E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > Feeler: '08 E90 Silver Steptronic 335xi Dinan S3 - Extended Warranty & Maintenance



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
EvolutionTheory
Private First Class
 
EvolutionTheory's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southern California

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None
Item Interest
Purchased from BMW stock and in excellent condition with all Maintenance and Service performed as prescribed at BMW dealership. All modifications installed by Dinan and BMW Dealership. Located in California Bay Area.

2008 Titanium Silver 335xi E90
BMW Performance II Steering Wheel
Dinan Stage 3 Performance Software
Dinan Free Flow Exhaust (Black Tips)
Dinan High Capacity Oil Cooler
Dinan High Performance Intercooler
Dinan Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake
Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Brace
Dinan Rear Sway Bar
Dinan Pedal Cover Set
KW V1 Coilovers
18" Forgestar Gunmetal Wheels (Original wheels available)
LCI M-Technic front bumper
LCI Hood
Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
Carbon Fiber Window Trim
Carbon Fiber Front Grills

Premium & Cold Weather Package
Black Leather Interior
All Weather Black Floor + Trunk Mats
Heated Seats
Hill Descent Control (HDC)
Steptronic w/Paddle Shifters
Auto Dimming Rear and Side Mirrors
Logic 7 Premium Stereo
CD Player
iPod Adapter
XM Radio
69k Miles, purchased at 35k miles.
Original Exhaust also available.

Looking for $44,000. Vehicle includes $15,000 in Dinan upgrades and installation.

Photo Album





Last edited by EvolutionTheory; 09-10-2012 at 06:56 PM.
EvolutionTheory is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionTheory View Post
Purchased from BMW stock and in excellent condition with all Maintenance and Service performed as prescribed at BMW dealership. All modifications installed by Dinan and BMW Dealership. Located in California Bay Area.

2008 Titanium Silver 335xi E90
BMW Performance II Steering Wheel
Dinan Stage 3 Performance Software
Dinan Free Flow Exhaust (Black Tips)
Dinan High Capacity Oil Cooler
Dinan High Performance Intercooler
Dinan Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake
Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Brace
Dinan Rear Sway Bar
Dinan Pedal Cover Set
KW V1 Coilovers
18" Forgestar Gunmetal Wheels (Original wheels available)
LCI M-Technic front bumper
LCI Hood
Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
Carbon Fiber Window Trim
Carbon Fiber Front Grills

Premium & Cold Weather Package
Black Leather Interior
All Weather Black Floor + Trunk Mats
Heated Seats
Hill Descent Control (HDC)
Steptronic w/Paddle Shifters
Auto Dimming Rear and Side Mirrors
Logic 7 Premium Stereo
CD Player
iPod Adapter
XM Radio
69k Miles, purchased at 35k miles.
Original Exhaust also available.

Looking for $44,000. Vehicle includes $15,000 in Dinan upgrades and installation.
2008 with 70k miles on it.
You are waaaaayyyy too optimistic.
Great upgrades and mods, however, you can get a 2011 IS Coupe with 10k miles on the clock for less than that (at least I did )

Good luck
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
Cbozz
Captain
 
Cbozz's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 989
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
you're better of keeping it
__________________
AFE, AA, DCT
Cbozz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 01:58 AM   #4
EvolutionTheory
Private First Class
 
EvolutionTheory's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southern California

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozz View Post
you're better of keeping it
Thanks for the advice. Would you say so because of what I've invested so far vs the probable sale price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
2008 with 70k miles on it.
You are waaaaayyyy too optimistic.
Great upgrades and mods, however, you can get a 2011 IS Coupe with 10k miles on the clock for less than that (at least I did )

Good luck
Thanks for the heads up. The IS Coupe would definitely be a different kind of car though compared to the four door all wheel drive with 400hp+ and 430lbs+ torque. Not suggesting one is better than the other, but they'd be going to a slightly different person/interest I'd think. Additionally, this still has the extended maintenance and warranty, including the parts Dinan Installed. The IS vs this Dinan 335 are not equal in performance or use.
__________________
Dinan Stage 3 | High Capacity Oil Cooler | High Performance Intercooler | Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake | Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Brace | Rear Sway Bar | KW V1's | 18" Forgestar F14's
EvolutionTheory is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 02:59 AM   #5
Route 16
I got lei'd
 
Route 16's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

Posts: 3,741
iTrader: (21)

Based on mods and exterior if you were to part it out and replace with stock, I could probably see a $10k or $15k return investment and the car for $18-20K, just my opinion, car should be $35k OBO altogether. But I'd still baby and keep it and give it to my kids for the future.
Route 16 is online now   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
Clemsonlsu5
Private First Class
 
Clemsonlsu5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clemson, SC

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

I get that it has a lot of upgrades, but you're not going to get what you spent on it back. That's the downside to modding. Looks good though, if you drop the price to 32-35k it should sell. Someone could get a used m3 with lower mileage for 38-42k. I don't know if anyone would spend close to 50k on it. If they do then congrats. Good luck! The car looks good.
Clemsonlsu5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
Cbozz
Captain
 
Cbozz's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 989
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionTheory View Post
Thanks for the advice. Would you say so because of what I've invested so far vs the probable sale price?



Thanks for the heads up. The IS Coupe would definitely be a different kind of car though compared to the four door all wheel drive with 400hp+ and 430lbs+ torque. Not suggesting one is better than the other, but they'd be going to a slightly different person/interest I'd think. Additionally, this still has the extended maintenance and warranty, including the parts Dinan Installed. The IS vs this Dinan 335 are not equal in performance or use.
yup, you invested a lot of money which most likely you won't get back... if I was a buyer I would rather get an M3 for 40K.... and mod it for the rest....
__________________
AFE, AA, DCT
Cbozz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #8
EvolutionTheory
Private First Class
 
EvolutionTheory's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southern California

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozz View Post
yup, you invested a lot of money which most likely you won't get back... if I was a buyer I would rather get an M3 for 40K.... and mod it for the rest....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonlsu5 View Post
I get that it has a lot of upgrades, but you're not going to get what you spent on it back. That's the downside to modding. Looks good though, if you drop the price to 32-35k it should sell. Someone could get a used m3 with lower mileage for 38-42k. I don't know if anyone would spend close to 50k on it. If they do then congrats. Good luck! The car looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Based on mods and exterior if you were to part it out and replace with stock, I could probably see a $10k or $15k return investment and the car for $18-20K, just my opinion, car should be $35k OBO altogether. But I'd still baby and keep it and give it to my kids for the future.
Fair points, thanks for the feedback!
__________________
Dinan Stage 3 | High Capacity Oil Cooler | High Performance Intercooler | Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake | Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Brace | Rear Sway Bar | KW V1's | 18" Forgestar F14's
EvolutionTheory is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #9
Cbozz
Captain
 
Cbozz's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 989
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionTheory View Post
Fair points, thanks for the feedback!
I agree with that memeber clemuadnadnaid5 whatever his nickname is.. that's the downside of modding, you should maybe try pulling everything out and reselling and then selling your car... it might be a lot of hustle though!
__________________
AFE, AA, DCT
Cbozz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #10
kgb1637
Lieutenant Colonel
 
kgb1637's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 (on its way)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Baltimore, MD

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (0)

Mods unfortunately dont equal resale, sucks but it is what it is.
__________________
Retired - '08 E90 335i Sparkling Graphite/Gray Dakota Leather, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, Navi, ipod, Sat
kgb1637 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #11
EvolutionTheory
Private First Class
 
EvolutionTheory's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southern California

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

Considering selling at $38,000. Any interest?
__________________
Dinan Stage 3 | High Capacity Oil Cooler | High Performance Intercooler | Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake | Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Brace | Rear Sway Bar | KW V1's | 18" Forgestar F14's
EvolutionTheory is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #12
spmd11
Captain
 
spmd11's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M235i AW
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Louisville, KY

Posts: 815
iTrader: (2)

Uh... eh-hem... one could buy an 08 M3 for these numbers... much rather get an M3
__________________

2014 M235i, 2008 JB e90 M3, 2011 X5 5.0, 2011 335i Sport
spmd11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #13
EvolutionTheory
Private First Class
 
EvolutionTheory's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southern California

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spmd11 View Post
Uh... eh-hem... one could buy an 08 M3 for these numbers... much rather get an M3
The M3 has an M badge and awesome design, but doesnt this car outperform that M3 in every way? Even with added all wheel drive and four doors. Further, most 08 M3's are in the low to mid $40k.

Regardless, just posting you'd rather have an M3 doesn't really contribute to the thread in any way.
__________________
Dinan Stage 3 | High Capacity Oil Cooler | High Performance Intercooler | Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake | Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Brace | Rear Sway Bar | KW V1's | 18" Forgestar F14's
EvolutionTheory is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST