E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Looking For Headlights. Jlevisw or BavarianX ?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
EuroE92
Second Lieutenant
Portugal
8

 
EuroE92's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central NJ


Posts: 216
iTrader: (0)

Looking For Headlights. Jlevisw or BavarianX ?

Looking to order new headlights soon to upgrade my old, non projector, non HID, and non angel eyes headlights that are currently on my 06 325i

After looking around I found that Jlevisw and BavarianX looks like are the 2 most popular vendors of the DEPO p90 headlights.

I am looking for HID Angel Eyes as well as HID lowbeams.

Which one do you guys thing is better for hassle free and error code free replacement ?

Also if there are other vendors out there let me know.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
74

 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH


Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

BavX has some badass LED rings for them
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
azure
Private
0

 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albany,GA


Posts: 57
iTrader: (2)

i wouldn't go with either i used to have the aftermarket depo from Jlevisw and they are crap, much error, and hid blub went out after a week and never able to fix it.
if you want the OEM get jay at ********************** hes a really nice guy. my was 06 325i halogen too and this is his conversion driver side of the headlight

way better then them depos!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 01:53 AM   #4
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
74

 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH


Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
i wouldn't go with either i used to have the aftermarket depo from Jlevisw and they are crap, much error, and hid blub went out after a week and never able to fix it.
if you want the OEM get jay at ********************** hes a really nice guy. my was 06 325i halogen too and this is his conversion driver side of the headlight

way better then them depos!
You realize that depot only makes the housing and has nothing to do with the HIDs that come with the kit right?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #5
sza392
Second Lieutenant
2

 
Drives: 325i (e90) '06
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orlando, FL


Posts: 228
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
You realize that depot only makes the housing and has nothing to do with the HIDs that come with the kit right?
thinking the same exact thing

bavarian has the depos for 600 jlevisw has it for 450 (angel eyes w/led corners)+100 more for led angel eyes. so it comes up to 550. Depending on shipping you might save 50 bucks
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #6
Phil325
Major
United_States
11

 
Phil325's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 SGM E90
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West Melbourne, Fl/Jacksonville, FL


Posts: 1,003
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to Phil325
hey euro, i'm in the exact same position, looking for headlight upgrades from non-hid. everytime i speak with someone, they assume all bmw's have HID's and then continue to point me towards the bulb only option, not the true HID type
__________________
work in progress..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
EuroE92
Second Lieutenant
Portugal
8

 
EuroE92's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central NJ


Posts: 216
iTrader: (0)

Yea it's hard to find which ones to do.

It seems that after selecting the HID options and all bavarianx and jlews is the same price.

I was wondering if there was anything else out there as far as options.
__________________
2009 BMW 335xi Coupe
2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R 636
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 11:09 PM   #8
jim.e.
Lieutenant
8

 
Drives: 07 E90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brampton//Markham


Posts: 526
iTrader: (4)

The only reason the lights give errors is due to the HID, following these steps eliminates all errors. At least for me.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=431
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 11:18 PM   #9
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
74

 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH


Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroE92 View Post
Yea it's hard to find which ones to do.

It seems that after selecting the HID options and all bavarianx and jlews is the same price.

I was wondering if there was anything else out there as far as options.
no. depot or oem.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #10
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
138

 
lux.sh's Avatar
 
Drives: fast around corners.
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Curves


Posts: 4,860
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
If I remember me correctly, problem with DEPO headlights is that the projector itself is crappy.
A member posted pictures of the output of DEPO versus factory projector setup. Correct me if I'm wrong about the brand, apologize in advance.

Let's just say it was nasty. While the cut off for DEPO projectors were quite impressive, streaking issue and dim output was hard to watch.

If you are looking for a cheap upgrade with awesome angel eyes though, DEPO is your best bet.
__________________
06 AW E90 330i ZPP/ZSP/Step/Expired Warranty

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 12:04 AM   #11
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
74

 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH


Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
If I remember me correctly, problem with DEPO headlights is that the projector itself is crappy.
A member posted pictures of the output of DEPO versus factory projector setup. Correct me if I'm wrong about the brand, apologize in advance.

Let's just say it was nasty. While the cut off for DEPO projectors were quite impressive, streaking issue and dim output was hard to watch.

If you are looking for a cheap upgrade with awesome angel eyes though, DEPO is your best bet.
I remember seeing that. I think he may have had halogen bulbs in the projector housings. Then he went and ordered a set of HIDs once he saw how bad the visibility was.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #12
bavarianx
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
91


 
bavarianx's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 X5 4.4i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Orange County, CA


Posts: 2,035
iTrader: (18)

Send a message via AIM to bavarianx
HID has been proven time and again not to work on the Halogen E90, just stick with a hyper-white bulb and you will get the same effect and no issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #13
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
138

 
lux.sh's Avatar
 
Drives: fast around corners.
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Curves


Posts: 4,860
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
I remember seeing that. I think he may have had halogen bulbs in the projector housings. Then he went and ordered a set of HIDs once he saw how bad the visibility was.
Apparently, he did.

No offense to the guy, but that is a stupid mistake. He recently posted pics with HID in it, and it is a lot brighter. Still, projection pattern is still nasty. Nonetheless, it is a great cheap alternative to OEM housing route.
__________________
06 AW E90 330i ZPP/ZSP/Step/Expired Warranty

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #14
Brian@bavarianx
Banned
United_States
76

 
Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brea, CA


Posts: 2,268
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to Brian@bavarianx
Our DEPO headlights have LED bulbs throughout the ENTIRE ring.

Also, we never offered any HID kits to begin with.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #15
Brian@bavarianx
Banned
United_States
76

 
Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brea, CA


Posts: 2,268
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to Brian@bavarianx
We just installed another set of Depo P90 LCI Style headlights!





Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #16
khattamgod
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2007 328i SEDAN
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sherman,TX


Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

I have 07 E90 and i am having these same problem of what to get and what not to replace my halogen projector with white HID projectors!! i hear people getting error after they install the HID P90. But some say it can be fixed!!! I really want the P90 with HID but is it safe??
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 03:07 AM   #17
Brian@bavarianx
Banned
United_States
76

 
Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brea, CA


Posts: 2,268
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to Brian@bavarianx
Quote:
Originally Posted by khattamgod View Post
I have 07 E90 and i am having these same problem of what to get and what not to replace my halogen projector with white HID projectors!! i hear people getting error after they install the HID P90. But some say it can be fixed!!! I really want the P90 with HID but is it safe??
My advice to you would be to buy the P90 WITHOUT the HID option because there hasn't been a properly working HID kit for the P90 just yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 05:03 AM   #18
khattamgod
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2007 328i SEDAN
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sherman,TX


Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

so can i just buy the P90 for now until the right HID comes out in the market and just install it in the P90? ALSO does ur headlights comes with high/low bulbs or do i have to use from my OEM halogen projector??
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 06:15 AM   #19
AWLE902008
Captain
United_States
9

 
AWLE902008's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 TiAg E90
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweet Home Alabama


Posts: 600
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavX View Post
We just installed another set of Depo P90 LCI Style headlights!





on the third pic, does the amber shine threw that gap in the bottom where the black meets the bottom. Do you have a pic if these installed on a tiag
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #20
Brian@bavarianx
Banned
United_States
76

 
Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brea, CA


Posts: 2,268
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to Brian@bavarianx
Actually, we've only installed these on black and white cars. Haven't installed these on TiAG yet. And it's the angle of that picture. The amber does not shine through.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #21
francak92
Private
1

 
Drives: 328 i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: suwanee ga


Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

were did you buy them
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST