E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Upcoming NorthEast track events



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #397
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
140
Rep
8,593
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
LOL

The registration list for the 3-4 is showing a lot of waitlisted entries (23/108). Sign up and cross your fingers!
I already pre-registered, just haven't paid yet =P
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #398
mid-corner fun
Major
United_States
15
Rep
1,418
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NE

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
That infield transition sure was a test. I went out in an E46 M3 (stock) with an instructor, we hit that and it was like WHA~!!!! WHAT IS HAPPENING!?

Still a few more events on the calendar:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691681
I'm going to NJMP Lightning this upcoming Sunday/Monday with NJ CCA, but I'm the only one signed up from our group. I guess nobody likes me
Imagine now that the transition is actually smoother this year due to the outfield repaving...that transition destroyed suspensions last year.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #399
spicish22
Private First Class
spicish22's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 X3; 2010 335i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
had a good time at Pocono this weekend. first day was pretty crowded in our group but it cleared up the second day. i really liked running in the rain. gave me a chance to work on my inputs not being to hasty. helped smooth them out

the transition into 1 is rough, there are some slightly 'smoother' areas to enter across the turn but no matter what, i hit my head on the roof every time!

the most eye opening part of the weekend for me was taking a ride in the instructors car. holy crap!! where they brake and how n where they place there car is amazing. i never experienced R comps n track pads... whole diff world
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #400
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
140
Rep
8,593
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicish22 View Post
had a good time at Pocono this weekend. first day was pretty crowded in our group but it cleared up the second day. i really liked running in the rain. gave me a chance to work on my inputs not being to hasty. helped smooth them out

the transition into 1 is rough, there are some slightly 'smoother' areas to enter across the turn but no matter what, i hit my head on the roof every time!

the most eye opening part of the weekend for me was taking a ride in the instructors car. holy crap!! where they brake and how n where they place there car is amazing. i never experienced R comps n track pads... whole diff world
After your first event or two, track pads are a must in my opinion. R-comps aren't something I wouldn't bother dealing with until I'm near instructor level or consistently running advanced. Run any lesser group with r-comps and you're just masking your flaws. Not to mention you really need to reinforce the suspension.
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #401
CJ421
Brigadier General
CJ421's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,263
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicish22 View Post
had a good time at Pocono this weekend. first day was pretty crowded in our group but it cleared up the second day. i really liked running in the rain. gave me a chance to work on my inputs not being to hasty. helped smooth them out

the transition into 1 is rough, there are some slightly 'smoother' areas to enter across the turn but no matter what, i hit my head on the roof every time!
I'm glad you had a more open group the 2nd day. The red group was the same thing at Lightning w/ Del Val last month, a big train. If I were in your position I'd have voiced a complaint about that. Not going to learn anything useful in a train.

Oh, and hitting your head on the roof ... sounds like it is time for seats, a harness bar, and belts. JK!
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #402
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
140
Rep
8,593
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
I'm glad you had a more open group the 2nd day. The red group was the same thing at Lightning w/ Del Val last month, a big train. If I were in your position I'd have voiced a complaint about that. Not going to learn anything useful in a train.

Oh, and hitting your head on the roof ... sounds like it is time for seats, a harness bar, and belts. JK!
I disagree, as much as I hate trains this is DE... almost comes with the territory especially in that group. You just have to learn to pit out. You can talk to the chief instructor so they can figure out which car's causing the train and have his/her instructor deal with it. But asking to get bumped up to a faster group may not necessarily be the answer and you may end up being overwhelmed (or even the cause of a new train). Had the train not been there the red group would've been just right.
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #403
CJ421
Brigadier General
CJ421's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,263
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
My suggestion to say something about the train was along the lines of "hey, there's a lot of cars in this group - for future events, can you break it up more" - not asking to get bumped up a run group. I agree that getting bumped up a group is a not-so-great idea because you won't have fun pointing people by every 6 seconds.
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #404
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
140
Rep
8,593
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Peter, put me down for 10/19 and 11/3-4, both with PCA SCH

Hope to see you guys there!
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #405
spicish22
Private First Class
spicish22's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 X3; 2010 335i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
After your first event or two, track pads are a must in my opinion. R-comps aren't something I wouldn't bother dealing with until I'm near instructor level or consistently running advanced. Run any lesser group with r-comps and you're just masking your flaws. Not to mention you really need to reinforce the suspension.
i would agree track pads or some kind of better pad would help. the oem pads stop the car but its hard to be accurate as to how and where. after half way through the sessions they start to fade as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
I'm glad you had a more open group the 2nd day. The red group was the same thing at Lightning w/ Del Val last month, a big train. If I were in your position I'd have voiced a complaint about that. Not going to learn anything useful in a train.

Oh, and hitting your head on the roof ... sounds like it is time for seats, a harness bar, and belts. JK!
yeah it wasn't too bad but there was those one or two drivers that didn't want to give point-bys, the one guy was in an e90 328i...

i really don't get it, i'm not that tall!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #406
xd.55
Enlisted Member
xd.55's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY/DC

iTrader: (0)

im in for Summit Point Nov. 3-4 w/ NASA for the season finale, i didnt get as much seat time as i planned this year but hopefully next year will be better.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #407
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
140
Rep
8,593
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd.55 View Post
im in for Summit Point Nov. 3-4 w/ NASA for the season finale, i didnt get as much seat time as i planned this year but hopefully next year will be better.
Summit finale is fun, no race just hpde. They do touring laps in honor of a member who passed away, a lot of s2k guys come out to show support.
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #408
xd.55
Enlisted Member
xd.55's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY/DC

iTrader: (0)

yea its a great time, ive atteneded this event the past couple of years. for the touring laps you donate $20 and the proceeds go to a charity that Cale Kastanek family choose, usually its almost a 40 car field.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #409
CJ421
Brigadier General
CJ421's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,263
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Working on race car...

Rear seat gone!
Attached Images
  
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #410
Splinterz88
First Lieutenant
Splinterz88's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
380
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [4.21]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
We're gonna stick with the N52 for now. Later on, possibly an S65.
3.38 were perfect for Watkins Glen. 3rd & 4th gear only. I ended up running a 2:24 in the dry on R-comps.
Some more inspiration from the z4 track threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4mnyc View Post
Posting a few photos of the Z4MC at the recent Porsche Club track day at Pacific Raceway.


(Photography by Adam Hosey)
http://adamhoseyphoto.com/







__________________
#446 of 740
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #411
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
140
Rep
8,593
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
CJ, now that you have 2 bucket seats, you really should look into a harness. You can buy harnesses that clip into the rear seats so you don't need a harness bar. Keeps your car streetable and keeps you even tighter through the turns. I think some of these are even compatible with a Hans. If I had a backseat that would've been my next mod... now I have to think about half cage next year instead.
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #412
CJ421
Brigadier General
CJ421's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,263
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
CJ, now that you have 2 bucket seats, you really should look into a harness. You can buy harnesses that clip into the rear seats so you don't need a harness bar. Keeps your car streetable and keeps you even tighter through the turns. I think some of these are even compatible with a Hans. If I had a backseat that would've been my next mod... now I have to think about half cage next year instead.
Brey Krause is making an awesome looking bar for the E92, I am just waiting for it to be finished. I am getting a HANS device along with it .
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #413
DallasBoosted
Captain
DallasBoosted's Avatar
11
Rep
864
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
Brey Krause is making an awesome looking bar for the E92, I am just waiting for it to be finished. I am getting a HANS device along with it .
Any reason this bar wouldn't fit an E92 335i?

https://www.europeanautosource.com/p...ess-bar-e92-m3
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #414
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
140
Rep
8,593
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
Brey Krause is making an awesome looking bar for the E92, I am just waiting for it to be finished. I am getting a HANS device along with it .
CJ, I'd really recommend researching pros and cons of running harness bar only. I have no doubt BK makes a quality bar but the question is regardless of manufacturer, how safe is running just a bar alone? Having been down this route myself recently, a lot of experts will tell you harness bar w/o roll bar is really dangerous and some instructors/club will refuse to get in the car or even pass the tech. The danger with running JUST a harness bar is that during a roll over, the harness bar will cause an submarining effect preventing you from moving forward and you may potentially get crushed by the roof. You should talk to the guys at VAC, I'm sure they will steer you in the right way.

See my thread here:

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=65422

On another topic your car looks so good man! Wonder how much you saved by taking out the rear seat. You should have no problem hitting high 1 "teens" at Lightning! =D
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #415
CJ421
Brigadier General
CJ421's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,263
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Dallasboosted, haven't looked at that. The Brey Krause one looks much stronger but I'm not an expert. I don't think there are any public photos of it yet.

Dan - I haven't committed to anything yet with the harness bar. I want harnesses and HANS bad but if it comes down to doing a full cage, that's quite a chunk of change and gahhhh I don't know.
Thanks for the feedback about the car. I'm getting some more stuff done to it soon including custom brake ducting, that should be done for the Nov 3-4 event.

The rear seat is about 50-60 lbs! I've removed ~120-130 lbs combined with the front seats. And the OZ Racing wheels I got are only 18 lbs each.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
CJ, I'd really recommend researching pros and cons of running harness bar only. I have no doubt BK makes a quality bar but the question is regardless of manufacturer, how safe is running just a bar alone? Having been down this route myself recently, a lot of experts will tell you harness bar w/o roll bar is really dangerous and some instructors/club will refuse to get in the car or even pass the tech. The danger with running JUST a harness bar is that during a roll over, the harness bar will cause an submarining effect preventing you from moving forward and you may potentially get crushed by the roof. You should talk to the guys at VAC, I'm sure they will steer you in the right way.

See my thread here:

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=65422

On another topic your car looks so good man! Wonder how much you saved by taking out the rear seat. You should have no problem hitting high 1 "teens" at Lightning! =D
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #416
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
140
Rep
8,593
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
All good man, you should consider a half cage...
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #417
ixm3
First Lieutenant
8
Rep
354
Posts

 
Drives: M3x2
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: DE

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
RUh RoH... the cat's out of the bag

haha, j/k. I would've done that event but can't take Monday off and 1 day wasn't an option for experienced run groups. My next events are 10/19 with PCA at NJMP T-bolt and am considering 11/3-4 with PCA for Light/T-bolt.
LOL

The registration list for the 3-4 is showing a lot of waitlisted entries (23/108). Sign up and cross your fingers!
See you Monday at NJMP. I'm signed for both days both could only swing Monday. Looks like a decent slug of E9x registrants.


MJ
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #418
CJ421
Brigadier General
CJ421's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,263
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixm3 View Post
See you Monday at NJMP. I'm signed for both days both could only swing Monday. Looks like a decent slug of E9x registrants.


MJ
Awesome ... cya there!!
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST