E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Service Advisor Recommendation at BMW of Fairfax



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Mflip335
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 199
iTrader: (2)

Service Advisor Recommendation at BMW of Fairfax

I know BMW of Fairfax sucks, but it's more convenient for me more than anything. Today I had a good amount of static coming out from the speakers. Sounds like a dying cat. The radio still turns on fine, but no sound is coming out. It sounds exactly like this....(not my video).

Can you guys recommend a service advisor at Fairfax? I sure do hope this is covered under my extended warranty.

__________________
Sofitted | Survival of the Fitted
www.sofitted.com

Last edited by Mflip335; 10-02-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Mflip335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
 
MDyDinanM's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast

Posts: 2,071
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [3.44]
Yes. Matt Juliar or Andrea Rebaltescue.

I only deal with them.

You can schedule online and select them as SAs or PM me and I'll give you contact info for Matt.

Ask for Rich to work on your car

If you schedule Matt, tell him David with the blue e60 Dinan M5 referred you.

And your comment of BMW of FFX is subjective. I've been going to them since 2009 and always have great experiences. I guess you just got to know who to deal with.
__________________
Retired: '06 BMW E46 ///M3
Current: '08 BMW E60 DINAN ///M5, Interlagos Blue, SMG
DINAN Stage 2 Suspension, Exhaust, Stage III Software, Front strut braces,
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
MDyDinanM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
 
MDyDinanM's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast

Posts: 2,071
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [3.44]
Also, what extended warranty do you have? If it's a BMW extended warranty, depending on the level of coverage, I doubt it is covered since it's part of an audio system and not pertinent to the mechanical functioning of the car.
__________________
Retired: '06 BMW E46 ///M3
Current: '08 BMW E60 DINAN ///M5, Interlagos Blue, SMG
DINAN Stage 2 Suspension, Exhaust, Stage III Software, Front strut braces,
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
MDyDinanM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
ASAP
blah blah blah
 
ASAP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NOVA

Posts: 533
iTrader: (0)

how is this dealer in terms of safety inspections gents?
__________________
Cobb E40 ProTune by Jake@PTF / VRSF DP's / BMS DCI / ETS 5" FMIC / Hankook Ventus V12
(12.00@119.6 MPH)
SLIP - 2007 335i 6AT
ASAP is online now   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
 
MDyDinanM's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast

Posts: 2,071
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [3.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
how is this dealer in terms of safety inspections gents?
what do you mean safety inspection? Never had that done other than doing required VA State inspections. However, I normally just go to a local gas station for emissions and state inspections. If you deal with the people I mentioned above, they should be able to do what you want so long as you detail what exactly you want done.
__________________
Retired: '06 BMW E46 ///M3
Current: '08 BMW E60 DINAN ///M5, Interlagos Blue, SMG
DINAN Stage 2 Suspension, Exhaust, Stage III Software, Front strut braces,
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
MDyDinanM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2012, 05:43 AM   #6
ASAP
blah blah blah
 
ASAP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NOVA

Posts: 533
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
how is this dealer in terms of safety inspections gents?
what do you mean safety inspection? Never had that done other than doing required VA State inspections. However, I normally just go to a local gas station for emissions and state inspections. If you deal with the people I mentioned above, they should be able to do what you want so long as you detail what exactly you want done.
I mean like, are they sketch and will want to rip u off by saying something is wrong with your car when its not?
__________________
Cobb E40 ProTune by Jake@PTF / VRSF DP's / BMS DCI / ETS 5" FMIC / Hankook Ventus V12
(12.00@119.6 MPH)
SLIP - 2007 335i 6AT
ASAP is online now   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
 
MDyDinanM's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast

Posts: 2,071
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [3.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I mean like, are they sketch and will want to rip u off by saying something is wrong with your car when its not?
I've never had that problem, not with the people I deal with. Then again, it helps to know your car inside and out, how things work in your car, and you can always get a second opinion.
__________________
Retired: '06 BMW E46 ///M3
Current: '08 BMW E60 DINAN ///M5, Interlagos Blue, SMG
DINAN Stage 2 Suspension, Exhaust, Stage III Software, Front strut braces,
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
MDyDinanM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #8
PSUSMU
Captain
 
Drives: Entry-level Luxury
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA

Posts: 715
iTrader: (1)

I had my safety inspection and service performed at BMW of Fairfax. They're a little less organized/prompt, but I had no issues.
PSUSMU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #9
five3three
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i w/235i on order
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Washington DC

Posts: 529
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
Yes. Matt Juliar or Andrea Rebaltescue.

I only deal with them.

Ask for Rich to work on your car
Only one problem with this...

Rich is no longer under Matt Juliar so you either have to go with the good advisor or their best technician. Rich now works under Laszlo (as of a couple of months ago).

I have been going to Rich for several years now and have been switching advisors every time their teams get swapped.

Matt is awesome and laid back, but in the end, I try to stick with Rich since he will ultimately be the one working on the car.

I am quite anal about my car and go in for the slightest thing and Rich is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and honest. I had a pre-purchase inspection done with Rich and he gave me the all clear to buy my car. A week later when I went in for service and he saw a problem that wasn't covered under warranty that he had missed during his inspection (was going to cost an arm and a leg), he felt really bad that he took care of it himself with no charge just because he felt that he should have caught it. I don't know any other dealer affiliated tech that would do such a thing.

I have had great experiences mostly with BMW of Fairfax, but occasionally I have had to deal with one or two unpleasant advisors who valued the bottom line more than customer satisfaction or loyalty. I had one advisor try to tell me repeatedly I had to pay $150 diagnostic fee if I wanted them to look under the car to see if they saw anything wrong with the suspension, while I was in for service. I flat out said no and for them not to bother looking if they wanted to charge me such a b.s. fee when I do all my work there. I spoke with Rich and he confirmed that there was nothing wrong with my car without the b.s. charge.

Last edited by five3three; 11-20-2012 at 11:43 PM.
five3three is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #10
swcc50
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: TX

Posts: 575
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
Yes. Matt Juliar or Andrea Rebaltescue.

I only deal with them.

You can schedule online and select them as SAs or PM me and I'll give you contact info for Matt.

Ask for Rich to work on your car

If you schedule Matt, tell him David with the blue e60 Dinan M5 referred you.

And your comment of BMW of FFX is subjective. I've been going to them since 2009 and always have great experiences. I guess you just got to know who to deal with.


That is the same with ANY dealership though.
swcc50 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #11
PSUSMU
Captain
 
Drives: Entry-level Luxury
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA

Posts: 715
iTrader: (1)

I just got kinda screwed by BMW of Fairfax (particularly Matt Juliar).

I had my car in for routine service/maintenance a few weeks back. One of the air dam/plastic flaps under my car has come off, so I tucked it underneath the bumper cover. I simply asked that they reinstall it. Matt claims that the technician "didn't see anything wrong." Well he must not be a very good technician if he can't spot the asymmetry between the 2 flaps with 1 missing and tucked up. My maintenance/oil change was complete, so let it go (shouldn't have).

They neglected to remind me about my 4 years/50k maintenance expiring at my last visit. I brought my car in with a service light again this morning. It's due for brake fluid and cabin filter. The SA asked if I was given a quote for this service last time I was in. I said "No.. What happened to BMW Ultimate Service?" thinking my 6 years/100k extended warranty covers maintenance. They want ~$340 (I can do it for $43). Partially my fault for misunderstanding maintenance vs. warranty, but I guess I'm becoming my own mechanic again.
PSUSMU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #12
five3three
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i w/235i on order
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Washington DC

Posts: 529
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
I just got kinda screwed by BMW of Fairfax (particularly Matt Juliar).

I had my car in for routine service/maintenance a few weeks back. One of the air dam/plastic flaps under my car has come off, so I tucked it underneath the bumper cover. I simply asked that they reinstall it. Matt claims that the technician "didn't see anything wrong." Well he must not be a very good technician if he can't spot the asymmetry between the 2 flaps with 1 missing and tucked up. My maintenance/oil change was complete, so let it go (shouldn't have).

They neglected to remind me about my 4 years/50k maintenance expiring at my last visit. I brought my car in with a service light again this morning. It's due for brake fluid and cabin filter. The SA asked if I was given a quote for this service last time I was in. I said "No.. What happened to BMW Ultimate Service?" thinking my 6 years/100k extended warranty covers maintenance. They want ~$340 (I can do it for $43). Partially my fault for misunderstanding maintenance vs. warranty, but I guess I'm becoming my own mechanic again.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Mine generally were favorable with Matt but then again I mostly dealt with my tech directly and not the service advisor.

The thing about the maintenance coverage is that it can only be done when it is due (when the car computer says it is due). Basically, it is in three stages (Recommend, Due and Overdue). You can get it covered at as early as the recommend stage (your car generally will say due soon). If it is even one mile or one day before the vehicle triggers the recommend service flag, BMW will not reimburse the dealers.

If it had been due at your last visit, it would have come up immediately when they did your key read since the dealer wants to do these covered services. It's easy money for them and guaranteed reimbursement from BMW.
five3three is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
Eugeinus
Major
 
Eugeinus's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' E90 335i XDrive
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: DC/NOVA

Posts: 1,052
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
I had my safety inspection and service performed at BMW of Fairfax. They're a little less organized/prompt, but I had no issues.
I had my car in for routine maintenance last month at BMW Alexandria. My SA asked if I wanted to have my inspection done at that time as well and I told them why not. She calls back later and says they failed me because my reflectors are color matched to my bumpers.

I don't know if BMW of Fairfax is as stingy, but this to me was ridiculous. I told her they were being extremely nit picky and she wouldn't budge. I took it to the gas station near my house the same day and they passed me without a second thought. Just my experience with this kind of stuff at the dealer.
__________________
Matte Black Grille|Painted Reflectors|35% Tint|Lux V3|Cyba 3.8 Tips|KW V1|Alufelgen SF-71 Hyper Silver|OEM M-Sport Front/Rear|COBB AP|Coded
Eugeinus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #14
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
 
MDyDinanM's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast

Posts: 2,071
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [3.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeinus View Post
I had my car in for routine maintenance last month at BMW Alexandria. My SA asked if I wanted to have my inspection done at that time as well and I told them why not. She calls back later and says they failed me because my reflectors are color matched to my bumpers.

I don't know if BMW of Fairfax is as stingy, but this to me was ridiculous. I told her they were being extremely nit picky and she wouldn't budge. I took it to the gas station near my house the same day and they passed me without a second thought. Just my experience with this kind of stuff at the dealer.
I always take my car for State inspections at local gas stations. They usually don't care.
MDyDinanM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
 
MDyDinanM's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast

Posts: 2,071
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [3.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
I just got kinda screwed by BMW of Fairfax (particularly Matt Juliar).

I had my car in for routine service/maintenance a few weeks back. One of the air dam/plastic flaps under my car has come off, so I tucked it underneath the bumper cover. I simply asked that they reinstall it. Matt claims that the technician "didn't see anything wrong." Well he must not be a very good technician if he can't spot the asymmetry between the 2 flaps with 1 missing and tucked up. My maintenance/oil change was complete, so let it go (shouldn't have).
That seems like a communication problem, or a disconnect happened somewhere. I assume you pointed out the air dam/plastic flap? Did you check on it after you picked your car up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
They neglected to remind me about my 4 years/50k maintenance expiring at my last visit. I brought my car in with a service light again this morning. It's due for brake fluid and cabin filter. The SA asked if I was given a quote for this service last time I was in. I said "No.. What happened to BMW Ultimate Service?" thinking my 6 years/100k extended warranty covers maintenance. They want ~$340 (I can do it for $43). Partially my fault for misunderstanding maintenance vs. warranty, but I guess I'm becoming my own mechanic again.
I don't understand why they should remind you that your maintenance has expired. Shouldn't that be up to you to know?

And no, extended 6 yrs/100K never covered maintenance. That's a separate plan which you have to purchase.

Either way, sorry for your experience, but Matt Juliar has been a stand up guy and great with customers. Rich is awesome too.

Anyways, Matt Juliar has left FFX and is now at BMW of Sterling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
Only one problem with this...

Rich is no longer under Matt Juliar so you either have to go with the good advisor or their best technician. Rich now works under Laszlo (as of a couple of months ago).
Doesn't matter what team Rich is on, only he touches my car. The SA's know that and will coordinate accordingly. At least for me they do.
MDyDinanM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #16
PSUSMU
Captain
 
Drives: Entry-level Luxury
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA

Posts: 715
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
That seems like a communication problem, or a disconnect happened somewhere. I assume you pointed out the air dam/plastic flap? Did you check on it after you picked your car up?
Yes and yes. Immediately saw the requested work was not performed and Matt made no effort to resolve it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
I don't understand why they should remind you that your maintenance has expired. Shouldn't that be up to you to know?
Common courtesy.. but they're trying to make money. My fault for not understanding that maintenance is not included in my extended warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
And no, extended 6 yrs/100K never covered maintenance. That's a separate plan which you have to purchase.
I got it thrown in when I bought the car in NH and was told I wouldn't have to pay a dime for anything until 2015/100k.
PSUSMU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #17
Red_Baron
M3Post Handyman (LucWERKZ)
 
Red_Baron's Avatar
 
Drives: e70 X5 4.8i (Temporarily)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DC/VA/MD/PA

Posts: 1,209
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeinus View Post
I had my car in for routine maintenance last month at BMW Alexandria. My SA asked if I wanted to have my inspection done at that time as well and I told them why not. She calls back later and says they failed me because my reflectors are color matched to my bumpers.

I don't know if BMW of Fairfax is as stingy, but this to me was ridiculous. I told her they were being extremely nit picky and she wouldn't budge. I took it to the gas station near my house the same day and they passed me without a second thought. Just my experience with this kind of stuff at the dealer.
BMW of Fairfax made me rip off the vinyl on my reflectors in order to pass inspection....When it comes to inspections they're anal about everything except tires. I came in with bald tires and passed.
__________________
Former e92 M3 owner
Relapsed M3Post addict
Hopefully getting back into another ///M soon (or P-Car)....P-car as in Prius.
Red_Baron is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #18
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
 
MDyDinanM's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast

Posts: 2,071
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [3.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post

I got it thrown in when I bought the car in NH and was told I wouldn't have to pay a dime for anything until 2015/100k.
That's odd. When you purchase BMW's extended warranty, or extended maintenance warranty, they input that information into BMW's service information system. It would seem that that dealership in NH put in the extended warranty, but not the extended maintenance plan.

If it wasn't in the system, then BMW of FFX isn't at fault b/c they can only check the computer system to verify. It would seem the NH dealer is at fault.
MDyDinanM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #19
Mflip335
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 199
iTrader: (2)

I took my car in for brake fluid service today. Unfortunately Matt is no longer at Fairfax and is now over at Sterling. I got a call from the SA (I dont know his name because he never introduced himself) and he notified that my left brake light was out and asked if I wanted to have it replaced for $55. I specifically told the SA that cant be because I can simply see the reflection of my brake lights off my other vehicle when I get out of the driveway. I inspected the car myself after picking it up and saw that all my lights were working just fine. Makes me seem to think that they were definitely trying to rob me today.

I can vouch for Matt though. He really did his best to help me out. He even provided some suggestions as to where I can obtain an AMP for a cheaper price so I wouldn't have to pay $1800 to have my amp replaced. He offered to work out a better price to have it installed and programmed as well. Fortunately my AMP magically fixed itself on its own.
__________________
Sofitted | Survival of the Fitted
www.sofitted.com
Mflip335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #20
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
 
MDyDinanM's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast

Posts: 2,071
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [3.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mflip335 View Post
I took my car in for brake fluid service today. Unfortunately Matt is no longer at Fairfax and is now over at Sterling. I got a call from the SA (I dont know his name because he never introduced himself) and he notified that my left brake light was out and asked if I wanted to have it replaced for $55. I specifically told the SA that cant be because I can simply see the reflection of my brake lights off my other vehicle when I get out of the driveway. I inspected the car myself after picking it up and saw that all my lights were working just fine. Makes me seem to think that they were definitely trying to rob me today.

I can vouch for Matt though. He really did his best to help me out. He even provided some suggestions as to where I can obtain an AMP for a cheaper price so I wouldn't have to pay $1800 to have my amp replaced. He offered to work out a better price to have it installed and programmed as well. Fortunately my AMP magically fixed itself on its own.

A lot of SA's don't have a clue about BMWs and all the quirks they have. It's rare to find ones that know what they're talking about, are BMW enthusiasts, honest, and go to bat for their customers.

Unfortunate Matt left for Sterling. If anything, Andrea Rebaltescue is pretty good and I would also recommend her.

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 11-22-2012 at 09:17 AM.
MDyDinanM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #21
five3three
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i w/235i on order
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Washington DC

Posts: 529
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Doesn't matter what team Rich is on, only he touches my car. The SA's know that and will coordinate accordingly. At least for me they do.
Agree with you there....that's exactly what I do and the couple of times I showed up with him being off, I simply rescheduled. I refuse to let anyone else but Rich touch my car. The one time I didn't I regretted and learned my lesson so the only thing keeping me at FFX is Rich. Alexandria is way closer to me.
five3three is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #22
Wid
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 335xi coupe
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: northern VA

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

I've had good experiences at BMW of Fairfax. I recommend Bruce Anderson for the service tech. He has done great work on both of my BMWs.
Wid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST