E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Datalog COBB Stage 2 Aggressive -> Help please :-)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
wingman88
New Member
 
wingman88's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 335i N54
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Aschaffenburg

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Datalog COBB Stage 2 Aggressive -> Help please :-)

Hi guys,

first i want to say hello to the community
It would be nice if some of you can take a look at my datalogs ;-)

2 weeks ago i installed vrsf catless downpipes and the cobb ap.The car feels ok, but at around 3000-4000rpm there are some swings. (dont know the correct word for)
I read the insturction here in the forum, to understand the datalogs. I think the swings come up due to throttle closures.

Perhaps you can give me some advise what i should do? With the stage 2 sport map it happens also.

thanks
Attached Images
 
Attached Files
File Type: zip stage 2 aggressive 3-4.gang 06.10.zip (7.7 KB, 24 views)
wingman88 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
enrita
Major General
 
enrita's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

Posts: 7,318
iTrader: (0)

looks good to me, you can with ATR tone down a little the wgdc to avoid throttle closure which is anyway very little and not happening in 4th gear. there are various threads describing this. Search .
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
enrita is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
wingman88
New Member
 
wingman88's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 335i N54
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Aschaffenburg

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

thanks for your help.
i dont understand what i should do with ATR? I did a research for "throttle closures", couldnt find something....
wingman88 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
enrita
Major General
 
enrita's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

Posts: 7,318
iTrader: (0)

this is one of the threads: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=752318

Just try to find Cobb ATR threads
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
enrita is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
marv85
Colonel
 
marv85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

Posts: 2,559
iTrader: (5)

Seems OK. Some throttle closures due to overshooting requested boost.

As enrita pointed, you can attempt to reduce WGDC in the affected range. The thread Enrita posted is a great place to start. Post there if you get any issues

You'd also benefit from an intercooler btw. I thought the weather would be colder by now in Germany. It used to rain during the summer a couple of times when I visited (Dad is half German, so we used to visit every summer).
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
marv85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
wingman88
New Member
 
wingman88's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 335i N54
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Aschaffenburg

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

thanks guys, now i understand what you mean with atr.
i got the software , not installed, but will try it tomorrow.
Is it possible to get some advise, which value i need to fix? or is there a "how to"?

germany could get really hot ,yes. i already look for an intercooler, because after some hard pulls on the autobahn, it rises really fast!
But i will wait after the winter.
If you come to germany you should take your car with you BMW`s love to kill Porsche,AMG and anything else
wingman88 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
marv85
Colonel
 
marv85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

Posts: 2,559
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman88 View Post
thanks guys, now i understand what you mean with atr.
i got the software , not installed, but will try it tomorrow.
Is it possible to get some advise, which value i need to fix? or is there a "how to"?

germany could get really hot ,yes. i already look for an intercooler, because after some hard pulls on the autobahn, it rises really fast!
But i will wait after the winter.
If you come to germany you should take your car with you BMW`s love to kill Porsche,AMG and anything else
God I miss the autobahn.I bought my first car from Giessen, Germany... That was before I moved to the US I should go there, but I don't know about the car though lol

As far as using ATR to tune out those overshoots/throttle closures. Download ATR from COBB's site and install it. You will have to fill out a form and they'll send you a link.
Then read post 26, and 44 in that thread enrita shared.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=752318&page=2

If you still have issues, PM me
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
marv85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
wingman88
New Member
 
wingman88's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 335i N54
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Aschaffenburg

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

i`ve done some adjustments with ATR. now my throttle looks fine, i think

but there are a lot of timing corrections, is there a problem now?
Attached Images
 
Attached Files
File Type: zip datalog8.zip (5.1 KB, 30 views)
wingman88 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #9
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman88 View Post
i`ve done some adjustments with ATR. now my throttle looks fine, i think

but there are a lot of timing corrections, is there a problem now?
I haven't looked at your log yet, but having corrections 3 and under across 3 or less cyl isn't bad. But I would watch on them and see if they are consistent. Typically high CATs will cause timing corrections. That could be your cause, I'll have to take a look at the logs to he sure
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #10
marv85
Colonel
 
marv85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

Posts: 2,559
iTrader: (5)

I looked at your attached log, and it seems you definitely cleaned up your throttle closures /oversboost

Timing drops are not horrible. Try higher octane. And dude you need an intercooler.
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
marv85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
I looked at your attached log, and it seems you definitely cleaned up your throttle closures /oversboost

Timing drops are not horrible. Try higher octane. And dude you need an intercooler.
marv,

he is at 118 deg F at near redline. Is that, that bad? I only ask because I can get near 114 on my 3rd pull with ETS FMIC with +76deg temps and near 130 with 95+ deg. outside temps.

I guess the DME starts to pull timing around 105 F CATs?
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
marv85
Colonel
 
marv85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

Posts: 2,559
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
marv,

he is at 118 deg F at near redline. Is that, that bad? I only ask because I can get near 114 on my 3rd pull with ETS FMIC with +76deg temps and near 130 with 95+ deg. outside temps.

I guess the DME starts to pull timing around 105 F CATs?
That is high but not really bad. I suggested an intercooler because it would at least keep his IATs almost constant throughout the pull. his IATs increase by 50% by the end of his run.

In your case, let me get this straight, so ambient is 95+ and you see near 130F? what is the starting temp?

I have the ETS 7" FMIC. I've noticed I'm usually around 20F above ambient once the car is warmed up. When it gets colder, I'm closer to ambient.
One thing for sure though, my IATs are almost flat throughout a run.
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
marv85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
That is high but not really bad. I suggested an intercooler because it would at least keep his IATs almost constant throughout the pull. his IATs increase by 50% by the end of his run.

In your case, let me get this straight, so ambient is 95+ and you see near 130F? what is the starting temp?

I have the ETS 7" FMIC. I've noticed I'm usually around 20F above ambient once the car is warmed up. When it gets colder, I'm closer to ambient.
One thing for sure though, my IATs are almost flat throughout a run.
I don't mean to thread jack, but e90 post removed my PM's. lame forum.

ETS FMIC 5" (i also have DCI) so my curves are a little more steep to your 7"

it was 122 ~ 135 and was near 100 deg. outside. I actually got a boost leak on this pull, check all fittings cleared code and it never came back. logs show good signs of no boost leak.

I average the same about +- 20 deg above ambient when ambient above +- 78 deg and higher..

last night I just did a log with 67 deg. outside and my IATs were 80 ~ 97. So it appears 15 - 20 deg. from start IAT's to redline IAT's. but the more pulls I do in the same time frame, the larger the gap between start and finish IATs.

my stock FMIC on S1 Agg. I had some logs from 75 IATs to 110 IATs,
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #14
marv85
Colonel
 
marv85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

Posts: 2,559
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
I don't mean to thread jack, but e90 post removed my PM's. lame forum.

ETS FMIC 5" (i also have DCI) so my curves are a little more steep to your 7"

it was 122 ~ 135 and was near 100 deg. outside. I actually got a boost leak on this pull, check all fittings cleared code and it never came back. logs show good signs of no boost leak.

I average the same about +- 20 deg above ambient when ambient above +- 78 deg and higher..

last night I just did a log with 67 deg. outside and my IATs were 80 ~ 97. So it appears 10 - 15 deg. from start IAT's to redline IAT's. but the more pulls I do in the same time frame, the larger the gap between start and finish IATs.

my stock FMIC on S1 Agg. I had some logs from 75 IATs to 110 IATs,
Sounds about right man. Even the 5" ETS is great! I don;t think there is anything weird in what you have.

Now I'm running meth so I'm usually below ambient

hey you can PM on the other forum
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB

Last edited by marv85; 10-09-2012 at 06:28 PM.
marv85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #15
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
Sounds about right man. Even the 5" ETS is great! I don;t think there is anything weird in what you have.

Now I'm running meth so I'm usually below ambiend

hey you can PM on the other forum
I love the affects of meth, now that I see what my IATs do even with upgraded FMIC, even when I average below 115 F, I want them lower. LOL. I just don't want to hassle with it.

you mean the other forum that I mentioned in a PM (as a reference) that lost me my signature, PMs, attachments, edit profile, etc. I don't know what you are talking about.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #16
marv85
Colonel
 
marv85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

Posts: 2,559
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
I love the affects of meth, now that I see what my IATs do even with upgraded FMIC, even when I average below 115 F, I want them lower. LOL. I just don't want to hassle with it.
Meth is cool. It's no hassle. Get the HFS-4. After you install, tuning it is a piece of cake and to be honest it doesn't really need tuning. it's an awesome kit and you get to go more aggressive in tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
you mean the other forum that I mentioned in a PM (as a reference) that lost me my signature, PMs, attachments, edit profile, etc. I don't know what you are talking about.
Shame on you! LOOOL
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
marv85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #17
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
Meth is cool. It's no hassle. Get the HFS-4. After you install, tuning it is a piece of cake and to be honest it doesn't really need tuning. it's an awesome kit and you get to go more aggressive in tuning



Shame on you! LOOOL
LOL,

sent PM on B.....B......com
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #18
marv85
Colonel
 
marv85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

Posts: 2,559
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
LOL,

sent PM on B.....B......com
Playing with fire loool
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
marv85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #19
Ænema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman88 View Post
i`ve done some adjustments with ATR. now my throttle looks fine, i think

but there are a lot of timing corrections, is there a problem now?
I wouldn't be concerned about the corrections in that log. You only really had 1 correction during the pull and it was a single 3.xx correction.

Welcome to the forums
Ænema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #20
wingman88
New Member
 
wingman88's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 335i N54
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Aschaffenburg

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

thanks for your ratings, guys

The standart intercooler is really really bad, you should consider that the ambient temperature was only 42 degrees! And yes after the winter, i will install a better intercooler.

is someone using virtual dyno? why does it show me so less power? I only get about 240 Hp
wingman88 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #21
marv85
Colonel
 
marv85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

Posts: 2,559
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman88 View Post
thanks for your ratings, guys

The standart intercooler is really really bad, you should consider that the ambient temperature was only 42 degrees! And yes after the winter, i will install a better intercooler.

is someone using virtual dyno? why does it show me so less power? I only get about 240 Hp
Virtual dyno is good tool for showing deltas in power from map to map. Reason for that is you cancel out some inaccuracies in the math when you subtract the power numbers...

Run stock vs whatever map you're running now and compare
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
marv85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST