E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > The wife got a new car



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
LucWerkz
Banned
 
Drives: e70 X5 4.8i (Temporarily)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DC/VA/MD/PA

Posts: 1,241
iTrader: (1)

The wife got a new car

We picked up a 2011 G55 AMG a couple days ago. We wanted an SUV because we recently got married and plan to start a family sometime soon. I was in favor of getting an X6M (mainly for my enjoyment) but she really wanted the G. I guess driving an overly excessive suv with the aerodynamics of a box is a new trend or something...

I'm not a huge AMG fan but I was actually very impressed with the amount of kick this thing had on the highway. It felt REALLY solid too. I'm very tempted to take it off roading. Only downside is this thing is really thirsty and it only takes premium. I literally saw the gas drop driving it from Bethesda to our house in DC. The onboard comp said 9.4MPG....

It's funny how she's had a wide array of cars of all shapes and sizes over the years.
1999 Toyota 4runner -> 2004 Mustang V6 -> 2008 VW Beetle -> 2011 Fiat 500 -> 2011 G55 (I guess when you can't go any smaller you have to buy a tank.)

You guys think I should wrap it Satin Black?
Attached Images
   
LucWerkz is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
SaMaster14
Major
 
SaMaster14's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW E92 335iS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA / Baltimore, MD

Posts: 1,439
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 335iS  [3.95]
Send a message via AIM to SaMaster14 Send a message via Skype™ to SaMaster14
Beautiful. I'm a fan of the MBZ Jeeps. Why not wait for the new one though? Wasn't a brand new G63 AMG released/revealed?

My mom had a GL450 and loved it. Super comfortable daily driver. She recently moved to an E550 sedan because as I'm in college we didn't really need an SUV and she wanted more power (even though she'll never use it...)
__________________
~2012 BMW 335iS coupe MINERAL WHITE/CORAL RED

http://instagram.com/samaster14/
SaMaster14 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
john08135i
Major
 
john08135i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M Sport, 2010 bmw S1000RR
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando

Posts: 1,014
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to john08135i
It needs an alignment or the wheels rebalanced.. look at the scalloping on those tires.
__________________
M Sport Line Estoril Blue
john08135i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
LucWerkz
Banned
 
Drives: e70 X5 4.8i (Temporarily)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DC/VA/MD/PA

Posts: 1,241
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Beautiful. I'm a fan of the MBZ Jeeps. Why not wait for the new one though? Wasn't a brand new G63 AMG released/revealed?

My mom had a GL450 and loved it. Super comfortable daily driver. She recently moved to an E550 sedan because as I'm in college we didn't really need an SUV and she wanted more power (even though she'll never use it...)
Thanks, the G63 would've been an extra 30K which we felt was too much to spend on a daily driver. Plus we didn't want to wait out the 2-3 months build time. And I don't know about your mom but the reason why my wife picked the G55 in lieu of the G550 was because she felt that the extra power would "help her avoid accidents"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by john08135i View Post
It needs an alignment or the wheels rebalanced.. look at the scalloping on those tires.
Thanks, I'll take it back to the dealership tomorrow for them to look at.
LucWerkz is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #5
NemesisX
Captain
 
Drives: '08 335i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TX

Posts: 873
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZhengHellaFlush View Post
Damn. Should of got the all new 2013 range rover. probably same price as this used G. Or just go all out and buy the all new 2013 G63amg. This thing is out dated already. But over good car and congrats man. G are the king of SUV

Uhh, since when? What world are you living in?

The Mercedes G is one of the last vehicles I'd crown "King of the SUVs." It's objectively one of the least popular luxury SUVs out there right now.

Hell, it's one of the least popular brands within the Mercedes SUV AMG class.

By the way I'm not saying it's a bad car or anything (to the topic creator). I'm just surprised that someone would so nonchalantly crown it as the "king of SUVs."
NemesisX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
BMW Fanatic
Banned
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (11)

Why does anyone need to bash on the G ride in this thread? OP and his wife decided that's what they wanted and they went for it. Kudos to them! I always see hot women in their 30's and 40's driving these. Can anyone say turn-on! Haha congrats buddy.
BMW Fanatic is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #7
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 4,765
iTrader: (0)

Congrats OP, I've driven a few G55s at my last job and my god I love those things. They have a presence like no other and they sound mean as hell. I love the driving position as well with the windshield so close to your face and at almost a right angle. If I had to get any SUV that would be it. Enjoy it!
__________________
Stop putting stuff like painted reflectors and premium package in your signature. You're embarrassing.
TK-421 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #8
IMG
M.POWER
 
IMG's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Location

Posts: 7,044
iTrader: (6)

Congrats, the G is a beast !
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
IMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #9
LucWerkz
Banned
 
Drives: e70 X5 4.8i (Temporarily)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DC/VA/MD/PA

Posts: 1,241
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZhengHellaFlush View Post
Damn. Should of got the all new 2013 range rover. probably same price as this used G. Or just go all out and buy the all new 2013 G63amg. This thing is out dated already. But over good car and congrats man. G are the king of SUV
We test drove a 2013 RR Sport Supercharged but she didn't like the way it drove. Plus we felt that the interior was a little too plain and felt kind of cheap. It was a nice car though and we really liked the lowering and raising feature and the ride comfort was amazing but it wasn't really a determining factor for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Why does anyone need to bash on the G ride in this thread? OP and his wife decided that's what they wanted and they went for it. Kudos to them! I always see hot women in their 30's and 40's driving these. Can anyone say turn-on! Haha congrats buddy.
Thanks, our neighbor has one too. She's close to 40 but looks like she's 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Congrats OP, I've driven a few G55s at my last job and my god I love those things. They have a presence like no other and they sound mean as hell. I love the driving position as well with the windshield so close to your face and at almost a right angle. If I had to get any SUV that would be it. Enjoy it!
Yeah, I've never really driven an SUV my entire life. Driving it back to our house in the city, I really enjoyed the fact that I was really high up over the other cars. It was much easier to navigate around and quite frankly this car makes you feel invicible due to how solid it is.
LucWerkz is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #10
DSB335d
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West palm beach

Posts: 545
iTrader: (0)

Those are great SUVs. There was an article floating around about a couple and their 23yr old Diesel G wagon with over 500,000 miles on it and its still going strong! Congrats!
DSB335d is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #11
justinnum1
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 4,000
iTrader: (0)

nice
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
justinnum1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #12
CAPSGOD
Major
 
Drives: Diesel Son
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: #yolo

Posts: 1,136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthai View Post
1999 Toyota 4runner -> 2004 Mustang V6 -> 2008 VW Beetle -> 2011 Fiat 500 -> 2011 G55 (I guess when you can't go any smaller you have to buy a tank.)
Three of the most feminine cars ever made, bookended by two 4x4's.
CAPSGOD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #13
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

Posts: 11,038
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
nice! black it out!
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
just4kickz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #14
NemesisX
Captain
 
Drives: '08 335i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TX

Posts: 873
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthai View Post
Yeah, I've never really driven an SUV my entire life. Driving it back to our house in the city, I really enjoyed the fact that I was really high up over the other cars. It was much easier to navigate around and quite frankly this car makes you feel invicible due to how solid it is.
NemesisX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #15
E9292121
Private
 
Drives: Titanium Silver E92
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
"Coolest automobile in the world"
according to Hamster @ Top Gear.

E9292121 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #16
ClutchThese
Private
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amerikuh

Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)

Congrats. I say wrap it up!!!

Would look sick matte black.
__________________
Gamer | Modder?StealthyGaming
ClutchThese is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 02:50 AM   #17
Takumi
New Member
 
Drives: None (Soon '14 335i M-Sport)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Nice.
Takumi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 05:19 AM   #18
MattMD
E9X > F3X
 
MattMD's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 718
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthai View Post
Thanks, the G63 would've been an extra 30K which we felt was too much to spend on a daily driver. Plus we didn't want to wait out the 2-3 months build time. And I don't know about your mom but the reason why my wife picked the G55 in lieu of the G550 was because she felt that the extra power would "help her avoid accidents"....



Thanks, I'll take it back to the dealership tomorrow for them to look at.
...help her avoid accidents in a what, 7,000lb, military-derived SUV. ha ha ha. This thing will demolish anything in an accident aside from a semi.

I hope I see it on the beltway someday, it looks really good. I'll own a completely impractical SUV with a huge engine someday. If it was ny money I'd of got the M, but it's your wife's car and she probably doesn't care about skidpad grip or 1/4 traps.
__________________
2009 E90 328i - Space Grey Metallic on Black // iDrive // Premium Package // Xenons

Mods - Stock for now

Dream Car - Mineral White E92 M3 DCT, Ferrari 458 (someday )
MattMD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 05:41 AM   #19
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,097
iTrader: (0)

Congrats to the OP. One of the cars I lust after as it represents everything wrong in today's era but is still being sold. This thing is like a safe....SOLID!!!




Quote:
Originally Posted by DZhengHellaFlush View Post
Damn. Should of got the all new 2013 range rover. probably same price as this used G. Or just go all out and buy the all new 2013 G63amg. This thing is out dated already. But over good car and congrats man. G are the king of SUV
I don't think the new Range Rover is out yet and as the OP said, he couldn't wait for 3-4months as he wanted the car right now.

Anyway, you will always have regrets as new car models from your current purchase will always tempt you and say "why didn't I wait and get that...."
__________________
11 corvette C6
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #20
ianbiz
4th E90
 
ianbiz's Avatar
 
Drives: German
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne/Orlando, Florida

Posts: 5,136
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to ianbiz
G55s are so boss. Just watch the TopGear episode and you'll understand why.
__________________
Ian
06 325 06 330 06 330 07 335 11 335 Msport
ianbiz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST