E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > All true humor contains an element of truth

10-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Gamoto
Private First Class

Drives: 08 E93 M3 6MT/13 335ix/ 13 X3/

All true humor contains an element of truth

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/romney-m...s-out-about-it
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
andramont726
Registered

Drives: bmw

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
United_States

Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

More truth to this than there is fiction....
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 02:42 AM   #4
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

And by no means are these even close to the worst examples. And every one of these folks gets the same vote I do. Good thing they are so easy to manipulate.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
OH PLEASE!!! Mitt Romney does a great job all on his own of making sure nobody knows anything about his vision for anything. He hides EVERYTHING!! Still waiting for the tax returns... He has litterally been on every side of every important political issue. Somebody please name something he hasn't been for before he was against or vice versa. He flip-flops more than an old pair of shoes 2 sizes too big. He will say anything he thinks the audience before him at the moment wants to hear. He proved that in the last 2 debates. The third debate was downright shameless. He agreed with the president so much I actually thought we was going to endorse him!

Who the F*#K is Mitt Romney, really???? Somebody please tell me. I'd REALLY like to know.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
OH PLEASE!!! Mitt Romney does a great job all on his own of making sure nobody knows anything about his vision for anything. He hides EVERYTHING!! Still waiting for the tax returns... He has litterally been on every side of every important political issue. Somebody please name something he hasn't been for before he was against or vice versa. He flip-flops more than an old pair of shoes 2 sizes too big. He will say anything he thinks the audience before him at the moment wants to hear. He proved that in the last 2 debates. The third debate was downright shameless. He agreed with the president so much I actually thought we was going to endorse him!

Who the F*#K is Mitt Romney, really???? Somebody please tell me. I'd REALLY like to know.
You seem a bit angry (and delusional). Would it be the upcoming ass whipping the Choom Gang prince is going to experience that did it? Just checkin'........
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #7
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

Drives: M3

Quote:
You'd really like to know?

Ok, what if somehow, you could get a magic machine, and when you aim it at a person, it would render them completely incapable of lying? (think something vaguely along the lines of Liar Liar movie with Jim Carrey). I know it's a crazy hypothetical, but humor me for a minute.

Let's say you did that, aimed it at Mitt, and then you could spend as much time as you want, asking him whatever questions you want. You could spend hours grilling him on anything.

Honestly, is there anything he could say while in that condition, that would get you to support him over Obama ? Unless the answer is absolutely yes, then I'd respectfully submit that you probably dont really care who the F*%k Mitt Romney truly is, your mind is already made up.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
United_States

Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
you probably dont really care who the F*%k Mitt Romney truly is, your mind is already made up.
Ya think?.
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
You'd really like to know?

Ok, what if somehow, you could get a magic machine, and when you aim it at a person, it would render them completely incapable of lying? (think something vaguely along the lines of Liar Liar movie with Jim Carrey). I know it's a crazy hypothetical, but humor me for a minute.

Let's say you did that, aimed it at Mitt, and then you could spend as much time as you want, asking him whatever questions you want. You could spend hours grilling him on anything.

Honestly, is there anything he could say while in that condition, that would get you to support him over Obama ? Unless the answer is absolutely yes, then I'd respectfully submit that you probably dont really care who the F*%k Mitt Romney truly is, your mind is already made up.
I'm not a Romney supporter. I'm sure I've made that clear on many occassions. That's news to no one.

But I would think for anyone who is a Romney supporter this man's constant waffeling on every issue would be very disconcerting. How do you know which Mitt Romney you're voting for? The fact that no person here has yet answered that question to me is very telling.

It's pretty obvious you HATE Barrack Obama with a passion. But you have no idea who this man is other than he is not Barrack Obama. And this time around I guess that's good enough for Republicans. So it's okay that you don't know who he is or what he believes in or if he has any core convictions other than wanting to check off being president from his list of accomplishments.

Is that really good enough for you? Really?
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #10
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
You seem a bit angry (and delusional). Would it be the upcoming ass whipping the Choom Gang prince is going to experience that did it? Just checkin'........
You seem pretty confident. That's good. Enjoy the moment. All indications are that it won't last very long. We'll see...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #11
txz4
Major

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:

what? Ill file this under the same category as "nuts who still think Obama wasn't born in the US".

No one hates Obama for anything other than his policies, although his utter arrogance and condescending attitude during the last debate might sway some into the hate category.

I would however say that i hate his polices (the only thing that matters. this is the president, not the prom king, people seem to forget that). Ive brought up Obamacare and what it will SPECIFICALLY do, in many threads including make a separate thread dealing with practical consequences of it, and not one of you have ever offered any useful input or even try to refute it.

I understand why this mindset exists, just flabbergasted at how....
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 03:42 AM   #12
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States

Quote:
You seem pretty confident. That's good. Enjoy the moment. All indications are that it won't last very long. We'll see...
Naaah, I'm not at all certain about this outcome. There are more democrats so sheer numbers do count. But I suspect that the polls have not captured what I see as a quiet determination on the part of a lot of people to get this guy out of office. I also think there are a number of disappointed dems who answer pollsters but may sleep in on election day. Also while I may be comfortable prognosticating a bit, the popular vote and electoral college may well come out differently this time.

How's this (and I'll eat the appropriate amount of crow if wrong): In a low turnout, Romney by five points in the popular vote.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 04:33 AM   #13
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
what? Ill file this under the same category as "nuts who still think Obama wasn't born in the US".

No one hates Obama for anything other than his policies, although his utter arrogance and condescending attitude during the last debate might sway some into the hate category.

I would however say that i hate his polices (the only thing that matters. this is the president, not the prom king, people seem to forget that). Ive brought up Obamacare and what it will SPECIFICALLY do, in many threads including make a separate thread dealing with practical consequences of it, and not one of you have ever offered any useful input or even try to refute it.

I understand why this mindset exists, just flabbergasted at how....
Oh yes, that would be the same Obamacare that was patterned after ROMNEYCARE.

...thanks for making my point.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 04:37 AM   #14
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Naaah, I'm not at all certain about this outcome. There are more democrats so sheer numbers do count. But I suspect that the polls have not captured what I see as a quiet determination on the part of a lot of people to get this guy out of office. I also think there are a number of disappointed dems who answer pollsters but may sleep in on election day. Also while I may be comfortable prognosticating a bit, the popular vote and electoral college may well come out differently this time.

How's this (and I'll eat the appropriate amount of crow if wrong): In a low turnout, Romney by five points in the popular vote.
This thing is close, no doubt. But in this election cycle the electoral math favors the president. Romney could actually win the popular vote and still lose the election. So again, we'll see...
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #15
txz4
Major

Quote:
Oh yes, that would be the same Obamacare that was patterned after ROMNEYCARE.

...thanks for making my point.
If you payed even a little bit more attention than your party cohorts you would realize that Obamacare has businesses footing the bill of employees insurance while Romneycare does not. Which is of course my main issue, not like were in a recession, but hey, "Businesses are doing fine".

....thanks for making my point that your uninformed and a down the line lib, disinterested with any progress towards a better future.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #16
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

Drives: M3

Quote:
It's pretty obvious you HATE Barrack Obama with a passion. But you have no idea who this man is other than he is not Barrack Obama. And this time around I guess that's good enough for Republicans. So it's okay that you don't know who he is or what he believes in or if he has any core convictions other than wanting to check off being president from his list of accomplishments.

Is that really good enough for you? Really?
Not sure Hate is the right word, it's really more like FEAR.

You dislike Romney based upon conjecture and speculation, because (unless you have a time machine), you do not know what he will do if elected. You can listen to what he says, or compare that to what he did as Gov of Mass, or running the Olympics, which are all reasonable aids to assist in the guessing, but still, not one person on this planet can know with certainty what he will actually do if he ends up in the White House.

My fear of Obama's policies is not based upon speculation, it's based upon irrefutable historical fact. We dont need to guess how effective he might be if he has a house majority or not, we've seen it firsthand. We dont have to wonder or guess if he might squander a house majority, and then continue to fumble the economic football so badly that he becomes the first president in history to suffer the indignity of a credit downgrade on his watch. No uncertainty there, these events are all matter of public record. I guess if folks want four more years of that, then voting Obama is the right choice for them. If you dont like that, then yes, maybe Romney is good enough for you.

Many times in history, a presidential candidate has stated a more hardcore platform to placate the party fundamentalists and win the nomination, only to drift towards the center as the date approaches in an effort to snare some moderate undecideds. Both Democrats and Republicans in the past have done that over and over. And yet, over and over, people have not called those candidates to be without core convictions, they can see what is happening there.

Perhaps one could argue that this time it is a bit more pronounced because the tea party faction is arguably more extreme/fundamentalist than what you might normally see within a party, and they hold a lot of clout, so nobody who consisently presented a moderate platform would have a snowballs chance in hell of winning the nomination. It's worth noting they have risen to such prominence and power on Barry's watch, I'm not sure that's a coincidence. For someone who was supposed to unite the country, it seems to be a lot more divided now than it's been in a LONG time. Once again, if you want even more of that, history suggests that Barry's your guy all right.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #17
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
If you payed even a little bit more attention than your party cohorts you would realize that Obamacare has businesses footing the bill of employees insurance while Romneycare does not. Which is of course my main issue, not like were in a recession, but hey, "Businesses are doing fine".

....thanks for making my point that your uninformed and a down the line lib, disinterested with any progress towards a better future.
There you go again assuming you know something you can't possibly know about me or anyone else you don't know personally without asking. I can't say I'm surprised. Resorting to personal attacks is a common tactic when the facts don't support your argument.

THE FACT IS that both Romneycare and Obamacare leave in place the major insurance systems: employer-provided insurance, Medicare for seniors and Medicaid for the poor.

GO CHECK THE FACTS

It would be very easy right now to descend to your level and play the personal attack and name calling game which is all too common here but you'll notice in all my recent posts that it's just not my style. I may disagree with your politics but I don't know you so I won't presume to make a judgement about you as a person.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #18
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:

Maybe if you had paid a bit more attention in school, you would get the spelling on that word correct. Basic writing skills, come on, we learn this stuff in elementary school.
      10-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #19
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Not sure Hate is the right word, it's really more like FEAR.

You dislike Romney based upon conjecture and speculation, because (unless you have a time machine), you do not know what he will do if elected. You can listen to what he says, or compare that to what he did as Gov of Mass, or running the Olympics, which are all reasonable aids to assist in the guessing, but still, not one person on this planet can know with certainty what he will actually do if he ends up in the White House.

My fear of Obama's policies is not based upon speculation, it's based upon irrefutable historical fact. We dont need to guess how effective he might be if he has a house majority or not, we've seen it firsthand. We dont have to wonder or guess if he might squander a house majority, and then continue to fumble the economic football so badly that he becomes the first president in history to suffer the indignity of a credit downgrade on his watch. No uncertainty there, these events are all matter of public record. I guess if folks want four more years of that, then voting Obama is the right choice for them. If you dont like that, then yes, maybe Romney is good enough for you.

Many times in history, a presidential candidate has stated a more hardcore platform to placate the party fundamentalists and win the nomination, only to drift towards the center as the date approaches in an effort to snare some moderate undecideds. Both Democrats and Republicans in the past have done that over and over. And yet, over and over, people have not called those candidates to be without core convictions, they can see what is happening there.

Perhaps one could argue that this time it is a bit more pronounced because the tea party faction is arguably more extreme/fundamentalist than what you might normally see within a party, and they hold a lot of clout, so nobody who consisently presented a moderate platform would have a snowballs chance in hell of winning the nomination. It's worth noting they have risen to such prominence and power on Barry's watch, I'm not sure that's a coincidence. For someone who was supposed to unite the country, it seems to be a lot more divided now than it's been in a LONG time. Once again, if you want even more of that, history suggests that Barry's your guy all right.
Personally I just don't subscribe to the politics of fear. I refuse to vote for anyone or anything based on fear. I have a more affirmative view of politics. Nothing I have seen in American politics in my lifetime leads me to believe that one president has the power to destroy this country even if he wanted to. I've seen presidents disgraced, impeached and forced to resign. This tells me the citizens of this nation won't stand by and allow one president to take the country down.

I agree that this president has a record. Obviously we disagree about whether it's a good record or not. I happen to think the president has a good record he can be proud of and I believe we should stay the course. Your interpretation of the reason for the credit downgrade is definitely different than mine. If anybody fumbled the ball it was the Tea Party congress holding John Boehner's feet to the fire, not allowing him to negotiate with the president and playing chicken with the whole US economy. It was a shameful spectacle designed to force the president's hand without regard to the consequences. Everyone paid a price for it.

In summary it's hard for any president to bring unity when the representatives of half of those you seek to to unite meet behind closed doors on the day of your election and make a tactical decision to oppose everything you do and to distort your record and everything you stand for.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #20
txz4
Major

Quote:
There you go again assuming you know something you can't possibly know about me or anyone else you don't know personally without asking. I can't say I'm surprised. Resorting to personal attacks is a common tactic when the facts don't support your argument.

THE FACT IS that both Romneycare and Obamacare leave in place the major insurance systems: employer-provided insurance, Medicare for seniors and Medicaid for the poor.

GO CHECK THE FACTS

It would be very easy right now to descend to your level and play the personal attack and name calling game which is all too common here but you'll notice in all my recent posts that it's just not my style. I may disagree with your politics but I don't know you so I won't presume to make a judgement about you as a person.
wow. such a long post filled with absolutely nothing of value.

Under Obamacare if you have a business that has 50 or more employees and one qualifies for obamacare, you have to pay a penalty of 2000 each (30 and above employees) or the cost of insurance for all employees. If the employees qualify (all or most) for obamacare and you dont provide, you have to pay 3000 for each one of them.

Let me ask you a question: What will happen if you have 55 employees? unless those 6 employees over 49 employees dont contribute enough to cover the wages they use, the payroll taxes you pay, and either the healthcare cost of ALL of your employees or the opt out fee, and of course a reasonable profit, i have a feeling they will be in the unemployment line....

Learn the facts. It wasnt a personal attack, it was an observation. You said that Obamacare was essentially Romneycare. You were essentially wrong. Either you lied or you were ignorant. Take your pick.

Last edited by txz4; 10-26-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #21
txz4
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Maybe if you had paid a bit more attention in school, you would get the spelling on that word correct. Basic writing skills, come on, we learn this stuff in elementary school.
Solid catch. Im an idiot. Everything i said was wrong because i misspelled "paid". Good thing it wasnt a requirement to get on the deans list this past summer, or a requirement to spell everything right all the time when i got my BBA last year.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #22
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Solid catch. Im an idiot. Everything i said was wrong because i misspelled "paid". Good thing it wasnt a requirement to get on the deans list this past summer, or a requirement to spell everything right all the time when i got my BBA last year.
Might want to check the capitalization of I while you're at it. Good luck when filling out job applications. Most that have spelling mistakes get thrown into the round file.