E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > anyone tried these pre lci tail lights



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #23
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
 
d3l0n's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW330iE90
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 3,252
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Yeah, please post some night pics.
d3l0n is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #24
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
 
d3l0n's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW330iE90
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 3,252
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
and atleast post them next to the real LCI ones. i'm concerned about the quality.
d3l0n is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #25
Bondimatt
New Member
 
Drives: S/Black pre-lci e90 320i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavi060 View Post
Night pics of them on would be really appreciated.
Firstly let me apologise for the shocking quality of the photo's (taken with a Blackberry and it looks like I had a slight case of Parkinsons that night).

The fitments of the lights is 100%, my only concern with them is the light unit is an ever so slightly lighter shade of red. (only noticeable when parked next to OEM).
Attached Images
  
Bondimatt is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #26
swazza
Samm
 
swazza's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E91 320I
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

looks awesome did you just buy them from EBAY??? was wondering how they loom but know i know cheers!!
swazza is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2012, 02:23 AM   #27
Bondimatt
New Member
 
Drives: S/Black pre-lci e90 320i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazza View Post
looks awesome did you just buy them from EBAY??? was wondering how they loom but know i know cheers!!
Yep - from Mars on ebay, unfortunately I've just sold mine (doing the full LCI conversion) still a good product tho, was very happy with them.
Bondimatt is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #28
Sil
New Member
 
Drives: BMW e90 2008 - jb4 - wip
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Bondimatt,

Thank you for directing me to this thread and posting some night pics as well. Appears the corners of your MARS lights were dim as you mentioned. Did these lights come with bulbs or did you use your stock pre-lci?

From your posted pics, the only LED portion appears to be your turning signal. I ask because the verbiage used on MARS eBay shop appears to state just that - (Plz Attention) following (Item sold in pair(left and right), Bulbs may not fully provide)

See URL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/M3-LCI-Style...-/130490580857

To clarify, I sent MARS an email a few weeks ago and received the following response.
--
Hello:
Thanks very much for contact us.
Yes, we do have lots US customer purchase this lights from us via Ebay.
We not fully provide bulbs because you can still use some bulbs from your old tail lights
You can choose full red or full smoked for these lights
Best Regards
________________________________________
Thanks for visiting Mars Performance
Your Specialist Store for Auto-Lighting & Performance Accessories


Mars Performance Team
--
My presumption is I can purchase stronger LED lights, since MARS is really only providing the housing+LED Turn signals. I also noticed in this thread another forum member that purchased MARS taillights had to get coding done. Did you have to do the same?

Appreciate your time. LCI conversion on your car looks awesome!! GOOD JOB!!!
Sil is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #29
Bondimatt
New Member
 
Drives: S/Black pre-lci e90 320i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

From what I can remember, the lights come with bulbs (LEDs for turn signal) for indicators, side lights and brake lights but you use your pre-lci assembly for the reverse/fogs (the boot lid section).

They will need coding, you'll have a warning light (bulb out) and the rear turn signal will trip out (with the fronts running double time) a couple of times when you first engage the them after start up. Once the car is running, they work fine.

Personally I didn't bother with the coding as, for me, they were only a short term thing before doing the LCI conversion and the error only occurred once (on each side) after you turn the ignition on - which I could live with for a couple of months.

I spoke with one of the guys on the forum that does coding and apparently its a 2 second job.

Hope that clarifies, any other Q's just lemmie know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil View Post
Bondimatt,

Thank you for directing me to this thread and posting some night pics as well. Appears the corners of your MARS lights were dim as you mentioned. Did these lights come with bulbs or did you use your stock pre-lci?

From your posted pics, the only LED portion appears to be your turning signal. I ask because the verbiage used on MARS eBay shop appears to state just that - (Plz Attention) following (Item sold in pair(left and right), Bulbs may not fully provide)

See URL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/M3-LCI-Style...-/130490580857

To clarify, I sent MARS an email a few weeks ago and received the following response.
--
Hello:
Thanks very much for contact us.
Yes, we do have lots US customer purchase this lights from us via Ebay.
We not fully provide bulbs because you can still use some bulbs from your old tail lights
You can choose full red or full smoked for these lights
Best Regards
________________________________________
Thanks for visiting Mars Performance
Your Specialist Store for Auto-Lighting & Performance Accessories


Mars Performance Team
--
My presumption is I can purchase stronger LED lights, since MARS is really only providing the housing+LED Turn signals. I also noticed in this thread another forum member that purchased MARS taillights had to get coding done. Did you have to do the same?

Appreciate your time. LCI conversion on your car looks awesome!! GOOD JOB!!!
Bondimatt is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #30
Sil
New Member
 
Drives: BMW e90 2008 - jb4 - wip
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Bondimatt,

Thank you for responding to my post. You answered all of my questions. Much appreciated!

Check out this LED bulbs - http://www.superbrightleds.com/produ...-turn/814,526/
May be something you are interested in.

Regards,
Sil
Sil is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2012, 01:36 AM   #31
mrtanz
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW 2008 325i upgrade
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 445
iTrader: (0)

just to confirm to code the warnings out only take a few minutes
Contact me if you are interested in getting the coding.
I have coded a few people already.
mrtanz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2012, 01:44 AM   #32
bornadog335i
First Lieutenant
 
bornadog335i's Avatar
 
Drives: Black MY09 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 366
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtanz View Post
just to confirm to code the warnings out only take a few minutes
Contact me if you are interested in getting the coding.
I have coded a few people already.
Do you do remote coding?
__________________
M Sports Pack, Sapphire Black, Procede Rev 3, Alpina T3 trans flash, Gloss Black GTC wheels with Michelin 19" PSS, Gloss Black BMW Performance Grill
bornadog335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST