E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Bimmian Amber Covers?

Closed Thread

09-30-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
marshall834
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Question Bimmian Amber Covers?

Hey all,

Trying to find some decent review on the Bimmian headlight covers, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any experience with these? For $150 it's way cheaper than replacing the headlight to remove the amber color and a lot quicker, safer, and cheaper than baking the headlight and removing it manually.

http://www.bimmian.com/90/HRC/

Past:
E46 323ci
B6 Audi S4
marshall834 is offline   United_States
      09-30-2012, 02:12 AM   #2
JDane07
Major

Drives: '06 E90 330i

Gonna be honest, I think they look terrible.
I think a $40 amber-gone looks better. The material is just too thick, and it makes the front end of the car look completely tacky. Invest in custom headlight job; it's the one mod no one ever regrets.

And for a $150???? That's a quarter of the price for my orion v4's and blackout.
OEM Mtech | AG M580 | Performance Exhaust | AA Tune | ST Coilovers | MMW Catless Headers | Euro BavX LS3 | Blacklines | CF diffuser, Performance Spoiler, Front splitters | Other goodies here and there...
Wish List: ESS SUPERCHARGER FTW
Recent Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...NE07+vineyards
JDane07 is offline   United_States
      09-30-2012, 02:54 AM   #3
marshall834
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDane07 View Post
Gonna be honest, I think they look terrible.
I think a $40 amber-gone looks better. The material is just too thick, and it makes the front end of the car look completely tacky. Invest in custom headlight job; it's the one mod no one ever regrets.

And for a $150???? That's a quarter of the price for my orion v4's and blackout.
I actually thought the vinyl looked tacky. At least this way there is some continuity. Vinyl just looks like a band-aid. Although I haven't seen any in person - that would make a big difference.

I would love to invest in a custom job but I do not want to attempt it myself and cannot find anyone that can do it. I know there was a guy by the name of Marc on this forum but I believe he has long since "retired"

Past:
E46 323ci
B6 Audi S4
marshall834 is offline   United_States
      09-30-2012, 05:42 AM   #4
Built My Way
Lieutenant

Drives: mls ----------

Garage List
I bought a Kamei kit a year ago. I haven't installed it yet as I've had second thoughts about the look and about using the no-going-back high strength glue. I do see that Bimmian uses double sided tape which isn't too bad but IMO I'd stay with the original look. At least, little kids think the flame shaped ambers are cool.
      09-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #5
Florida Boy
Captain

Drives: TiAg 325i, oem 359m

I cant send you pics for sone reason my photo bucket cant upload. If you want pics pm me email or # to txt to
Florida Boy is online now   United_States
      09-30-2012, 06:19 AM   #6
Speedwagon
First Lieutenant

Drives: Sportwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall834 View Post
Hey all,

Trying to find some decent review on the Bimmian headlight covers, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any experience with these? For $150 it's way cheaper than replacing the headlight to remove the amber color and a lot quicker, safer, and cheaper than baking the headlight and removing it manually.

http://www.bimmian.com/90/HRC/
What color is your car, if it black you can get glossy black vinyl that you can install, a little more difficult to install but looks a lot better and if you don't like it just peal it off, no big cost. They do have other colors also.
http://www.metrorestyling.com/Premiu...paintpro24.htm
Speedwagon is offline   United_States
      09-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
Martin528
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 528

I don't think it looks bad. If I did not know what it was supposed to look like I would think that is just the way it came. I don't know about the other methods of getting rid of the amber but, tearing apart the assembly, using a heats gun, etc, would scare the shit out of me.

There are no links anyone posted regarding alternatives.
Closed Thread