E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Where do you work?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #67
JerryK73
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
248
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 LeMans Blue Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey/New Orleans/Houston

iTrader: (3)

I own a couple strip clubs, one in New Orleans and one in Houston.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #68
BMW335icoupe
Captain
BMW335icoupe's Avatar
14
Rep
638
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i Xdrive Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
There is no cure for androgenetic alopecia (AGA), which is the reason behind the vast majority of mens hair loss. However there are some treatments that are effective in drastically slowing the balding process down, and in some cases preventing it from progressing further, for years. Currently there is nothing available that will actually regrow the hair of someone who is already bald though, it's mainly about prevention, when it comes to treating AGA.
ahh got it. So, is there anything good that works for prevention of further hair loss?

I forgot to answer the main thread topic... I do brain surgery research at the Cleveland Clinic.
You have such an awesome job Chewy . I guess the Cleveland Clinic is one of the perks of living in Cleveland.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #69
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
upstatedoc's Avatar
50
Rep
1,585
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryK73 View Post
I own a couple strip clubs, one in New Orleans and one in Houston.
i like this guy
__________________
2014 S.S. P938 Nightmare
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #70
TheTurbonator
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 135is  [0.00]
I arrange meetings between the Taliban and their prophet.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 12:14 AM   #71
BMWcoupe335ii
Second Lieutenant
14
Rep
267
Posts

 
Drives: 11' 335i coupe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Sous chef at 5 star restaurant (and part time kitchen manager at small restaurant)
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 01:47 AM   #72
SoCali E36
OOOOWEEEEE!
SoCali E36's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
3,077
Posts

 
Drives: 1997 E36 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where the road takes me...

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTurbonator
I arrange meetings between the Taliban and their prophet.
Where do I sign up?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 01:53 AM   #73
DARK_M3
Banned
33
Rep
1,294
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic330i View Post
Manage an Apple store.
Might I make a suggestion?

You guys really really need one of these for customer service:



Apple really needs to lose the pretentiousness of online appointment making and then having to go in and stand around waiting for the kid with the fauxhawk and ear discs to stop looking at the device strapped around his neck trying to figure out who's next all while shunning everyone else that walks up to him with a simple question.

Just MHO of course.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 01:54 AM   #74
DARK_M3
Banned
33
Rep
1,294
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E90 View Post
Where do I sign up?
I would guess your local recruiting office.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 02:17 AM   #75
SoCali E36
OOOOWEEEEE!
SoCali E36's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
3,077
Posts

 
Drives: 1997 E36 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where the road takes me...

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E90 View Post
Where do I sign up?
I would guess your local recruiting office.
I would prefer the private sector.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #76
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
60
Rep
1,109
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fargo ND

iTrader: (0)

I own a couple star ships that I regularly cruise the galaxy in while slaying numerous bitches simultaneously.

Yes, Yes... I know, I am the embodiment of your envy. #getatme #starshipswaggin'
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #77
arctic330i
Lieutenant Colonel
arctic330i's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,928
Posts

 
Drives: F15 35i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gainesville, Fl

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i E90  [4.04]
2013 BMW 335is  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_M3 View Post
Might I make a suggestion?

You guys really really need one of these for customer service:



Apple really needs to lose the pretentiousness of online appointment making and then having to go in and stand around waiting for the kid with the fauxhawk and ear discs to stop looking at the device strapped around his neck trying to figure out who's next all while shunning everyone else that walks up to him with a simple question.

Just MHO of course.
Every store is different.

But honestly, a ticket counter would take twice as long! An elderly woman doesn't want to haul her iMac into the store to take a ticket and wait for an hour. She want's to make an appointment for 3PM and carry it in for direct service. For simple questions an appointment is not needed, such as small iOS questions or a system navigating problem.

Also, the sales team is not the "Genius Bar" Apple can not afford to have 50+ Dedicated support and "Geniuses." The sales team is not always crazed Mac users, as this is "just another sales job" to a lot of them. So waltzing up to these sales persons does not always mean guaranteed answers, because that is not their first job-selling is. They are only trained in the basics of the products, that would be the roughly the most they can help you with. Anything bigger and make an appointment.

You can't always walk into a BMW dealer and speak directly to a Tech in the garage, and most likely the salesman can't answer your question.

Being this big and dealing with hundreds of people per day, online appointments are a necessity.

Plus like Tim Cook would ever listen to me
__________________
See my full mod list in my garage
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #78
justinnum1
Brigadier General
63
Rep
4,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic330i View Post
Every store is different.

But honestly, a ticket counter would take twice as long! An elderly woman doesn't want to haul her iMac into the store to take a ticket and wait for an hour. She want's to make an appointment for 3PM and carry it in for direct service. For simple questions an appointment is not needed, such as small iOS questions or a system navigating problem.

Also, the sales team is not the "Genius Bar" Apple can not afford to have 50+ Dedicated support and "Geniuses." The sales team is not always crazed Mac users, as this is "just another sales job" to a lot of them. So waltzing up to these sales persons does not always mean guaranteed answers, because that is not their first job-selling is. They are only trained in the basics of the products, that would be the roughly the most they can help you with. Anything bigger and make an appointment.

You can't always walk into a BMW dealer and speak directly to a Tech in the garage, and most likely the salesman can't answer your question.

Being this big and dealing with hundreds of people per day, online appointments are a necessity.

Plus like Tim Cook would ever listen to me
What store do you manage?
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #79
haig
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (0)

Personal trainer/nutrition specialist
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #80
JerryK73
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
248
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 LeMans Blue Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey/New Orleans/Houston

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
i like this guy
Why thank you.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #81
amanda hor$t
Banned
27
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic330i View Post

Plus like Tim Cook would ever listen to me
so what's the scoop on upcoming products? imo the innovation left when steve jobs died. whatever ideas he had, i think he took to the grave. i really doubt he left behind a notebook of great ideas to a company that once fired him.

new products from steve jobs: ipod, itunes, iphone, imac, macbook air, ipad. it seems like all the recent products consist of obvious upgrades (faster chips, better batteries, etc).

what is the next big thing at apple?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #82
justinnum1
Brigadier General
63
Rep
4,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloziROTHTOR View Post
so what's the scoop on upcoming products? imo the innovation left when steve jobs died. whatever ideas he had, i think he took to the grave. i really doubt he left behind a notebook of great ideas to a company that once fired him.

new products from steve jobs: ipod, itunes, iphone, imac, macbook air, ipad. it seems like all the recent products consist of obvious upgrades (faster chips, better batteries, etc).

what is the next big thing at apple?
You do know steve left like 3 years of product plans when he died...anything coming out right now and in the near future would still be happening if steve was alive.
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #83
amanda hor$t
Banned
27
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
You do know steve left like 3 years of product plans when he died...anything coming out right now and in the near future would still be happening if steve was alive.
it's been a year, and the new stuff is obvious if you ask me.

if i owned apple stock, i'd get out RIGHT NOW
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #84
justinnum1
Brigadier General
63
Rep
4,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloziROTHTOR View Post
it's been a year, and the new stuff is obvious if you ask me.

if i owned apple stock, i'd get out RIGHT NOW
It sells.
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #85
///MC
Private
1
Rep
58
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO

iTrader: (0)

Business Development Manager for a top 10 Mazda dealership
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #86
ASBSECU E93
slower traffic keep right
ASBSECU E93's Avatar
3
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Greensboro, NC

iTrader: (0)

Managing partner for a $5 billion startup bank who are capitalizing on the FDIC loss share program to acquire and rehab failed banks. We basically acquire failed banks in the Southeast region. From that point, we place loans that are performing into our subsidiary "performing bank" and attempt to rehab the non-performing assets through our Special Asset Bank. We have a 5 year window to call on the loss-share for any loan that cannot be rehabilitated.
__________________
2013 E93 M3 6MT
2011 Jetta TDi 6MT | Daily Driver
2007 Tacoma 4x4 6MT | Dog Hauler
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #87
ASBSECU E93
slower traffic keep right
ASBSECU E93's Avatar
3
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Greensboro, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
It sells.
I had the opportunity to acquire 750 AAPL shares in 2002 @ $15.00 per share....still own every share.

When the supply chain is situated, shares will hit $800 by Christmas...Then it's time to sell....
__________________
2013 E93 M3 6MT
2011 Jetta TDi 6MT | Daily Driver
2007 Tacoma 4x4 6MT | Dog Hauler
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #88
amanda hor$t
Banned
27
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
I had the opportunity to acquire 750 AAPL shares in 2002 @ $15.00 per share....still own every share.

When the supply chain is situated, shares will hit $800 by Christmas...Then it's time to sell....
i doubt it. apple maps is now a flop. unless they cure cancer between now and the end of the year, there's nothing new down the pipe. holiday sales: expected. if i was in your position i'd cash out.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST