E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Coding in northeast PA (Scranton/Wilkesbarre area)

09-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
AndyR83
Major

Drives: E92 335i FBO

I can do coding in northeast PA (Scranton/Wilkesbarre area)

Hey guys,

Tonight I got my new coding cable and laptop all set up, and spent a few hours learning how to code E9X's. After a few hours of reading guides, messing around, making mistakes and figuring out how to fix them, etc, I think I pretty much have it figured out.

I don't claim to be an expert, since I've only ever coded my own car and I did it for the first time tonight, but if any locals are interested in coding I can try to do it. I haven't figured out everything yet, but I have done a lot of the basic stuff. I got my windows to close when you hold down the lock button on the key fob, digital speedometer on the dash, turn off various annoying alarms and beeps, etc. I don't have nav/idrive in my car so I didn't experiment with any of those many codable options, but it all seems straightforward.

Last edited by AndyR83; 09-10-2012 at 06:01 PM.
      09-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
AndyR83
Major

Drives: E92 335i FBO

Hey guys, just thought I would revisit this post to say that I've spent a lot of time working on this over the past week and I've figured out how to do pretty much everything so far. If any locals wanna meet up for some coding let me know

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to change the number of blinks when you bump the turn signal to change lanes. For some reason mine only blinks once now when I do that. I never intentionally changed it, and I can't find where to go to alter the number of blinks. If you don't mind the fact that your lane change signal might only blink once afterwards, hit me up!
      09-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
beady1
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

sweet glad someone local to me knows how to code i was thinking about trying to learn but was a bit hesitant not really sure what i would want done but if i figure out what id like coded id def be up for meeting up.
      10-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #4
will bleich
First Lieutenant

Drives: pos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyR83 View Post
Hey guys,

Tonight I got my new coding cable and laptop all set up, and spent a few hours learning how to code E9X's. After a few hours of reading guides, messing around, making mistakes and figuring out how to fix them, etc, I think I pretty much have it figured out.

I don't claim to be an expert, since I've only ever coded my own car and I did it for the first time tonight, but if any locals are interested in coding I can try to do it. I haven't figured out everything yet, but I have done a lot of the basic stuff. I got my windows to close when you hold down the lock button on the key fob, digital speedometer on the dash, turn off various annoying alarms and beeps, etc. I don't have nav/idrive in my car so I didn't experiment with any of those many codable options, but it all seems straightforward.
can you code my car bud
      10-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #5
Cuba
Cuba

Drives: 07 328xi

im interested in this. I have a pre lci e90. how much do you charge for this? and I would be willing to drive to you
07 328xi Monaco Blue|Premium|Cold|Navi|CA|LLumar|Mtec|DDM|aFe|Ambe r-Gone|Rear Fogs|Bimmian|PY-Speed|OEM|e92-lighting|V1|BavAuto|Weisslicht|Cyba|Beyern|Falken| Sonic Tuning|ECS Tuning|JL Audio|Rockford Fosgate
Cuba is offline   United_States
      10-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #6
1QuikWS6
No 55mph

Drives: 09 E92 328iX N51 3-Stage

Garage List
Not to be a wet blanket, but just make sure you really know what you're doing (or have people sign a waiver) - otherwise you could 'brick' someone else's ECM - then the poop hits the fan...

I've been coding/adding/changing items in V.O. since it 1st started on the forum - I refuse to code anyone else's car, whether I know what I'm doing or not. I'm not going to be responsible if something bad happens - and shit DOES happen

Also, codes are not necessarily the same between model years - they change the wording, number of lines specific code to acheive desired effect (an example would be turning Off Cold/Warm bulb checks and error reporting). You would need to be very familiar with what codes on particular year do what. That spreadsheet in the Coding section is by no way complete or takes into account the different year changes...
2009 328ix E92//SGM//ACS Roof Spoiler//MTech Aero Lip+Trunk Spoiler//M3 Side Skirts//CF Roundels+Grilles//M3 Novillo Interior//Perf Shift Lever+Boot//MPerf DCT Wheel//M3 GT3 eBrake Handle+Boot//ACS Pedals//M3 Mirrors//LCI Tails w/LUX Rev//DTEC V7 AE+MTec 6000K D1S+HPB HID 6000K Fogs//HPB LED Interior//RPI Scoops//CF Euro Airbox+Underhood Hsgs//K&N//BMW PE//MTech Rear Bumper-iS Sport Diffuser//CF Strut Brace//Vishnu OFT//BMW 193M's+Kumho 4X

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 10-18-2012 at 01:35 AM.
1QuikWS6 is offline   United_States