflow's Avatar
Scotland
28
Rep
2,433
Posts

 
Drives: F20 125d
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (2)

Dealer I spoke to yesterday said that most people with the 125i are getting around 33mpg when driving in the eco mode as opposed to the stated 42mpg. I checked 1 addicts and babybmw and this does seem to be what people are saying. Most of the cars are still quite young though so may improve.

Going on that I'd say that Megas guess of mid to late 20s for the 135i is probably about right. Not sure about what it might do on a length of the country type motorway cruse. Couldn't see it being anymore economical than the 125i otherwise what's the point of the 125i?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #28
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
54
Rep
3,363
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Need to do a 12x35 to get the price under 400 (on a 5dr). So this doesn't seem that cheap - would say 4.9% PCP is saving 2-3k, plus my car has lots of options - the one on the CH is base spec.
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I didn't realise it was a private rather than business deal you were after.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #29
davyk31
Brigadier General
63
Rep
4,483
Posts

 
Drives: Audi SQ5 & Golf GTD
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Maybe you want to cancel the order and wait for the Xdrive model, shaves the 0-60 to 4.7secs !!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #30
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
60
Rep
2,882
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
Dealer I spoke to yesterday said that most people with the 125i are getting around 33mpg when driving in the eco mode as opposed to the stated 42mpg. I checked 1 addicts and babybmw and this does seem to be what people are saying. Most of the cars are still quite young though so may improve.

Going on that I'd say that Megas guess of mid to late 20s for the 135i is probably about right. Not sure about what it might do on a length of the country type motorway cruse. Couldn't see it being anymore economical than the 125i otherwise what's the point of the 125i?
A bigger engine can work less hard at speed, so due to better gearing can be more econimcal.

This reviewed got 49 mpg out of a F30 335i!
http://cars.uk.msn.com/blog/inside-t...8-fa83cfbfbe08

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Maybe you want to cancel the order and wait for the Xdrive model, shaves the 0-60 to 4.7secs !!
Stop it!

Any how, i have fallen out with Dealer today. They made a mistake on the price, and forgot to add in the heated seats. Asked me to pay, i said no - they said there is no money left in the deal. That was a few hours ago....
__________________
M-Lite v2 & Family 5er v2
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #31
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
54
Rep
3,363
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Keep your nerve! Still haven't been paying attention but if it's going back to the dealer in x years (PCP, CH etc) they know heated seats are a desirable option much like metallic and Bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #32
gavp
Private First Class
gavp's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
129
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3/ F21 M135
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31
Maybe you want to cancel the order and wait for the Xdrive model, shaves the 0-60 to 4.7secs !!
Is that one coming to UK?
__________________
E46 M3 & M135i
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #33
BanziBarn
Lieutenant Colonel
BanziBarn's Avatar
34
Rep
1,789
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 330D E90 LCI Msport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

I really want one now!


Had my second child today - can you fit two child seats and a double buggy in the back of a 135?!
__________________
Black 330d E90 LCI M Sport Saloon Auto. Privacy Glass, Cream Leather, 6FL, I-Drive/Nav/Bluetooth, Alpine hifi upgrade.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2148&pictureid=44259
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #34
mjh93sa
Major General
mjh93sa's Avatar
England
59
Rep
5,079
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gloucestershire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
Well done Tim, you know you've made the right decision.

330d to a 135... where have I heard that before? The fuel figures have come a long way from the sub-30s of the old N54 135.

I look forward to the reviews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Are you missing the ol' 135 though
Yes and no.

Whilst not as quick outright as the 135i the MINI is still a pretty brisk motor that will (and has) surprised a few people. It'll see off a very surprised 330i driver from the line.

MPG in my 135 was supposed to be 30.7 (auto, N54 engine), but I only managed to average 28 over the time I had it (and 19 at one meet). The MINI by comparison is giving me 38mpg (and low 30s even if you thrash it). Given the smallish fuel tank of both the increased range is a definite plus.

At times I miss the refinement and absolute bonkers performance at that price point (Palmnuts in the XFR was only a shade quicker), but the JCW rewards in a different way... less outright speed, but more involvement, a decent exhaust note (cracks pops and burbles a plenty with the sport button pressed) and more character. In some ways I miss the auto-box the most, whilst the manual is involving, there is no doubt that for an average bloke like me driving with the paddles has you in the right gear at the right time more often. Dropping it into sport when coming out of roadworks and burying the throttle was endlessly entertaining.

The M135i is a mighty tempting prospect for the JCWs replacement. More economy and five doors could be a winning combination, as long as the M connection doesn't put the insurance up to stupid levels.

That said, this week I am again in a 1.6 Astra. Mega miles on business in rentals means that I miss the MINI, let alone the 135i. Still, it's better than the 1.4 Insignia Estate, or the 1.2 Golf that I've also had recently.

I predict that you will love it. ...just make sure that you have a good jacket to drive in. With the noise it makes you'll want to drive everywhere with the windows down (all year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Maybe you want to cancel the order and wait for the Xdrive model, shaves the 0-60 to 4.7secs !!
Not coming to the UK according to the reports. A damned shame as the car is powerful enough to make use of extra traction.
__________________

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman
Now: M135i with lots of toys
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #35
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
54
Rep
3,363
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanziBarn View Post
Had my second child today - can you fit two child seats and a double buggy in the back of a 135?!
Congratulations! And I'll have a stab in the dark and say... with difficulty
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #36
mowflow
Colonel
mowflow's Avatar
Scotland
28
Rep
2,433
Posts

 
Drives: F20 125d
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanziBarn View Post
I really want one now!


Had my second child today - can you fit two child seats and a double buggy in the back of a 135?!
Congratulations! I'll expect a reply at 4 in the morning around feed time I'll be up feeding ours.

The 2 child seats and double buggy is why I was looking. Buggy is easy, the boot is a lot bigger than in the old one. Back seat space is cramped though and the doors are an awkward shape.

Still, more practical than a Z4 for a family of of 4
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #37
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
60
Rep
2,882
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanziBarn View Post
I really want one now!


Had my second child today - can you fit two child seats and a double buggy in the back of a 135?!
COngrats mate....and the answer is of course yes
__________________
M-Lite v2 & Family 5er v2
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #38
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
60
Rep
2,882
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
Yes and no.

Whilst not as quick outright as the 135i the MINI is still a pretty brisk motor that will (and has) surprised a few people. It'll see off a very surprised 330i driver from the line.

MPG in my 135 was supposed to be 30.7 (auto, N54 engine), but I only managed to average 28 over the time I had it (and 19 at one meet). The MINI by comparison is giving me 38mpg (and low 30s even if you thrash it). Given the smallish fuel tank of both the increased range is a definite plus.

At times I miss the refinement and absolute bonkers performance at that price point (Palmnuts in the XFR was only a shade quicker), but the JCW rewards in a different way... less outright speed, but more involvement, a decent exhaust note (cracks pops and burbles a plenty with the sport button pressed) and more character. In some ways I miss the auto-box the most, whilst the manual is involving, there is no doubt that for an average bloke like me driving with the paddles has you in the right gear at the right time more often. Dropping it into sport when coming out of roadworks and burying the throttle was endlessly entertaining.

The M135i is a mighty tempting prospect for the JCWs replacement. More economy and five doors could be a winning combination, as long as the M connection doesn't put the insurance up to stupid levels.

That said, this week I am again in a 1.6 Astra. Mega miles on business in rentals means that I miss the MINI, let alone the 135i. Still, it's better than the 1.4 Insignia Estate, or the 1.2 Golf that I've also had recently.

I predict that you will love it. ...just make sure that you have a good jacket to drive in. With the noise it makes you'll want to drive everywhere with the windows down (all year).
Some good points there mate. I rememeber the XFR vs your 135i at the Oxford meet!
And yes, i reckon it could well be a good option for you next!

The insurance is about the same as my 330d, so that is bloody brill!

Some good info on the car from the projetc manager. Its 30% new M bits compared to a Full M, which is 80%. Also designed for roads, not a track - that could explain all the great reviews. http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691159
__________________
M-Lite v2 & Family 5er v2
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #39
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
60
Rep
2,882
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
Congratulations! I'll expect a reply at 4 in the morning around feed time I'll be up feeding ours.

The 2 child seats and double buggy is why I was looking. Buggy is easy, the boot is a lot bigger than in the old one. Back seat space is cramped though and the doors are an awkward shape.

Still, more practical than a Z4 for a family of of 4
I did'nt try the back, but at a quick look it looked quite similar to my E90. Much better than the last 1er, thats for sure!
__________________
M-Lite v2 & Family 5er v2
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #40
jonw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
3
Rep
342
Posts

 
Drives: E350 coupe & GT
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North West

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I had a deposit down on 3 door m135 but cancelled the car as after I'd thought long and hard about the car I thought for the same money I could have a 1M.
Ended buying neither and bought a E350 coupe.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #41
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
60
Rep
2,882
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonw View Post
I had a deposit down on 3 door m135 but cancelled the car as after I'd thought long and hard about the car I thought for the same money I could have a 1M.
Ended buying neither and bought a E350 coupe.
E350 bit of a different car then!
__________________
M-Lite v2 & Family 5er v2
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 01:40 AM   #42
dopper99
Brigadier General
dopper99's Avatar
England
62
Rep
4,276
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Looking at the spec of a M135i. It appears it DOES NOT come fitted with run flats.
"BMW Mobility tyre sealing system - 12V compressor with integral sealant injection bottle and hose"
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 02:12 AM   #43
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
60
Rep
2,882
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99
Looking at the spec of a M135i. It appears it DOES NOT come fitted with run flats.
"BMW Mobility tyre sealing system - 12V compressor with integral sealant injection bottle and hose"
Nope, M have put on a special normal tyre !

You can tick the RFT option if you feel so inclined, but why :?
__________________
M-Lite v2 & Family 5er v2
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 03:29 AM   #44
phil200tdi
Colonel
phil200tdi's Avatar
United Kingdom
47
Rep
2,635
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport E90 LCI manual
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aylesbury

iTrader: (1)

95% sure this is my next car!

Over a ton it seems a little slow - good job my meth kit and FMIC will be a straight swap..
__________________
Car: 2010 Jaguar XFR (Stock - For now)
Gone but not forgotten: Highly Modified E90 335i LCI M Sport Manual (circa 480BHP/500lb ft)
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST